Baldur’s Gate 3 Launches To Massive Concurrent Steam Players Numbers

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
Just broke 150k.

No idea what to expect from this on steam. This should be fun

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
I want to play it so bad but I'll only be able to start it on the second week of September. :cry:

I know this will consume my time so I need to time it right.

• Shake
Reactions: Sloane_Ranger

John Elden Ring

The Thread Maker
Content Creator
5 Jul 2022
United States
Baldurs-Gate-3-Astarion-companion.jpg

Just overthree hours after its launch, the game recorded a player count that leaves its previous record of 73,980 players three years ago in the dust, according to Steam.db.

Baldur’s Gate 3 was anticipated by fans of the RPG genre for a while. Larian Studios has packed hundreds of hours of content in the game, and these offerings have been refined over three years of early access.

With the game finally leaving early access today, expectations were high for Larian Studios’ latest work. To nobody’s surprise, Baldur’s Gate 3 has been an extremely popular launch, but it has also shattered all expectations.

Less than three hours after launch, the game has reached over 326K concurrent players on Steam.
qwMda3F.png

Why it matters
: This puts the game ahead of major 2023 releases like Remnant 2 and Resident Evil 4 Remake, making it a massive success for Larian Studios.

In terms of reception, Baldur’s Gate 3 has overwhelmingly positive reviews on Steam. Over 90% of the 70K reviews on the platform are positive. Moreover, users who have not bought the game yet are engaged with the gameplay, with over 463K viewers on Twitch.

• Surprised
Reactions: Gods&Monsters
D

Deleted member 782

They have a good shot at 7–10 million units sold ltd on Steam alone.

Reactions: Bryank75

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
It's live already 😲

I have to delete the early access and download it on GOG Galaxy.

Dabaus

Veteran
28 Jun 2022
J-J- Just wait til Starfield. The biggest, most ambitious game of all time. Hold the line!

flaccidsnake

Veteran
2 May 2023
Larian is going places. The first hour shows a crazy leap up from the Divinity games, which were already excellent.

Reactions: Kokoloko

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Of couse it should.

It is basically The RPG based in DnD that everybody loves... the first two games are considered one if not the best RPGs ever created.

flaccidsnake

Veteran
2 May 2023
I was told Rift Apart flopped because it was 2 year old game selling for $60.....meanwhile Baldur's Gate 3 is a 3 year old $60 game that's selling gangbusters 🤔
you also pounced on flimsy evidence that it flopped in the first place. who knows where it'll be 3 years from now!

KnittedKnight

Gaming Sage
Icon Extra
13 Jul 2022
I have till mid Sept to plat Diablo and catch up on some backlog before this hits. The Year of RPGs for sure.

Digital only is a massive vomit.....we'll see.

Last edited:

JAHGamer

Veteran
8 May 2023
you also pounced on flimsy evidence that it flopped in the first place. who knows where it'll be 3 years from now!
I didn't pounce on anything, it's an easy observation to make. This isn't gonna sell more than 100k lifetime on PC lol