As PlayStation outsells Xbox by well over 3:1, Digital Foundry discusses a new Xbox in 2026.

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
True. Most people go to Epstein's island for the open bar.
The elite people go to exclusive places and parties to stay away from regular people. There may be drugs or hookers there but doesn't mean all of them consume them, or that even know about their existence because maybe were even located on a separate part of the island.

Maybe they see hot women there and think they are guest models, normal workers from there, people who lives with that rich person or something instead of assuming they are hookers paid by the owner of the place, and maybe didn't knew that some of them were minors.

I assume the closer people to him knew about this and were his "clients", but other ones maybe simply went there once or twice to have a regular party or vacations and didn't see or knew anything about this.

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
The elite people go to exclusive places and parties to stay away from regular people. There may be drugs or hookers there but doesn't mean all of them consume them, or that even know about their existence because maybe were even located on a separate part of the island.

Maybe they see hot women there and think they are guest models, normal workers from there, people who lives with that rich person or something instead of assuming they are hookers paid by the owner of the place, and maybe didn't knew that some of them were minors.

I assume the closer people to him knew about this and were his "clients", but other ones maybe simply went there once or twice to have a regular party or vacations and didn't see or knew anything about this.
How can you have all the worst takes in this forum? Poor Bill Gates, he didn't know about anything...

flaccidsnake

Veteran
2 May 2023

Right, the elites have lots of options. So if they wind up at the pedophile island, they chose that over 1000 other places they could've been.

Cool hand luke

Veteran
14 Feb 2023
"His lifestyle is very different and kind of intriguing although it would not work for me," Gates emailed colleagues in 2011, after his first meeting with Epstein.
Gates on Epstein. Underage trafficking - so intriguing.

Break up Microsoft and arrest Bill Gates.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Diah

ToTTenTranz

Veteran
Icon Extra
4 Aug 2023
I pretty much agree with almost everything they said in that Digital Foundry video.

The X360 was indeed a spectacular console based off its hardware innovations (embedded DRAM, unified shaders, "free" 2x MSAA), it was the console that brought us the Gears of War franchise and it was by far the best console to play multiplatform titles (Mass Effect, Batman Arkham, CoD, Skyrim, Fallout 3, RDR1, Portal 2, etc.).
People seem to forget how bad the PS3's performance was in most multiplatforms, when compared to the PS3.

The guys in the video just lost me at the need to go after Nvidia in hardware features for future game consoles. Microsoft and Sony have a lot more videogame developers on their payroll than Nvidia, so they need to listen to their developers to develop new hardware, not look at a company that is 99% focused on AI that nowadays releases desktop gaming GPUs as an afterthought. Microsoft needs a Mark Cerny of their own, and AMD (or whomever makes their future semi-custom APU) needs to make a GPU architecture based on those requirements.

Last edited:
Reactions: Entropi
24 Jun 2022
You know something's don goofed if I'm agreeing with @flaccidsnake 🤣.

I did see a "leaked" list of Epstein contacts...most likely fake because no Republican politicians on it (in reality you'd have Republicans, Democrats and Independents and politicians from around the world on that list), but some of the Hollywood names wouldn't surprise me. Some would be really disappointing if true, but others? I'd expect it.

Anything this has nothing to do with PlayStation or Xbox so that's all I'm gonna say on it.

I pretty much agree with almost everything they said in that Digital Foundry video.

The X360 was indeed a spectacular console based off its hardware innovations (embedded DRAM, unified shaders, "free" 2x MSAA), it was the console that brought us the Gears of War franchise and it was by far the best console to play multiplatform titles (Mass Effect, Batman Arkham, CoD, Skyrim, Fallout 3, RDR1, Portal 2, etc.).
People seem to forget how bad the PS3's performance was in most multiplatforms, when compared to the PS3.

360's best years were 2005-2009. I think the innovations it had on the GPU/RAM side, were counter-balanced by PS3's CPU innovations. PS3 really is more or less the first multi-core CPU gaming console in essence, if not necessarily in the common modern-day sense of the more generic multi-core setups which have since become common in computing.

3P performance disparities were at their largest from 2006 to 2008 I'd say. From 2009 onward the gap was gradually shrinking and it seemed to happen faster with Japanese games than Western ones. But even big Western games later on like GTA5 ran better on PS3 than 360, once devs finally came to grips with the Cell architecture.

The guys in the video just lost me at the need to go after Nvidia in hardware features for future game consoles. Microsoft and Sony have a lot more videogame developers on their payroll than Nvidia, so they need to listen to their developers to develop new hardware, not look at a company that is 99% focused on AI that nowadays releases desktop gaming GPUs as an afterthought. Microsoft needs a Mark Cerny of their own, and AMD (or whomever makes their future semi-custom APU) needs to make a GPU architecture based on those requirements.

MS already have a Mark Cerny of their own, his name's Jason Ronald. The problem with Xbox in developing a gaming hardware that can cleanly beat Sony's goes way deeper than one person. MS's 1P don't have a development culture of industry-leading excellence, so they don't get that type of top-level internal feedback for the hardware teams. In turn, they don't foster the environment for 3P to make games at that level (PS does) nor do they have the 1P that various 3P may look at for inspiration to push things at technical levels (PS does). So it's a cyclic loop problem.

Like I 100% bet you the next F1 current gen-only racing release isn't going to be aiming to compete with Forza Motorsport's car models; they're going to be aiming to compete with and match/beat GT7's. Because GT7's is the industry standard, not Forza's. And you'll see this repeated multiple times over across the AAA and growing parts of the AA gaming scene.

Reactions: flaccidsnake

Alabtrosmyster

Veteran
26 Jun 2022
Cmon lads. This is 2020s. This is not 1940s.

My son is 186cm, even my daughter is 160m. She is in 3rd year middle school. Both my wife and I are 170cm above.

Where does that come from?
Praying god on every occasion!

I recall reading a while ago that as Asians had access to more calories they tended to get taller/bigger and the gap was closing. Same for some European regions that used to have shorter people.

The presence of specific nutrients at the right time while in development will play about as much as a role as genetics (genes still play a role, not everyone can grow up to be 6ft7inch)

Now, be fair to people who keep on calling averages, these numbers are used all the time when comparing populations. Using them is not denying the existence of extremes.

Now, anybody who is 5ft7 who has been to Thailand will tell you that they know what feeling like a giant means now... This is why we have averages.

laynelane

Veteran
14 Jul 2022

People who went to Epstein's parties are not "elite" - they're scum who had no issues with him. "Regular" people are also aware that a sicko who traffics people (minors included) for sex is not a good person, but know they should stay away from such people. It's too bad the same can't be said for Bill Gates, Prince Andrew, and all the other scumbags who indulged themselves by colluding with Epstein.

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
This should be banworthy 😂
Phil Spencer: "Mom, can we get Mark Cerny?"
Satya Nadella : "No, we have Mark Cerny at home"
Mark Cerny at home:
gets ronald mcdonald GIF

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
People who went to Epstein's parties are not "elite" - they're scum who had no issues with him. "Regular" people are also aware that a sicko who traffics people (minors included) for sex is not a good person, but know they should stay away from such people. It's too bad the same can't be said for Bill Gates, Prince Andrew, and all the other scumbags who indulged themselves by colluding with Epstein.
That's the problem with people when they get rich and powerful: they think that laws, ethics, and morals don't apply to them.

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Even when the PS3 was doing poorly I did not feel bad as fan, in fact I sold my 360 and got a PS3 mid gen.

PS5 Sony makes me feel a lot like PS Vita Sony where as a costumer it felt like they were constantly going against my wishes and their decisions just looked stupid to me.
Yeah, I feel they are riding off PS4 success and coasting this gen

They havent turned it up a notch this gen. As fan, the console is amazing but there effort and output is nothing special atm

Reactions: Nhomnhom

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
Yeah, I feel they are riding off PS4 success and coasting this gen

They havent turned it up a notch this gen. As fan, the console is amazing but there effort and output is nothing special atm
gaas pushed ruined the vibes tbh
glad naughty dog killed factions but they need to wise up, and soon

• sad
Reactions: Kokoloko

MaxParrish

8 Jan 2023
Actually, the reason I feel it works for Microsoft even in that context is because at the end of the day, it still locks PC gamers into the Windows ecosystem, and Microsoft gaming hardware devices.
Both of which are things Valve want to shift gamers away from (Steam OS/Linux, and devices like Steam Deck and whatever other PC gaming hardware they do going forward). And doing that also gives Microsoft some real value proposition in gaming for a change...although it'd mean abandoning the traditional console business model to do so.

In the advent Microsoft don't actually stop making gaming hardware altogether, this would probablybe the alternative they take.
I don't see how a NUC or a laptop are a true alternative to the Steam Deck ( I also don't really think the Steam Deck's sales guarantee the proposition of an alternative) and I don't think the adoption of Steam Os/ Linux between gamers outside of Steam Deck and similar portable sistem is high enough to necessitate such an answer from Microsoft .I think their efforts should be instead concentrated in making a more efficient , eventually stripped down version of Windows intended mainly for this part of customers.

Last edited:

PropellerEar

Veteran
Founder
21 Jun 2022
I was looking forward to Factions. More TLOU stories being told outside of Ellie/Joel etc. Single player story elements in a big multiplayer world, I was very excited about it. Plus ND does great Multiplayer combat too
Me too, bit more evolved multiplayer combat than basic Destiny/CoD/Battle Royale.

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
I was looking forward to Factions. More TLOU stories being told outside of Ellie/Joel etc. Single player story elements in a big multiplayer world, I was very excited about it. Plus ND does great Multiplayer combat too
And in the end we got nothing. TLoU multiplayer was good, we could've at least got the evolution of that, we didn't even get the multipalyer part in the remake. Just loss on top of loss for TLoU fans over this attempt to turn Factions into the next Fortnite.

• sad
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
I would've liked to play it too but the live service aspect was troubling. And let's be real, the manpower cost of sustaining a real live service would've taken over the entire studio+then some. Especially at the quality levels ND holds itself to.

Reactions: Kokoloko