As PlayStation outsells Xbox by well over 3:1, Digital Foundry discusses a new Xbox in 2026.

KiryuRealty

Cambridge Dictionary High Priest of Grammar
28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.
Look at the sales, especially the shitty sales with the system heavily discounted during the holiday rush, the fact that the higher-ups have given Xbox an expiration date and then consider that holiday fire sales that accomplish nothing also happened with the Saturn and Dreamcast just before they were discontinued, and consider how much more MS would make as a third-party publisher on other platforms and tell me that there will be another Xbox.

22 years of failure is enough for MS to finally give up.

• Peachy
Reactions: Lord Mittens

Petekilla

Veteran
16 Jun 2023
Look at the sales, especially the shitty sales with the system heavily discounted during the holiday rush, the fact that the higher-ups have given Xbox an expiration date and then consider that holiday fire sales that accomplish nothing also happened with the Saturn and Dreamcast just before they were discontinued, and consider how much more MS would make as a third-party publisher on other platforms and tell me that there will be another Xbox.

22 years of failure is enough for MS to finally give up.
Would MS really make more as a 3rd party publisher? I read somewhere that they could make less because, of the 30% cut they would need to give to the other platforms.

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
2024 and these dudes are still talking about that Xbox 360, get over it. The Xbox 360 sucked, it imposed paid online and paywalls as the standard on console, it got outsold by the PS3 (even with RRoD inflating the numbers massively), it was outclassed on the exclusives front and MS abandoned it midgen to focus on Kinetic.

At one point the Xbox 360 was performing better than the PS3 ond multiplats, you could get one for half the price of a PS3 and still that wasn't enough. There is this revisionist history that attributes the success of a bunch of multiplayer and paid exclusives to MS.

Xbox 360 top 5 all time console? STFU 🤡

I agree, even though I enjoyed the 360. Halo 3, Gears at the time was great, Lost plus some more games, and I had hopes of KOTOR 3, Ninja Gaiden etc

But RRod gave it boosted sales, as did releasing a year before PS3, with a better price, better online infrastructure, better 3rd party, taking a bunch of PS centric games for the first time like Tekken, DMC, FF13 etc. And also the wave of Shill Journalism against PS and Japan at the time was insane.
And still it got outsold by PS3, Sony’s worst selling console…

MS and the fans need to realise this and that success is never coming back. Covid’s, Earth ending, Buying publishers, Shill Journalism, they can try it all. Its never gonna make Xbox successful again

Last edited:
Reactions: Nhomnhom

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
I agree, even though I enjoyed the 360. Halo 3, Gears at the same was great, Lost Odessy and I had hopes of KOTOR 3, Ninja Gaiden etc Plus some more games.

But RRod gave it boosted sales, as did releasing a year before PS3, with a better price, better online infrastructure, better 3rd party, taking a bunch of PS centric games for the first time like Tekken, DMC, FF13 etc. And also the wave of Shill Journalism against PS and Japan at the time was insane.
And still it got outsold by PS3, Sony’s worst selling console…

MS and the fans need to realise this and that success is never coming back. Covid’s, Earth ending, Buying publishers, Shill Journalism, they can try it all. Its never gonna make Xbox successful again
PS3 was a mess but in the end I attribute the success of PS4 and PS5 to the changes Sony had to make to save the PS3 (mostly investing in their internal studios). I actually always liked most of the things that the PS3 tried that failed miserably, it was not done in bad faith, Cell, OtherOS, free online, premium console, it all just happened to backfire completely.

Xbox on the other hand never built anything on top of the break they had with the 360, they immediately negated all of it by going all in on Kinect, then nuked themselves trying to kill physical media and used games (things that would become less relevant naturally anyway), then shifted focus again to Gamepass unsuccessfully and once that model didn't work at all they decided to spend more money than PlayStation is worth in acquisitions just to find themselves in the current position of being dead last with nowhere to go.

MS vision for the gaming market always sucked, all along all they cared about was to replace PlayStation, instead of achieving that they were destroyed by Valve on the PC front and never got anywhere with Xbox. By being destroyed by Valve on the PC store front they naturally ended up without a relevant store on their own OS and now just like Epic they are salty that other companies have relevant storefronts.

PS5 Sony reminds me a lot of MS/Xbox and I deeply hate Bungie and their cynical approach to making games, so there is also that as well.

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
PS3 was a mess but in the end I attribute the success of PS4 and PS5 to the changes Sony had to make to save the PS3 (mostly investing on their internal studios). I actually always liked most of the things that the PS3 tried that failed miserably, it was not done in bad faith, Cell, OtherOS, free online, premium console, it all just happened to backfire completely.

Xbox on the other hand never built anything on top of the break they had with the 360, they immediately negated all of it by going all in on Kinect, then nuked themselves trying to physical media and used games (things that would become less relevant naturally anyway), then shifted focus again to Gamepass unsuccessfully and once that model didn't work at all they decided to spend more money than PlayStation is worth in acquisitions just to find themselves in the current position of being

MS vision for the gaming market always sucked, all along all they cared about was to PlayStation, instead of achieving that they were destroyed by Valve on the PC front and never got anywhere with Xbox.

PS5 Sony reminds me a lot of MS/Xbox and I deeply hate Bungie and their cynical approach to making games, so there is also that as well.

Agreed.
PS5 doesnt remind me of Xbox but it reminds of issues and someone is not managing there studios properly.… And the fans defending it reminds me of Xbots defending Phil. Its just not good enough as a PS fan

Bungie I like but they have been dikwods alot lol. I can understand why people hate them for sure. They disappointed me alot with how they handled your previous purchases when there DLC came out in Destiny. Why I never got into Destiny 2 after putting hundreds of hours into Destiny 1. Ill still try Marathon because they do good gunplay, they’ll have a chance to redeem themselves because I enjoyed Halo 2-Reach and Destiny so much.

Reactions: Nhomnhom

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
Agreed.
PS5 doesnt remind me of Xbox but it reminds of issues and someone is not managing there studios properly.… And the fans defending it reminds me of Xbots defending Phil. Its just not good enough as a PS fan

Bungie I like but they have been dikwods alot lol. I can understand why people hate them for sure. They disappointed me alot with how they handled your previous purchases when there DLC came out in Destiny. Why I never got into Destiny 2 after putting hundreds of hours into Destiny 1. Ill still try Marathon because they do good gunplay, they’ll have a chance to redeem themselves because I enjoyed Halo 2-Reach and Destiny so much.
Even when the PS3 was doing poorly I did not feel bad as fan, in fact I sold my 360 and got a PS3 mid gen.

PS5 Sony makes me feel a lot like PS Vita Sony where as a costumer it felt like they were constantly going against my wishes and their decisions just looked stupid to me.

Airbus

Veteran
Icon Extra
30 Jun 2022
Bill Gates is on the Epstein List, he needs to be arrested and Microsoft shut down
Wow really ? Bil Gates? This is big

How does this affect microsoft if hes arrested

Box

May contain Snake
6 Apr 2023
Wow really ? Bil Gates? This is big

How does this affect microsoft if hes arrested
His the founder and former CEO of Microsoft

He made 28 trips to Epstein Island according to the newly released documents

Airbus

Veteran
Icon Extra
30 Jun 2022
His the founder and former CEO of Microsoft

He made 28 trips to Epstein Island according to the newly released documents
Interesting

28 visit?

Now how will this impact xbox or microsoft in general

Airbus

Veteran
Icon Extra
30 Jun 2022
This was known for years. Nothing happened.

Why are you guys bringing it up now? Same for Kotick. It's not news at all.
Well after this revelations of course its easy for everyone to say something like this was known for years, everyone knew etc surprise pikachu face

But the truth is none of you actually knew about this until this news arrived

Bad publicity for microsoft and xbox

Highest ranked CEO involved in pedophilia and human trafficking

Stock will be affected

Last edited:

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
Well after this revelations of course its easy for everyone to say something like this was known for years, everyone knew etc surprise pikachu face

But the truth is none of you actually knew about this until this news arrived

Bad publicity for microsoft and xbox

Stock will be affected
We knew about it since at least 2019. I remember the news was everywhere at the time. His wife even asked for divorce. It was a big story.

Reactions: Entropi

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
Well we have bobby kotick, so I wouldn't be surprised if Microsoft has other skeletons in its closest
As far as I remember that list only means people who took Epstein's private jet / went to that island. Or attended to some Epstein parties. Which isn't any crime.

I may be wrong there isn't evidence that links all these people to Epstein's sex trafficking with minors, other than a few cases of the girls mentioning the case of a few of these persons.

As an example, a girl mentions she met Michael Jackson in a party but didn't do anything with him.

flaccidsnake

Veteran
2 May 2023
As far as I remember that list only means people who took Epstein's private jet / went to that island. Or attended to some Epstein parties. Which isn't any crime.

I may be wrong there isn't evidence that links all these people to Epstein's sex trafficking with minors, other than a few cases of the girls mentioning the case of a few of these persons.

As an example, a girl mentions she met Michael Jackson in a party but didn't do anything with him.
True. Most people go to Epstein's island for the open bar.