Are you still subcriber of PS Plus - after the price hike and "discount" bs

Dr Bass

The doctor is in
Founder
20 Jun 2022
I don't get some of the thinking here. The response to raising the price of a pretty good service tens of dollars a year is to ditch a five hundred dollar console for a clunky machine that costs thousands (to get something good) and doesn't get the same games?

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

Kx11

Banned
7 Jan 2024
Katar
flickr.com
Is this sarcasm my sarcasm meter is broken at the moment? Why would you buy a $500 console to play PS1/PS2 titles when they were not really a focus to begin with?

I bought my PS5 for new games. I've only played a handful of PS1/PS2 titles on it.

Because the competition offers that, free 4k upscaling and 60fps in some cases

Papacheeks

Old Guard
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022

Thats a great add on, but not the marketing point of PS5 or ever has been. Hence why they add those games via their service. Its there for people who want it. Not many people have their collections of PS1/PS2 titles. Most people buy consoles for new games. Which is why PS5 and Nintendo are smashing xbox.

Reactions: arvfab and Dr Bass

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
I don't get some of the thinking here. The response to raising the price of a pretty good service tens of dollars a year is to ditch a five hundred dollar console for a clunky machine that costs thousands (to get something good) and doesn't get the same games?
Just the fact that you need to lie about the details says everything. Online on PC is free and these days you can build a pretty decent PC that is on pair with the PlayStation for a similar price and whatever the difference is you make it back with PC games being generally cheaper.

It's not just about PS+, it's the entire platform that has been lacking for some time now. This isn't the PlayStation I was a fan of for a long time. Square Enix and their timed exclusives are what have kept me on PS5 this long.

KnittedKnight

Gaming Sage
Icon Extra
13 Jul 2022
The paywall needs to die.

Premium is not worth it for me. Extra barely cause I buy most of what I want to play although it has paid itself this year more or less with a couple titles I had on my wishlist. It paid itself cause I bought the subscription at a discount about two years ago. At current price that ain't happening.

Unsure what to do when it lapses but on and off is possible.

Good luck to them with their little margins play.

Nym

Did you like my Glasses, Snake?
21 Jun 2022
raising the price of a pretty good service tens of dollars a year....

I sub to essential. It is not "pretty good." Can you explain why the price I pay for this increased?

a clunky machine that costs thousands (to get something good) and doesn't get the same games?

Clunky? ok

I'm looking at maybe a thousand dollar build which is only a couple hundred more than my PS5 cost (they are more or less even when I factor in PS plus costs)

I can play decades worth of good games on my PC and I can play the new online games I want without additional taxes.

Which part of this is hard to understand for you

Dr Bass

The doctor is in
Founder
20 Jun 2022
Just the fact that you need to lie about the details says everything. Online on PC is free and these days you can build a pretty decent PC that is on pair with the PlayStation for a similar price and whatever the difference is you make it back with PC games being generally cheaper.

It's not just about PS+, it's the entire platform that has been lacking for some time now. This isn't the PlayStation I was a fan of for a long time. Square Enix and their timed exclusives are what have kept me on PS5 this long.
Lie? Go get a life dude.

I sub to essential. It is not "pretty good." Can you explain why the price I pay for this increased?

Clunky? ok

I'm looking at maybe a thousand dollar build which is only a couple hundred more than my PS5 cost (they are more or less even when I factor in PS plus costs)

I can play decades worth of good games on my PC and I can play the new online games I want without additional taxes.

Which part of this is hard to understand for you
Yes, clunky. PCs (which I used to build myself for years) are ugly, hot-running, dorky machines.

What part is "hard to understand"? What I just mentioned. People being outraged by, literally, tens of dollars, and the solution is to go for something more expensive and worse. Sorry, a 500 dollar PC is not a good device.

We got some rude people on this board.

flaccidsnake

Veteran
2 May 2023
If PS5 performance is considered "Good", you can buy an even better laptop for under $1000. Less clunky too!

Nym

Did you like my Glasses, Snake?
21 Jun 2022
Yes, clunky. PCs (which I used to build myself for years) are ugly, hot-running, dorky machines.

lol my PC is a black rectangle, zero clunkiness. Runs fine, no issues with wiring or anything. Doesn't require a stand to sit horizontally lol.

The PS5 is absolutely awkwardly shaped and heavy and difficult to move around in my entertainment unit for wiring without the stand coming unseated.

People being outraged by, literally, tens of dollars, and the solution is to go for something more expensive and worse. Sorry, a 500 dollar PC is not a good device.

How are you ok with Sony just upping the cost of an already completely bullshit tax, and not providing anything at all for said increase? I wouldn't call it "outrage" on my end, but this price increase made me say fuck this I'm done, and I am moving towards PC for all the benefits and lower costs.

I didn't say anything about a $500 computer I said mine was about $1000, and basically my PS5 costs more than that when I factor in PS plus costs for a gen. Try again.

• Heart
Reactions: flaccidsnake

flaccidsnake

Veteran
2 May 2023
PC laptops are garbage, not sure what you're referring to. :)
SrZ7WdYnaktsVVC6a7njaF-970-80.jpg.webp

Asus ROG Zephyrus G15 Specifications
CPUAMD Ryzen 9 5900HS (8 cores, 16 threads, 3.0GHz base, 4.6GHz boost, 35-watt TDP)
GraphicsNvidia GeForce RTX 3060, 6GB GDDR6, 1,425MHz boost clock, 95-watt maximum graphics power
Memory16GB DDR4-3200
Storage512GB PCIe Gen 3 SSD
Display15.6-inch, IPS, 2560 x 1440, 165Hz

• haha
Reactions: arvfab

arvfab

Oldest Guard
23 Jun 2022
I have stacked premium for a few years on good deals. Will probably downgrade to Essentials after that, unless Sony makes savegame backups free again, in that case I will probably unsub.

But it's sad if it's the only thing the competition offers, isn't it?

Dr Bass

The doctor is in
Founder
20 Jun 2022
SrZ7WdYnaktsVVC6a7njaF-970-80.jpg.webp

Asus ROG Zephyrus G15 Specifications
CPUAMD Ryzen 9 5900HS (8 cores, 16 threads, 3.0GHz base, 4.6GHz boost, 35-watt TDP)
GraphicsNvidia GeForce RTX 3060, 6GB GDDR6, 1,425MHz boost clock, 95-watt maximum graphics power
Memory16GB DDR4-3200
Storage512GB PCIe Gen 3 SSD
Display15.6-inch, IPS, 2560 x 1440, 165Hz
Yes? That's a cheesy Asus MacBook Pro knock off that runs the worst operating system on the planet. Garbage. I'm really not sure what your point is here.

flaccidsnake

Veteran
2 May 2023
Yes? That's a cheesy Asus MacBook Pro knock off that runs the worst operating system on the planet. Garbage. I'm really not sure what your point is here.
currently dual booting Fedora 39 and Windows 11. currently playing baldurs gate and last of us with better-than-ps5 performance.

Dr Bass

The doctor is in
Founder
20 Jun 2022
lol my PC is a black rectangle, zero clunkiness. Runs fine, no issues with wiring or anything. Doesn't require a stand to sit horizontally lol.

The PS5 is absolutely awkwardly shaped and heavy and difficult to move around in my entertainment unit for wiring without the stand coming unseated.

How are you ok with Sony just upping the cost of an already completely bullshit tax, and not providing anything at all for said increase? I wouldn't call it "outrage" on my end, but this price increase made me say fuck this I'm done, and I am moving towards PC for all the benefits and lower costs.

I didn't say anything about a $500 computer I said mine was about $1000, and basically my PS5 costs more than that when I factor in PS plus costs for a gen. Try again.
Because ... as I said ... tens of dollars a year do not affect me.

Inflation is hitting every single area of life, hard. If I want to get coffee and treat someone as well, it's nearly 20 dollars. Simple take out for two easily hits 50-70 dollars now. These are daily expenses. I really don't care about a tiny annual price hike to PS+. 🤷‍♂️

The point here is the anger, outrage, and solutions being proposed over this change are the definition of childishness, along with people lashing out at me for pointing it out. I'm actually kind of embarrassed to see this kind of discussion on this board. I suggest some growing up is in order.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

Kx11

Banned
7 Jan 2024
Katar
flickr.com
I have stacked premium for a few years on good deals. Will probably downgrade to Essentials after that, unless Sony makes savegame backups free again, in that case I will probably unsub.

But it's sad if it's the only thing the competition offers, isn't it?

No, their pricing includes a lot more new games for the same price of PS+ if not lower

meh both are overpriced anyways but gamepass is the better deal

• haha