Astro Bot | Review Thread

What scores do you think Astro Bot will get?

• 60-65%

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 66-69%

• 70-74%

• 75-79%

• 80-84%

Votes: 2 5.9%
  • 85-89%

Votes: 6 17.6%
  • 90-94%

Votes: 22 64.7%
  • 95-100%

Votes: 4 11.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Evilnemesis8

Veteran
19 Dec 2023
you're 100% right, FF7 and Astro will have a big fight at the end of the year! I'm curious to see if Wukong will even be nominated, FF16 last year scored even higher than Wukong and was fogotten at the end, but the player hype might influence the outcome

Looking at the initial salvo of reviews and most especially, what the same critics have to say about the game on Twitter, it would seem Astrobot is firmly in the lead just based on vibes. Sometimes an "objective" critical score doesn't tell the whole story in terms of how pleasant the experience was.

Why didn’t he add Helldivers to that list? Also him putting that Stellar Blade user score. Lol

He's got a checkmark, Stellar Blade probably gets more discussion going than Helldivers 2 when it comes to twitter.
It's all engagement bait on that platform at this point in time.

As much as loved rebirth, I think astro takes GOTY.

I think that the language being used by critics is telling us that even if the games are quite close in score, they're much more enamoured with AstroBot than Rebirth.

Ico

Icon Extra
8 May 2024
on the hype thread i said i was probably playing it after 2 days after the release, but i might stay up until later tonight to play at least 2 hours of this, even tho i shouldnt bc i have a super busy day tomorrow

31914878607_25f295492a_o.gif

Airbus

Veteran
Icon Extra
30 Jun 2022
Its funny how jim ryan downsize japan studios in favor of live service and in the end concord just died after a few days while this game is at 94 at metacritic. Just show out of touch that guy is with reality

FatKaz

Veteran
16 Jul 2022
Its funny how jim ryan downsize japan studios in favor of live service and in the end concord just died after a few days while this game is at 94 at metacritic. Just show out of touch that guy is with reality
Out of touch? This game was greenlit under Jim ryans tenure.

Asobi delivered multiple hits whilst Japan studio spent it's last years fumbling around delivering mediocre games.

Airbus

Veteran
Icon Extra
30 Jun 2022
Out of touch? This game was greenlit under Jim ryans tenure.

Asobi delivered multiple hits whilst Japan studio spent it's last years fumbling around delivering mediocre games.
Theyre merged with asobi now esentially majority asobi consist of those guys

Japan studio made ico, shadow of colosus, the last guardian, demon souls etc albeit not a big seller those are legendary games, when you said mediocre shows how out of touch you are with playstation legacy

Last edited:

FatKaz

Veteran
16 Jul 2022

Japan studio made ico, shadow of colosus and the last guardian albeit not a big seller those are legendary games, when you said mediocre shows how out of touch you are with playstation legacy
Uhm what did they make in their last years before being shutdown?

You don't keep studios as they are based on past success if they are failing to produce for years after.

Seems like the restructure did them well, and Jim Ryan may have had a hand in that 🤷

Airbus

Veteran
Icon Extra
30 Jun 2022
Uhm what did they make in their last years before being shutdown?

You don't keep studios as they are based on past success if they are failing to produce for years after.

Seems like the restructure did them well, and Jim Ryan may have had a hand in that 🤷
Nah jim ryan done shit and the worst thing happened to playstation by far

Almost ruined the entire company with gaas, pc port, his useless third party deal with bungie etc

Glad the guy finally feck off and we will never see him again

Last edited:

Entropi

Veteran
Icon Extra
22 Jan 2023

Japan studio made ico, shadow of colosus and the last guardian, demon souls etc albeit not a big seller those are legendary games, when you said mediocre shows how out of touch you are with playstation legacy

Fumito Ueda left Sony before finishing TlG. Then, Japan Studio wasn’t at their best, but in the end, they were consolidated to Team Asobi. I fail to see what Jim Ryan did wrong here given how things turned up today.

Last edited:

CrackmanNL

4 Apr 2024
Team Asobi officially cemented! Congrats Astro will be GOTY, they got a studio that can rival Nintendo in its genre!

Yep Jim Ryan turned the struggling Japan Studios into a GOTY studio!
Astrobot, Helldivers 2 & FF7 Rebirth (unfortunate for Square not getting GOTY) are gonna be all over the Game Awards.
On top of that Wukong, Stellar Blade & Animal Well (on +) and I have faith in Silent Hill 2 joining.
Absolute domination for PS5.

Entropi

Veteran
Icon Extra
22 Jan 2023
Team Asobi officially cemented! Congrats Astro will be GOTY, they got a studio that can rival Nintendo in its genre!

Yep Jim Ryan turned the struggling Japan Studios into a GOTY studio!
Astrobot, Helldivers 2 & FF7 Rebirth (unfortunate for Square not getting GOTY) are gonna be all over the Game Awards.
On top of that Wukong, Stellar Blade & Animal Well (on +) and I have faith in Silent Hill 2 joining.
Absolute domination for PS5.

And people still let social media grifters convince them that Playstayion is in shambles.

Last edited: