Baldur's Gate 3 is coming to Xbox this year without split-screen coop on the Series S

ultimateFF

Veteran
29 Jun 2023
LMFAO 😂 goddamn phil why you are so idiot, always shoot yourself in the foot 🤣. And thanks to this news, I've already seen series s and series x owners trying to kill each other, while series s owners demanding phil head lol 😂.

Zeno

28 Jun 2023
I knew that it was just a matter of time until Xbox caved in and adjusted the parity clause.
You can’t defend a critically acclaimed games with 97 Metacritic not coming to your flagship console because of the Series S.

To be honest I actually liked the Series S, nice price point, marketed as an ideal entry for people who want to enjoy next gen games without the need to have 4K 60fps.

What rubs me wrong are the false promises in that regard. I don’t see Xbox doing these two console variants again in the next generation.

• brain
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

flaccidsnake

Veteran
2 May 2023
I love split screen but really who uses it for a game like Buldars Gate? They should of cancelled it before tbh
Larian have always been big split screen supporters. They're the rare PC dev who puts it in all their games. I'm pretty sure this announcement required a policy change on MS' part, not Larian's.

AllBizness

Veteran
22 Jul 2023
This is solid news. Decent precedent going forward for Series S parity. MS should make sure they have games coming that actually do support local MP on the S tho, because that's a major draw for casual players.
Casuals do not want the S, the biggest lie in gaming right now is that the Seires S is a desirable console. Only rabid fanboys bought the thing, the Series X is the desired console and outsells the Series S whenever in stock. Even more so now that the world knows Series S is a handicapped console and wont have feature parity with a lot of games. Even the used Series S has disappeared from the Amazon top 100. Word is out that its trash.

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Larian have always been big split screen supporters. They're the rare PC dev who puts it in all their games. I'm pretty sure this announcement required a policy change on MS' part, not Larian's.

Good on Larian. Growing up, me or my friends barely used split screen for PC. Console was our multiplayer platform. Nes to PS2 generation etc.
But that sucks for the fans I guess and Larian. Most the old school fans will be on PC I guess though