Astro Bot Releases September 2024 | State of Play

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
If this gets nominated for Game of the Year at the Game Awards, bots are going to be hating on an entire genre. :ROFLMAO:
If it's bigger and better than the last game it sure should be a contender for the GOTY.

The last one to me, despite being short was more interesting than plenty of Mario games I see getting awards.

• Shake
Reactions: 2spooky5me

Ico

Icon Extra
8 May 2024
This legitimately looks more inventive and impressive than anything Nintendo's done for Mario in years.

no need to put two kings agaisnt each other tho, i see a lot of similarities between the astro games and odyssey, and its a good thing, since odyssey was a strong candidate to goty sometime ago

Ico

Icon Extra
8 May 2024
I didn't like Odyssey at all.
i see, astro will be a tough sell to you then, you can pinpoint a lot of astro mechanics and designs from odyssey, as they have become standard since then

Ico

Icon Extra
8 May 2024
It's okay, not everybody needs to like good games and there are many people playing bad games like Fallout.

Taste is always subjective.
i have the suspicion that this subjective taste would be a lot different if mario wore a blue hat if you know what i mean lmao

• thinking_hard
Reactions: Cool hand luke

voke

Veteran
10 Jan 2023
What if I told you I thought both were very disappointing?
Odyssey was just ok. Galaxy and its sequel are miles and miles better IMO, I’d even put 3D world over it.

That being said, Astro VR is one of the best games I have ever played, and I think this will rival some of Nintendos best.

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
The amount of positive headlines and reactions this game is getting. I hope they realize they should lean more into this stuff. I'm curious just how many more legacy characters are in the game.

I admire Asobi for always paying homage to the legacy of PlayStation. Hopefully this game will inspire Sony to appreciate its own legacy more.

So much potential for cross promotional marketing leading up to this game. I hope they price it correct... $50 and you have a winner Sony... No need for price cuts for the rest of the gen.

They can definitely try to reach an audience, they have abandoned. I hope they push this in Japan too.

Last edited: