Astro Bot Director rules out PSVR2 version but wants to hear from fans about potential PC version

Neversummer

Veteran
27 Jun 2023
Steam Deck is equivalent in power to a PS4 and its battery goes down quickly if you run anything AAA. It's also a Linux machine, so anyone wanting to get emulation and other computer specific features setup in Desktop Mode will have to learn to use the terminal, which is just not a user friendly experience for the casual player.

I own a Steam Deck. Love it even. But your average person is not going to find it to be a suitable replacement for the simplicity of a console. It also still has all of the same problems in terms of worrying about specs and fiddling with the setting
Steamdeck can still play PS5 games. I’m playing SM remake on Steamdeck at 1080p 45fps which is fine for a handheld with a small screen. Steamdeck is a console just like consoles are PC but more restricted & close. Valves only problem w hardware is that they don’t promoted to mass or allow access to mass purchase.

Killer_Sakoman

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
SIE are stupid. They are just bringing a hate wave toward a game that has a positive vibe around it.
With all the Concord fiasco you would think these guys have learned to communicate differently or try to bring some positive vibe to ease the shitstorm.

arvfab

Oldest Guard
23 Jun 2022
Sure but cancelling = No future Astrobot games and no incentive for Sony to invest in quirkier games.

Low PC sales will force Sony to react at some point (i hope lol)

If you cancel after this announcement AND they are able to connect the dots, it should send a message if many do it. But I doubt there is anyone smart enough currently there who is able to connect the dots.

And you could also say: low sales on PC maybe because of delayed release, let's put the next one day one.

Neversummer

Veteran
27 Jun 2023
Man.... sony got no shame.
Game about playstation and old ps heroes... goes to pc.
And it will be 60$ there 100% because sony is afraid of pc gamers but want their money.

Just stand your fucking ground, release good exclusives and you will sell consoles. What a bunch of morons
At the very least if PS was gonna due PC port make it exclusive to the PS PC launcher so that the PS PC launcher can gain relevance in the PC space also counter act piracy.

No shame at all. Bolstering there competitors platform.

arvfab

Oldest Guard
23 Jun 2022
At the very least if PS was gonna due PC port make it exclusive to the PS PC launcher so that the PS PC launcher can gain relevance in the PC space also counter act piracy.

A PS Launcher is equally bad. The PS versions are getting compromised by this. SIE logo was a seal of quality, now it's the same as with every other publisher: better to buy later, when everything is fixed and probably cheaper too.

Reactions: Neversummer

Neversummer

Veteran
27 Jun 2023
Na it will be 40/50$, they are selling for 60 on PS. At this point they are cucks, they can wait for the xbots to shift to their platform but instant gratification and profits are the name of the game
If anything make Astro bot & future PS games on PC exclusive to the PS PC launcher to counter privacy & also make them $70 with no sales so you bolster the PS platform as the cheaper platform to play PS games.

I’d make Astro Bot on PC $70 instead of $60 on PS & make it exclusive to the PS PC launcher with no sales + a PS account to play PS games. The absolute cuckery is worse then Xbox Indiana jones because Xbox is already multiplat day n date on PC PS is trying walk a thin line which is worse when these games are selling less then 5% of the PS version while bolstering the Steam platform & its hardware.

CrackmanNL

4 Apr 2024
Quest sold 25+ million compared to PSVR which is under 10 million if that likely under 7 million
I would also add Meta went 50 billion in the minus for their VR division, something Sony won't and is not able to follow.

I agree with the general sentiment but to bring some nuance; ''We wanna hear from you'' from the lead, could imply that he wants to but is not able to and needs vocal fan pressure to make it happen.

Dumb quote for a PS5 release but it goes back to other devs having their titles ported to Steam.

Neversummer

Veteran
27 Jun 2023
If you cancel after this announcement AND they are able to connect the dots, it should send a message if many do it. But I doubt there is anyone smart enough currently there who is able to connect the dots.

And you could also say: low sales on PC maybe because of delayed release, let's put the next one day one.
Fully expecting Until dawn to have low sales on par w R&C rift apart or sackboy honestly

Neversummer

Veteran
27 Jun 2023
I would also add Meta went 50 billion in the minus for their VR division, something Sony won't and is not able to follow.

I agree with the general sentiment but to bring some nuance; ''We wanna hear from you'' from the lead, could imply that he wants to but is not able to and needs vocal fan pressure to make it happen.

Dumb quote for a PS5 release but it goes back to other devs having their titles ported to Steam.
There’s also a distinction where meta went to VR head on without owning any notable ip while PS has ip that could be license to VR studio to produce & monetize. Capcom said RE4 VR increase sells likely from the conversation how amazing it was + the bag they got from Sony for exclusivity

Also I don’t even think you need a full vr mode for Astro bot people just want to play it in the AR type mode or like the returnal VR mode where it’s not a full VR mode but just taking into the perspective of first person or a top down/ far back 3rd person like moss

Neversummer

Veteran
27 Jun 2023
Lol people crying about PC ports but it doesn't matter. Sony boxes still sell a lot. It's at the same pace or better then the PS4, despite PC ports. So Sony is going to continue to give the PC guys the goodies. I expect day and date by next gen
PS5 riding the wave of PS4 (who had true exclusive) the same won’t be said for PS6 when people know PS games like the ones from the PS5 generation get ported day n date or 1 year. The decisions of making a purchase/investment for a platform will be much clear cut when PS6 releases then PS5

• haha
Reactions: Ezekiel

Ezekiel

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
You love seeing it be blown all out of proportion from the usual folk.

If they ever port it, will it be the first game that requires a DualSense controller? Seems like the game will fully use all it's features.

• thinking_hard
Reactions: anonpuffs

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
You love seeing it be blown all out of proportion from the usual folk.

If they ever port it, will it be the first game that requires a DualSense controller? Seems like the game will fully use all it's features.
Keep dreaming bro, have you seen how Sony has been bending over on PC lately?

• haha

Muddasar

Veteran
22 Jun 2022
Talk about overreaction.

Now cancel your preorders to make it more likely and quicker to come on PC.

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
I know that Sony doesn't care about their platform anymore but I'm still getting it to support Team Asobi. So many people are still crying about Japan Studio. We don't want the same thing to happen.

Astrobot looks amazing 😁
For sure. I want the game a lot. It's just disheartening to see Sony devalue their own product without a care.

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
Talk about overreaction.

Lol okay, just make sure not to come crying the way xbots did when Xbox cratered. I'm on PC so i'll be fine regardless but I feel sorry for all the console bros in 10 years.

• haha
Reactions: Ezekiel and arvfab

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
Talk about overreaction.

How is it an overreaction? It's okay to be honest about your favorite platform holder.

Sony of PS3 / PS4 days wouldn't even think of announcing a PC port before their game was released on the respective platform.

Shit let's go back to 2020 when they didn't even want to announce that Horizon, Miles Morales, GT7 were coming to PS4... Because they wanted people to buy a PS5.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

arvfab

Oldest Guard
23 Jun 2022

Already cancelled. Doesn't matter if day 1, 6 months or 1 year. The moment devs have to consider an additional platform, I, as a console player, lose.

Muddasar

Veteran
22 Jun 2022
Lol okay, just make sure not to come crying the way xbots did when Xbox cratered. I'm on PC so i'll be fine regardless but I feel sorry for all the console bros in 10 years.

I’m not the one crying here. It’s you and the others.

I really find it laughable you are crying yet claim you will fine regardless cause you have a PC.

You make it sound like Sony has cancelled the PS5 port and moving all games to PC.

• Shake