Baldur’s Gate 3 Launches To Massive Concurrent Steam Players Numbers

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022

This game gone crazy bear sex now full frontal nudity in character customization wtf was the developer thinking

I got the pre-made Gale character and I didn't even think of looking under his robe. Is he packing 👀

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
playing crpg with controller

Season 4 Michael GIF by The Office
There is specific UI for controller... works pretty well... modern games have no more issues with UI designed for KB/M because they already are build to work on controller too.

I guess most PC players uses Controller instead KB/M today.

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
Up to 600k now.. wait till tomorrow when people are off work!
I hope this will challenge for a mil concurrent. No mtx in an AAA game, no performance killing DRM, single player with free coop and couch coop, no battlepasses or any cosmetics or paid unlocks... deserves all the success in the world. Oh. On top of being an excellent game

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
I hope this will challenge for a mil concurrent. No mtx in an AAA game, no performance killing DRM, single player with free coop and couch coop, no battlepasses or any cosmetics or paid unlocks... deserves all the success in the world. Oh. On top of being an excellent game
It had a full price early access for 3 years where they made tons of money already. Is that really better than some extra DLC on release? 🤔

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
It had a full price early access for 3 years where they made tons of money already. Is that really better than some extra DLC on release? 🤔
Yes, because early access for money is fine? It's not like they made people re-buy it...you literally got a chance to play dev builds

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
I'm very happy for their big success selling millions of copies, way more than the previous entries, and being critically acclaimed both for the users and the gaming media.

I have some friends who worked on it, including the head of their local dev studio. I feel so proud of them. Let's hope the console versions also end being that successful :)

Last edited:

nongkris

Veteran
14 Feb 2023
sony flubbed by letting this release so much earlier on PC. this game and modded starfield are a big W for PC players.

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
sony flubbed by letting this release so much earlier on PC. this game and modded starfield are a big W for PC players.
It's a Larian game, not a Sony game.

Larian, as both the publisher and developer, decides where and when they release their games. Not Sony.

They have a history of being a PC focused publisher, in fact as I remember 10 years ago they only had 1 of their games in console and was a Xbox console exclusive. Since then the rest of their most recent games were full multi. So their priority I assume is PC, not a console.

And well, Sony has several other way better selling (on console at least) RPGs console exclusives as could be the recent FFXVI, the upcoming FFVII Rebirth or the Sony published ones, to name a few of them. Then Sony also has many RPGs that aren't exclusives but aren't released in either Switch or Xbox, and many other multiplatform RPGs.

Sony has the RPG genre more than well covered: they have the console with the biggest amount of RPGs including most of the top ones. So to sign another RPG exclusive like like this one, which pretty likely won't sell many millions in console, maybe isn't a priority for them because they already have this genre very well served and they maybe have prefered to focus on improving their presence in other top genres where they aren't that big.

Last edited:

Frozone

Banned
11 Aug 2022
I'm very happy for their big success selling millions of copies, way more than the previous entries, and being critically acclaimed both for the users and the gaming media.

I have some friends who worked on it, including the head of their local dev studio. I feel so proud of them. Let's hope the console versions also end being that successful :)
Now it just needs to take GOTY instead of Zelda and we'll have a legend on our hands.

I do so hope that no big company will try to buy them. We already saw how BioWare ended up.

historia

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Jun 2023

I hope they change the controller control a little bit.