Are you still subcriber of PS Plus - after the price hike and "discount" bs

flaccidsnake

Veteran
2 May 2023
Because ... as I said ... tens of dollars a year do not affect me.

Inflation is hitting every single area of life, hard. If I want to get coffee and treat someone as well, it's nearly 20 dollars. Simple take out for two easily hits 50-70 dollars now. These are daily expenses. I really don't care about a tiny annual price hike to PS+. 🤷‍♂️

The point here is the anger, outrage, and solutions being proposed over this change are the definition of childishness, along with people lashing out at me for pointing it out. I'm actually kind of embarrassed to see this kind of discussion on this board. I suggest some growing up is in order.
this isn't an issue of inflation. there's no reason for online multiplayer to require a subscription in 2023.

Dr Bass

The doctor is in
Founder
20 Jun 2022
currently dual booting Fedora 39 and Windows 11. currently playing baldurs gate and last of us with better-than-ps5 performance.
Yes, and look what it costs.

How is that not clear? The answer to paying 20 dollars more a year or so is to get rid of a 500 dollar box and get a PC instead? It's a completely emotional and ridiculous response. That's the point. If you like PC, fine. If you are angry with a PS+ increase, paying way more money to go to something else is bizarre. And yeah, you don't even get all the same games so if you wanted those you're missing out anyway.

Again, the whole thing is silly.

flaccidsnake

Veteran
2 May 2023
Yes, and look what it costs.

How is that not clear? The answer to paying 20 dollars more a year or so is to get rid of a 500 dollar box and get a PC instead? It's a completely emotional and ridiculous response. That's the point. If you like PC, fine. If you are angry with a PS+ increase, paying way more money to go to something else is bizarre. And yeah, you don't even get all the same games so if you wanted those you're missing out anyway.

Again, the whole thing is silly.
i paid $950 at best buy. the model you linked to has a 3080 inside which will outperform PS6.

Nym

Did you like my Glasses, Snake?
21 Jun 2022
i paid $950 at best buy. the model you linked to has a 3080 inside which will outperform PS6.

I paid $800 something CDN for a launch PS5 with 2 controllers. Have already bought another controller, plus 3 years of plus. It's really not that much cheaper in the long run.

flaccidsnake

Veteran
2 May 2023
I paid $800 something CDN for a launch PS5 with 2 controllers. Have already bought another controller, plus 3 years of plus. It's really not that much cheaper in the long run.
if used properly, a laptop is a profit generator. a console is pure cost.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Nym

flaccidsnake

Veteran
2 May 2023
Because Starfield set the GP sales on fire, right?
like it or not, people subscribe to GamePass because of first party AAA games like Starfield. nobody subscribes to PS+ because they want Foamstars. We are being coerced into subscribing to PS+.

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
Been subbed to ps plus since its inception. I play online games; it’s mandatory… Also, not so shocking since every mothly bill from home internet, phone bill, to car insurance all went up…. sigh

arvfab

Oldest Guard
23 Jun 2022
like it or not, people subscribe to GamePass because of first party AAA games like Starfield.

Yet Starfield didn't make a dent in the subscription sales....

Go easy on the kid :D

He thinks PS+ can be in the same conversation with Gamepass's gigantic catalog of games

You are right, out of the two shitty services, PS+ is on a league on it's own, while Welfarepass is so good, that neither Xbox players nor PC players want to subscribe to it.

Reactions: SLB1904