Astro Bot Director rules out PSVR2 version but wants to hear from fans about potential PC version

VillaiN

Veteran
10 Feb 2023
This s nothing compared to when they start porting games tk switch 2. I wouldnt exclude xbox also.

These re corporate suits who only cares about their bonuses tied to revenuee growth. 2 billion net profits from ps division re not enough. They want more as usual. While studios re mismanaged to th3 core. Imagine u finance concord for 8 years and u cant see u burned 200 miliion. Molecule s doing nothing for 15 years. The moment they focus on 2 or more platforms u know quality went out of window.

Downfall of PS ll be glorious. Been there since ps1. Platform was never in worse state.

TrishaCat

Veteran
17 May 2024
Buy it so you can make them more likely to make more platformers and by extension an Ape Escape 4 and it get ported to PC so me and me specifically can be happy

quest4441

Veteran
27 Feb 2024
Yeah I cancelled both the pre-orders just now, Its better to give square the money with the ff16 port and might as well pick up the new zelda, I hope they find their sales from the audience "they want to hear from".

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
Let's have an entire talented game studio close down and all those people to lose their jobs because they..... ported a video game to PC.

this is just sad
Yeah, that's a bit extreme. I am concerned how gamers are so quick to want innocent devs livelihoods these days to be destroyed. PC initiative was pushed on many devs within Sony. The only Studio I know who actively pushed the PC initiative was Sony Santa Monica thanks to Corey... as much I respect he was fucked up for undermining his own brand but eh..

Reactions: Gods&Monsters

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
Yeah I cancelled both the pre-orders just now, Its better to give square the money with the ff16 port and might as well pick up the new zelda, I hope they find their sales from the audience "they want to hear from".
Take my approach and never pre-order just wait till release day :cool:

Entropi

Veteran
Icon Extra
22 Jan 2023
Yeah because PC players love this type of game lol. It's not going to happen.

quest4441

Veteran
27 Feb 2024
This s nothing compared to when they start porting games tk switch 2. I wouldnt exclude xbox also.

These re corporate suits who only cares about their bonuses tied to revenuee growth. 2 billion net profits from ps division re not enough. They want more as usual. While studios re mismanaged to th3 core. Imagine u finance concord for 8 years and u cant see u burned 200 miliion. Molecule s doing nothing for 15 years. The moment they focus on 2 or more platforms u know quality went out of window.

Downfall of PS ll be glorious. Been there since ps1. Platform was never in worse state.
Why even bother with 1st party might as well shut the studios down, they should go all in on the CoD and Fifa crowd. They will have no OPEX and pure profits from the 30% cuts. The dumbasses sold PSVR 2 at $600 to PS customers but sell it at $350 to PC players, I mean this should tell us everything about Herman and friends

Reactions: Danja

64bitmodels

29 Sep 2022
The dumbasses sold PSVR 2 at $600 to PS customers but sell it at $350 to PC players
PS customers can still buy a $350 PSVR2 headset???
Besides didn't they botch that PSVR2 adapter for PC? PS5 still gets the superior PSVR2 experience for now.

Reactions: Entropi

MrAss

24 May 2024
Worst part is PC players will not support this game just like they didn't support Sackboy or Ratchet
You know I would applaud Sony if their PC ports of single player games have sold huge numbers. I would understand why they do it. But looking at the actual numbers it's just laughable and kinda makes PS look miserable.

quest4441

Veteran
27 Feb 2024
PS customers can still buy a $350 PSVR2 headset???
Besides didn't they botch that PSVR2 adapter for PC? PS5 still gets the superior PSVR2 experience for now.
They could have sold it at 350 on launch to encourage more adopters but no they fuck over their dedicated base and give discount when the product is made PC compatible, stop deepthroating Sony

Muddasar

Veteran
22 Jun 2022

Sure you did.

24 Jun 2022
It's funny to watch History repeat itself. Xbox fanboys were just like this between 2010 and 2018.... With Kinect, GamePass and then PC push... Now look at the brand.

PlayStation will never see the kinda hype for the brand ever again like they did back in 2020... Remember how a simple Logo on IG sent shockwaves everywhere?

PS6 will be limped and it will be sad to see as a gamer.

I've got zero interest in the PS5 Pro as a product (although I'm always interested in the underlying tech, like PSSR), and the PS6 will probably be more of the same but an even smaller jump over PS5 than the PS5 was over PS4 (relatively speaking), and probably very pedestrian in terms of the user experience it tries to push.

After all, it seems like SIE have basically given up on VR, which also means nothing big for AR or MR for PlayStation either. The only device on the horizon that could be of interest as a product to me is the PlayStation handheld...assuming it even exists or will ever exists. Can't count on SIE to communicate about any of that anytime soon if ever.

Right now they are just another publisher to me who happens to have a hardware platform, basically like Microsoft these days. And on that front, as a publisher, there are other companies doing more exciting things in the gaming landscape (IMO) than SIE (or Microsoft).

Ezekiel

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
Keep dreaming bro, have you seen how Sony has been bending over on PC lately?
Dreaming? You must mistake me to be a PS doomer. I don't care about PC ports, but wouldn't you agree that this would be a hard port to make because of the extensive use of the DualSense features? Also, it's not like they need to sell 20 million copies of this to make it worthwhile lol

Reactions: Entropi

peter42O

Veteran
12 Jan 2024
After reading the majority of posts on the first two pages, im sorry and say this with all due respect but a lot of you guys are fucking nuts. All any of you care about is exclusivity and console/list wars. Like, you guys won already. Sony won. PlayStation won. It's over and done. Enjoy the victory. Sony has dominated since the original PlayStation and even after screwing up with PlayStation 3, they still ended the generation second behind Nintendo but ahead of Microsoft. Seriously, it's over. Enjoy the victory.

However, instead of enjoying what was an easy victory for the most part, you guys would rather bitch about Astro Bot (or any Sony published game for that matter) potentially going to PC. Why? No one here can be this naive, blind and delusional. You all know their direction. They're going to PC and will be day one sooner rather than later. Accept it or go spend thousands of dollars on a high end power PC where you can spend more time downloading updates, drivers and setting the configuration for each and every game as opposed to actually playing them.

They started with their PC ports in 2020 and you're ALL still here!! None of you are going to Microsoft and Xbox obviously because you all hate and despise that company and platform, none of you are going to Nintendo because they're not giving you those hundred million dollar realistic blockbusters and then with PC, even if any of you do go there, you're still going to be buying their games on Steam or Epic or their own store front. And even if you wait for let's say a 50% off or so sale, you're still spending $30-$40 to play their games at least twice or more a year but at the cost of spending thousands up front on a PC. I don't see what any of you would gain from that?

Again, you all know this already. Stop acting, thinking or believing that Sony is going to all of a sudden change course or pivot just because you guys don't like it. That's not happening and you all know it. Above all else, for any gamer/consumer, it should be about one thing - are you getting games from the company that you like/love (in this case, Sony) that you want to play and if so, are those games great for you personally? That's literally all anyone should give two shits about.

I say all of the above as someone who has zero issues with anyone here personally but how/why so many of you care about what Sony does when let's be honest, it's their games, their studios and their IP's. They're going to do what THEY want to do. NOT what anyone else wants them to do. All of the above applies to every Xbox fan as well. I accepted what Microsoft is doing simply because first and foremost, I get so many benefits being on Xbox, why would I leave? Because I lose bragging rights in regards to exclusivity? Nah, fuck that. I will easily accept Microsoft giving Sony/Nintendo their games day one in exchange for all the benefits I get playing games on Xbox. And second, like with Sony and every other publicly traded company, they're ALL going to do what they want to do which above all else is increase their revenue and profits.

After that aspect, am I really going to sell/trade in my Xbox Series X and miss out on playing all these games that I want to play? Hell no. Someone playing Indiana Jones for example on their PlayStation 5 doesn't affect me whatsoever regardless of if I like/dislike the game. This aspect literally changes nothing for me. Don't know why anyone else would prefer to not play games solely based on if others not on PlayStation have the chance to play them as well. Also, until Sony's games are on PC day one, are you guys really going to wait months/years to play the games that you really want to play? Seriously, that makes no logical sense at all.

P.S. - Pre-ordered Astro Bot the other day along with purchasing Black Myth Wukong as I don't want to wait for if/when the Xbox port gets released and I will 100% be playing Astro Bot on release day because first and foremost, I really want to play the game and second, I know it's going to be a great to excellent game for me and im not giving that up for a lame limp dick reason such as "others not on PlayStation may potentially get to play the game too".

Anyway, nine more days until Astro Bot which I will be playing day one and from the looks of it, I may end up being the only one here on this forum playing it which would be hilarious. The Xbox fan playing Astro Bot on PlayStation 5 while all the PlayStation fans skip the game. LMAO. WTF?

I swear, I feel like im in the Twilight Zone. LOL

24 Jun 2022
@peter42O Don't have time for a drawn-out reply, so I'll just say this.

I care about gaming as an artform. That means I understand the role exclusivity has traditionally (and to this day) played in helping move gaming forward as an artform. When teams focus on a single spec, a single platform to pour their talent, resources, and optimization into, that generally leads to better fleshed-out games, more ambitious games, more polished games and more timeless releases.

Exclusives also can help give direction in how future gaming hardware is developed, to further push the artform forward. It's a circular feedback loop. Even if a game is a timed exclusive, if it's developed initially wholly focused on a single specific platform as if that is intended as the only platform for its release, you will generally get a better game. Just ask the history of gaming across Nintendo, SEGA, SNK, SIE, PC, even Microsoft.

I also understand that exclusives have helped foster competition between software teams, pushing them to one-up each other resulting in more and better games for gamers, and more choice for gamers overall. I understand these things, which is why I stress the importance of software exclusivity. It's not about keeping other people out; it's about encouraging creation of the best to draw more people in, and draw in more respect as an artform.

That's all I have to say on this, at least for now.

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
@peter42O Don't have time for a drawn-out reply, so I'll just say this.

I care about gaming as an artform. That means I understand the role exclusivity has traditionally (and to this day) played in helping move gaming forward as an artform. When teams focus on a single spec, a single platform to pour their talent, resources, and optimization into, that generally leads to better fleshed-out games, more ambitious games, more polished games and more timeless releases.

Exclusives also can help give direction in how future gaming hardware is developed, to further push the artform forward. It's a circular feedback loop. Even if a game is a timed exclusive, if it's developed initially wholly focused on a single specific platform as if that is intended as the only platform for its release, you will generally get a better game. Just ask the history of gaming across Nintendo, SEGA, SNK, SIE, PC, even Microsoft.

I also understand that exclusives have helped foster competition between software teams, pushing them to one-up each other resulting in more and better games for gamers, and more choice for gamers overall. I understand these things, which is why I stress the importance of software exclusivity. It's not about keeping other people out; it's about encouraging creation of the best to draw more people in, and draw in more respect as an artform.

That's all I have to say on this, at least for now.
It's also about a focus on quality instead of money. When you focus on money first corners start getting cut. That's how you end up with AAA titles that come out broken like cyberpunk and Jedi survivor.

24 Jun 2022
It's also about a focus on quality instead of money. When you focus on money first corners start getting cut. That's how you end up with AAA titles that come out broken like cyberpunk and Jedi survivor.

Or AAA games that are as safe and shaved off of any edge as possible, like they're all built on the same template with different coatings of paint.