Astro Bot |OT| gotta love them all!

OP
OP
rofif

rofif

...owns a 3080...why?
24 Jun 2022
Not trying to derail the thread, but the quality of this OT is legit low-quality unfit for a GOTY contender like Astro Bot.

@anonpuffs can you at least change the OT Title to something that actually makes sense?

@rofif thought his OT Title was witty, when in reality, it's a clear sign of ESL-laden humor that missed the mark of being clever.

I'm sure an OT Title like "MiyazakiLovesKojima is an Asshole Bot" would be a much better OT title than "cOnCoRd not sPaCe"
Dude it’s just an ot. It doesn’t matter at all what it’s called and what’s on first post. Nobody looks at first post. And I like my title so whatever

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
Really need that ape escape game, Come on Sony its a easy 3-5 million seller. They really need to start setting up small teams.
I tried Ape Escape on PS Plus Premium and it was so ugly and outdated. I guess you had to be there in 1970 or whenever it came out.

• Shake
Reactions: Danja

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
Finished the bot of war level. That was really cute lol. Having the Gregorian chant saying "a-so-bi" was really fun.

Puff

Veteran
10 Jan 2023

The partnership between Sony and Square seems to be collapsing? I always had a bad feeling about Takashi Kiryu.

Square-Enix-Microsoft-Takashi-Kiryu-Phil-Spencer.jpeg

quest4441

Veteran
27 Feb 2024
I tried Ape Escape on PS Plus Premium and it was so ugly and outdated. I guess you had to be there in 1970 or whenever it came out.
I am not that old dude the game released in 99 and I was 9 yrs old when I played it in 2002, it maybe ugly and outdated by todays standards that is why it needs a reboot or a remake. There is a lot of charm and fun in the game

Reactions: arvfab

arvfab

Oldest Guard
23 Jun 2022
Proposals for Thread-name changes:

a) It's-a-me.... Astro
b) A Serious conTender foR gOty
c) A Bot bots can only dream of
d) 90+ reasons to port-beg
e) 300 shades of PlayStation

OP
OP
rofif

rofif

...owns a 3080...why?
24 Jun 2022
Proposals for Thread-name changes:

a) It's-a-me.... Astro
b) A Serious conTender foR gOty
c) A Bot bots can only dream of
d) 90+ reasons to port-beg
e) 300 shades of PlayStation
f) it's a me, kiss my ass.

I don't get b) ? STRO ?TRO? eriousconenderfogty? conenderfogty ? what

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
f) it's a me, kiss my ass.

I don't get b) ? STRO ?TRO? eriousconenderfogty? conenderfogty ? what
It's "Astro" bro. Come on

Also, if anything it should be "I am astro bot"

Got that song stuck in my head all day

Reactions: Kokoloko

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022

The partnership between Sony and Square seems to be collapsing? I always had a bad feeling about Takashi Kiryu.

Square-Enix-Microsoft-Takashi-Kiryu-Phil-Spencer.jpeg

Cant be about partnership, Crash and Spyro are basically in there
Spoilers but that sucks if true. How can you not have FF and KH for Playstation..

Reactions: Luffy123

BloodMod

Fear the Old Blood
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
The thread was renamed. If you don't like it, I can give you some time out to change your mind.

• Informative
Reactions: rofif
OP
OP
rofif

rofif

...owns a 3080...why?
24 Jun 2022
I peaked at some streamers playing it yesterday. Some started and finished it in one stream... in like 8 hours.
No secret levels, no face button challenge levels, getting like half of the bots. JUST RUSHING THROUGH.
Not a thought in their stupid brains.
yeah gaming is done if people have this bad attention span and they just do not see what's in front of them. Like she is looking at the bot count "2" without a thought in her mind saying "guess It's for later". Just press triangle wtf.
Other person have no idea they can jump jet kill most enemies... so they struggle and avoid the electric enemies... jesus fuck.
And they are not punching anything. Goes into a room with clearly wooden plank wall waiting to be punched (puzzle behind) and DOES NOTHING. "oh it's an empty room". wtf streamers are so dumb

I am 14h in, about 70-75% done. Collected everything I could up to this point. Stuff is pretty genuinely hidden to the point I am proud I found everything myself. Sometimes I had to go through the level again to find something. Love how the exploration rewards you. Even some places that almost feel not intended for you to be there, once you get there a small coin appears. Feels like devs saying "yeah good job you got here".
Even if you don't want to collect everything, why rush?! And like.. they hear the music but they are not listening to it. Why is your head not bobbing even slightly. monsters.

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
The partnership between Sony and Square seems to be collapsing?
No, it's just your wishes.

They just released the little exclusive Final Fantasy VII Rebirth a few months ago plus there's minimum the 3rd FFVII remake chapter coming. They have other exclusives like FFVII Remake, FFXIV, FFXVI, Valkyrie Elysium and the big new IPs they released this gen (Babylon's Fall, Forspoken and Foamstars, even if weren't big successes) plus many games that are on PS4/PS5 and Switch but not in Xbox. Some of these exclusives may be timed, when published elsewhere will mean that their timed exclusivity ended, not that their deal is collapsing.

They have over 150 cameo bots in the game with several dozen different IPs from Sony, Capcom, Activision, Bandai Namco, Sega, Konami, Koei Tecmo, Arc System Works, Oddworld Inhabitants, Mediatonic/Epic, Ember Lab, BlueTwelve, Polyarc, and maybe more.

The legal work to get all of them must have been a nightmare and a lot of work and money. And well, they had to save some popular ones for DLCs or sequels from these comanies and also others like EA, Take 2, SE, Ubisoft, THQ or Devolver (just to name a few) for DLCs or sequels.

There's even also many iconic Sony IPs that aren't in the game, if they decided to don't put it here and place 3rd party or minor IPs instead must be because they plan to add them later, post launch/in DLCs or in a sequel.

And well, before this game there were already SE cameos in Astro's Playroom.

Last edited:
  • haha
Reactions: MiyazakiLovesKojima