Astro Bot |OT| gotta love them all!

Luffy123

Veteran
16 Jul 2023

The partnership between Sony and Square seems to be collapsing? I always had a bad feeling about Takashi Kiryu.

Square-Enix-Microsoft-Takashi-Kiryu-Phil-Spencer.jpeg

Square will fuck up financially in the coming years

If all is well then Sony can pick them up at a cut price

Alabtrosmyster

Veteran
26 Jun 2022
I have a huge problem with this game.

Both my wife and daughters are demanding to play it by themselves. I'm getting kicked out of my own console and game.
Goddamit.
You will need to sacrifice some sleep to get time with the most important thing in your life now.

Entropi

Veteran
Icon Extra
22 Jan 2023
OK now I can safely say it is better than most 3D Mario games.

How this game got 94 and Odyssey got 97 is beyond me.

Well, the IGN reviewer openly admitted that they did not give Astro a 10 because it is not a Nintendo game.

Swolf712

Veteran
29 Jun 2022
Wisconsin, USA
And just one of the many reasons why we can see Sony Bend fired him after the game shipped and why the Studio wanted to move on from the IP... As he was extremely toxic and treated the team terribly.

At one point Sony had to intervene and send him to see a therapist.
Is there a source for that? Genuine question, as it's the first I've heard of it.

Reactions: Bryank75
OP
OP
rofif

rofif

...owns a 3080...why?
24 Jun 2022
jeebus it's incredible (just music, no gameplay, so no spoilers)

my favs so far. Just bobbing my head when playing

• fire
Reactions: Sircaw and Bryank75

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
Is there a source for that? Genuine question, as it's the first I've heard of it.
Yes, I believe he admitted himself that he went to courses or some type of management course to address how he interacted with staff.

We don't know exact details though.

Reactions: Entropi

Muddasar

Veteran
22 Jun 2022
Well, the IGN reviewer openly admitted that they did not give Astro a 10 because it is not a Nintendo game.

What a moron.

Why am I not surprised.

All the major sites have these guys.

Watch Edge Magazine give it an 8 cause not Nintendo.

• they're_right_you_know

FatKaz

Veteran
16 Jul 2022

The partnership between Sony and Square seems to be collapsing? I always had a bad feeling about Takashi Kiryu.

Square-Enix-Microsoft-Takashi-Kiryu-Phil-Spencer.jpeg

Maybe i'm reading too much into this as astros playroom did have the buster sword.

But SE has said they want to go more multiplat, i wonder if they are being dumb and just trying to go too far and even denying minor things like cameos like in astro bot.

What's funny about SE is going multiplat was never really the problem, they've just been putting out mediocre stuff for years.

Vision of mana did so amazing in sales going multiplat /s

Anyways back on topic.

That level were you can go mini in astro bot is my favourite, such a simple mechanic but incredibly fun.

Ico

Icon Extra
8 May 2024
got to play some more today, defeated the second boss and all

gotta say that im loving the gameplay loop, didn't play the thematic level after the second boss, but oh boy, that one after the first boss made me crazy, it made me wish that astro got a second team to develop some old classic IP sequels as they continue making astro with their main team

but back on the game, i love a good collectathon, so i'm having a blast with the gatchapon thingy to spice up the bots on the hub, im addicted!!

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022

I love Odyssey but agree.

This is a better, less annoying version of Galaxy for me. Galaxy is an amazing game, finished it but Im not a fan at all, probably my least favourite 3D Mario.

Playstation tax.

This. Its always this. PS games have to go above to get 90’s. I love Odyssey but its not a 97 when this is a 94

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Maybe i'm reading too much into this as astros playroom did have the buster sword.

But SE has said they want to go more multiplat, i wonder if they are being dumb and just trying to go too far and even denying minor things like cameos like in astro bot.

What's funny about SE is going multiplat was never really the problem, they've just been putting out mediocre stuff for years.

Vision of mana did so amazing in sales going multiplat /s

Anyways back on topic.

That level were you can go mini in astro bot is my favourite, such a simple mechanic but incredibly fun.

Whatever the reason its weird not to have Cloud and Kingdom Hearts Characters. The game basically celebrated everyone apart from one of the biggest pushers of PS1 which was FF7

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
SE being the biggest loser since all these legacy characters are now all over social media and being rediscovered by a new generation. But sounds about right for that company.

• they're_right_you_know

Swolf712

Veteran
29 Jun 2022
Wisconsin, USA
SE being the biggest loser since all these legacy characters are now all over social media and being rediscovered by a new generation. But sounds about right for that company.
It's just so weird to me that characters owned by Xbox, their DIRECT COMPETITOR, were allowed to be in the game, but so far it looks like no SE characters were.

Reactions: Bryank75 and Danja

BLAZE

20 Feb 2024

I wonder how FromSoftware gets 95+ on their games but Black Myth Wukong, which is superior in almost everything, gets 80

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Muddasar