As PlayStation outsells Xbox by well over 3:1, Digital Foundry discusses a new Xbox in 2026.

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
And in the end we got nothing. TLoU multiplayer was good, we could've at least got the evolution of that, we didn't even get the multipalyer part in the remake. Just loss on top of loss for TLoU fans over this attempt to turn Factions into the next Fortnite.

I think the goal was more to get it like GTA Online with lots of coop and stories.
Shame either way for me

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
I think the goal was more to get it like GTA Online with lots of coop and stories.
Shame either way for me
I played GTA Online once and it was putrid, I never even played Fortnite, it was used it as an example of Sony thinking they can just conjure up a GaaS success as if all other publishers had not being trying to do it for a long time.

MS tried is for years and the best they got was Sea of Thieves (a game that right now has 1/4 the current players of Left 4 Dead 2 on Steamcharts).

Last edited:

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
I played GTA Online once and it was putrid, I never even played Fortnite, it was used it as an example of Sony thinking they can just conjure up a GaaS success as if all other publishers had not being trying to do it for a long time.

MS tried is for years and the best they got was Sea of Thieves (a game that right now has 1/4 the current players of Left 4 Dead 2 on Steamcharts).
I never played GTA Online, but I really liked the coop levels in RDR 1 online.
Im not the biggest online gamer, sometimes I get into them, FF14, Destiny, PSO, Rocket League, I prefer something like RDR1 online and what Factions 2 was meant to be, PVE over simply PVP online games. Im more a single player gamer.

PS has had online games before, they need to produce some more now. And also up there single player games output. Quality + More = Better. Use that money

Reactions: Nhomnhom

AllBizness

Veteran
22 Jul 2023
I'll just copy my reply on Era from this very topic:

"I doubt it. Microsoft doesn't like to launch Xbox alone, its annoying af. They will launch same time as PS6 guaranteed. I think they are afraid to launch a year or 2 earlier then Sony in fear of PS6 pretty much killing their console when it launches"

AshHunter216

Banned
8 Jan 2023
I'll just copy my reply on Era from this very topic:

"I doubt it. Microsoft doesn't like to launch Xbox alone, its annoying af. They will launch same time as PS6 guaranteed. I think they are afraid to launch a year or 2 earlier then Sony in fear of PS6 pretty much killing their console when it launches"
Yeah, they don't seem to realize how bad an idea it would be for them. It would be like the Dreamcast launching early only to get overshadowed by the PS2 all over again.

KiryuRealty

Cambridge Dictionary High Priest of Grammar
28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.
It’s funny how many people actually think that MS would approve the R and D budget for a new generation of consoles with this generation crashing and burning as epically as it has.

Developing new hardware is NOT CHEAP, and with budgets for all aspects of Xbox being slashed, there’s no way they’ve been bankrolled for more hardware.

flaccidsnake

Veteran
2 May 2023
It’s funny how many people actually think that MS would approve the R and D budget for a new generation of consoles with this generation crashing and burning as epically as it has.

Developing new hardware is NOT CHEAP, and with budgets for all aspects of Xbox being slashed, there’s no way they’ve been bankrolled for more hardware.
Is your prediction that there won't be another Xbox console? Even if the 2026 rumors are false, any new hardware would already be in development. For sure PS6 is in progress.

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
I want to see Kiryu say it. It's a wild prediction to make only a few months after the $70B acquisition of Activision.
Disagree. They are clearly moving towards being 3rd party and the hardware side is costing them way more than is worth it considering the sales are absolutely abysmal. At this point it would be much easier for them to conform XGS to the ABK model rather than the other way round considering ABK is actually profitable and tbeir hardware business is not.

KiryuRealty

Cambridge Dictionary High Priest of Grammar
28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.
I want to see Kiryu say it. It's a wild prediction to make only a few months after the $70B acquisition of Activision.
They've internally pegged 2027 as the drop-dead date for Xbox if Game Pass fails to meet a target that it clearly won't.

They don't need their own hardware to publish Activision games and frankly, they'd make more money publishing on other platforms than they'd ever make exclusively. Xbox didn't buy Activision, Microsoft did.

There will not be another generation of Xbox hardware, nor will there be a mid-get refresh, as they have still not sold enough to justify a silicon refactor. Even the 1TB Series S is exactly the same internals as the 512GB, just with more flash and a different color housing.

So, how about Flaccid explains to us why he thinks MS will keep pissing money away now that they've clearly seen they have no hope of making money off Xbox. That should be great for a laugh.

AllBizness

Veteran
22 Jul 2023
The sooner Xbox dies the better. I just want a Tony Hawk 3 remake on PS5 and Killer Instinct ported, I'm confident both of these things will happen when Microsoft kills the Xbox platform.

• haha
Reactions: KiryuRealty