Astro Bot | Review Thread

What scores do you think Astro Bot will get?

• 60-65%

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 66-69%

• 70-74%

• 75-79%

• 80-84%

Votes: 2 5.9%
  • 85-89%

Votes: 6 17.6%
  • 90-94%

Votes: 22 64.7%
  • 95-100%

Votes: 4 11.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Men_in_Boxes

18 Aug 2024
peow7-judge-judy.gif

• Cerny
Reactions: The Icon

Petekilla

Veteran
16 Jun 2023
if we're talking about every game being guaranteed hits, rockstar treyarch naughty dog mihoyo cdpr fromsoft insomniac nintendo and possibly blizzard (they've suffered a lot of reputational damage in the past decade). i don't think larian is there yet but they could get there. asobi is definitely also on the shortlist but they need more of a resume
SSM has to be there. I know people like to forget them, because they’re just the GOW studio and they have a boring name. But outside of Ascension, they never missed with GOW. Every GOW game they made from the A team of that studio, was a 92-94 Meta.

voke

Veteran
10 Jan 2023
SSM has to be there. I know people like to forget them, because they’re just the GOW studio and they have a boring name. But outside of Ascension, they never missed with GOW. Every GOW game they made from the A team of that studio, was a 92-94 Meta.
Ascension wasn't a miss either. Just happened to not wow the critics. They're practically on a flawless run

• Shake
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

Infinity

Veteran
18 Nov 2023
@Infinity Of course you laughed at my comment. I’m sure you’re feeling the salt right now. Also your Astro Metacritic was wrong. Lol
Because you said team asobi is one of the best studios in the world lmao. Fanboyism. I get it, you adore PlayStation, but relax with the hyperboles.

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
Yeah Remedy. Nintendo doesn’t really have a singular studio, so I didn’t put them. Everything they do is in house. Like Capcom. But you can put the, if you want.
Rockstar, Larian and Insomniac have multiple internal studios working on their games.

In addition to this their games, like most of the AAA and AA games, including Nintendo and Capcom, hire multiple external support / outsourcing teams. Which in some cases for Nintendo and Capcom, one of these external studios sometimes are even the lead studio of the game.

Yobo

Veteran
29 Jun 2022
Wild that in a "slow" year Sony will have managed to get exclusives / time exclusives for

Helldivers 2 - a massive GAAS that blew up and became their fastest selling game ever
Astrobot - about to kick down the doors of the GOTY awards
Stellar Blade - a surprisingly great action game
Wukong - the biggest single player game of the year (sales wise)
FF7 Rebirth - one of the best RPGs in years and definitely the best Square Enix game

Sometimes we don't see the forest for the trees. There's not much announced next year with the way Sony markets now but I expect again for Sony to have a major year in 2025. DS2 leading the way, the main place to play GTA6, and surely at least one of the major 1P studios comes out of hibernation for another GOTY run

saltyashell

11 Feb 2024
Wild that in a "slow" year Sony will have managed to get exclusives / time exclusives for

Helldivers 2 - a massive GAAS that blew up and became their fastest selling game ever
Astrobot - about to kick down the doors of the GOTY awards
Stellar Blade - a surprisingly great action game
Wukong - the biggest single player game of the year (sales wise)
FF7 Rebirth - one of the best RPGs in years and definitely the best Square Enix game

Sometimes we don't see the forest for the trees. There's not much announced next year with the way Sony markets now but I expect again for Sony to have a major year in 2025. DS2 leading the way, the main place to play GTA6, and surely at least one of the major 1P studios comes out of hibernation for another GOTY run

I remember how Xbots and "neutrals" like Jim park were proclaiming 2024 to be Xbox's year, meanwhile the only game they released was Hellblade 2

Entropi

Veteran
Icon Extra
22 Jan 2023
I remember how Xbots and "neutrals" like Jim park were proclaiming 2024 to be Xbox's year, meanwhile the only game they released was Hellblade 2

I feel like I’ve been hearing, “This is the the year of Xbox” every year since 2014.