Baldur’s Gate 3 Launches To Massive Concurrent Steam Players Numbers

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
I was told Rift Apart flopped because it was 2 year old game selling for $60.....meanwhile Baldur's Gate 3 is a 3 year old $60 game that's selling gangbusters 🤔
Well it is not a 3 years old game at all.
It released today.
Before today you had a early access (alpha).
There are so much more in the game released today than the what you had with the early access.

More acts (+2)
More regions
More races (+2)
More classes (+1)
More sub-classes (+22)
More origin character (+1)
More spells (+51)
Level cap increased from 5 to 12.
Act 1 was completely remade (Act 1 was the only act available in early access)

BTW even if you played the Early Access you have to start all over again… they are different games.

Edit - Think like Baldur’s Gare 3 early access being a demo like REVII demo that it is not exactly what you will play in the final game… different from FFXVI demo that is exactly what you will play in the final game.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: flaccidsnake

Remij

Banned
10 Jul 2022
Great numbers. Game is much improved since the early access build, so I'm alright with having to start over completely again. Perfect timing with the long weekend 😊

• Shake
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

JAHGamer

Veteran
8 May 2023
Well it is not a 3 years old game at all.
It released today.
Before today you had a early access (alpha).
There are so much more in the game released today than the what you had with the early access.

More acts (+2)
More regions
More races (+2)
More classes (+1)
More sub-classes (+22)
More origin character (+1)
More spells (+51)
Level cap increased from 5 to 12.
Act 1 was completely remade (Act 1 was the only act available in early access)

BTW even if you played the Early Access you have to start all over again… they are different games.

Edit - Think like Baldur’s Gare 3 early access being a demo like REVII demo that it is not exactly what you will play in the final game… different from FFXVI demo that is exactly what you will play in the final game.
regardless, its still not as NEW of a game to PC players as Rift Apart is

Remij

Banned
10 Jul 2022
They were smart to change up enough stuff from the early access (as well as adding a bunch of new shit) to get everyone to have to start over again. Getting all those people playing the game again concurrently is amazing for marketing and word of mouth.

The game is truly great from what I've played in EA and now the retail version so far. Even feels good on a controller as well.

The game is obviously going to be a massive hit on PC.. I mean it already was before it even fully released... but these numbers are very impressive already. I wonder how it will do on PS5 next month?

• fire

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
Something odd here... the game is on GoG and can be easily pirated, how come it is selling that much? And at full price on top? Its like truly great games with replay value and depth (not to confused with good looking games fueled up by the hype machine) end up selling well on PC?
Rift apart didn't flop because it has no replay value or depth. It flopped because Sony 1st party has no pedigree on PC like Larian/Baldurs Gate does, and it cost $60. If Sony got its head out of its ass and charged $40 for old ports until they built up their name brand they would be able to sell the sequels to these games at $60 (although Rift Apart in particular isn't a genre that does particularly well on PC)

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Something odd here... the game is on GoG and can be easily pirated, how come it is selling that much? And at full price on top? Its like truly great games with replay value and depth (not to confused with good looking games fueled up by the hype machine) end up selling well on PC?
It's a CRPG, the one genre that sells the best on PC and it's also from a legendary PC series.

Basically every other game flops on PC then? BG3 is literally in the top 5 ever on Steam 🙄

• haha
Reactions: JAHGamer

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
I think he was being sarcastic...
Read between the lines. He was obviously comparing it with the low sales of Ratchet and other PS exclusives. Nice graphics but bad gameplay. It was just missing the cinematic walkie-talkie in the forest.

Btw, anyone is able to play with Dualsense on PC with Rumble and the Playstation button prompts? I'm playing on Steam (non-steam gog version) and I get no rumble unless I activate Steam Input but then in the game it's showing the Xbox controller 💀

Last edited:

flaccidsnake

Veteran
2 May 2023
Btw, anyone is able to play with Dualsense on PC with Rumble and the Playstation button prompts? I'm playing on Steam (non-steam gog version) and I get no rumble unless I activate Steam Input but then in the game it's showing the Xbox controller 💀

Yes I noticed this too, with the Steam version. I was hoping they might have advanced haptics in there, but instead it's no haptics. I'll probably just tolerate the wrong button prompts to get Xinput rumble. Good on them for detecting the PlayStation controller at least. Valve might need to improve PS controller reporting because you also lose useful features like Guide+stick mouse movement when you disable Steam Input on a game.

• sad

Satoru

Limitless
Founder
20 Jun 2022
Steam, in big picture mode, allows for the changing of how the controller is represented. Can't remember if it's in a per game basis or a global setting, but it's there

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
Read between the lines. He was obviously comparing it with the low sales of Ratchet and other PS exclusives. Nice graphics but bad gameplay. It was just missing the cinematic walkie-talkie in the forest.

playing crpg with controller

Season 4 Michael GIF by The Office

• sad

KnittedKnight

Gaming Sage
Icon Extra
13 Jul 2022
playing crpg with controller

Season 4 Michael GIF by The Office
The game was already built with a controller in mind if it ships on PS5/Series, not a keyboard. Imagine the operation backwards, making the game with keyboard in mind, then trying to truncate actions to a controller - a mess. Can you even make something like WoW or Runescape work on consoles? Sure but, that combat system will need some tweaks, otherwise you have a massive mess. You got to design the game with a controller in mind out the gate if you release on consoles. The thing that RPGs struggle with the most that is noticeable on consoles is the UI button prompt actions and the font scaling (usually less than ideal to put it mildly).

Last edited:

Satoru

Limitless
Founder
20 Jun 2022
My gf is trying to get me to play this... Going to try it this weekend from her account.

Airbus

Veteran
30 Jun 2022

This game gone crazy bear sex now full frontal nudity in character customization wtf was the developer thinking

Last edited:
  • Surprised