Baldur's Gate III | Review Thread

JAHGamer

Veteran
8 May 2023
I played about an hour tonight. It's actually really fucking good. Like, I was actually surprised how good. The graphics are current gen (obviously not as good as sony games but they're pretty decent), and the amount of options you have even in the tutorial level are IMMENSE. I got the feeling that every choice I was making was impactful on the story. If this holds up for the rest of the game Larian have created a game that might go down as an all-timer. I'm actually really surprised as this game was kind of dropping below the radar for me even a month ago (like I knew about it, had seen parts of it, hell I played a bit of early access a long long time ago). But now I'm really looking forward to this weekend.
I’m playing now, I just passed the part where you stop the goblin invasion and the gate closes. Shortly after meeting Gale and Wyll. I know it’s early but is that the introduction level or is there more?

Danja1187

Veteran
10 Mar 2023
They should definitely market the hell out of it, more than they already have

In another reality they probably paid out the ass to have it console exclusive
They can still do a bundle now it's not too late to send retailers the memo since it will be too late to get the actual bundle manufactured through distribution chains. And start aligning the game to PS5. But Playstation is always slow to react when the iron is hot.

Remember_Spinal

Ah, my back!
23 Jun 2022
They can still do a bundle now it's not too late to send retailers the memo since it will be too late to get the actual bundle manufactured through distribution chains. And start aligning the game to PS5. But Playstation is always slow to react when the iron is hot.

Does the game even ahve physical copies?

PlacidusaX

Veteran
24 Oct 2022
Not enough impressions and reviews yet to see if it's a purchase on the best platform in September...

Am watching for sure.

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
Not enough impressions and reviews yet to see if it's a purchase on the best platform in September...

Am watching for sure.

A bit early for accurate reviews aside from maybe those who spent time extensively in early access. Huge game with a shit ton of quests and content. Just not realistic

However, impressions are positive from players and that’s most important (gamespress is bought and paid for).

With that said, a handful of reviews is not a bad sign. Not sending out final review copies or waiting till release is ideal IMO since it’s generally more honest… publications are waiting to beat each other by posting 20 hour impressions and pretending they’re reviews.

Looks like a labor of love. I expect PS5 version to be well optimized. Then again I thought the same for FF16 but it looked and ran like shit.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
A bit early for accurate reviews aside from maybe those who spent time extensively in early access. Huge game with a shit ton of quests and content. Just not realistic

However, impressions are positive from players and that’s most important (gamespress is bought and paid for).

With that said, a handful of reviews is not a bad sign. Not sending out final review copies or waiting till release is ideal IMO since it’s generally more honest… publications are waiting to beat each other by posting 20 hour impressions and pretending they’re reviews.

Looks like a labor of love. I expect PS5 version to be well optimized. Then again I thought the same for FF16 but it looked and ran like shit.
I believe when PS5 releases there will be a lot to of reviews for that version… after all there are more console specifics sites than PC specific.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Frozone

Frozone

Banned
11 Aug 2022
What a masterpiece guys!

P6oDSUg.png

Remember_Spinal

Ah, my back!
23 Jun 2022
If the industry knows whats good for it they will make it this years Elden Ring so we get more of this and don’t just throw another bone to zelda for being more zelda, which is good but let a new studio and game get shine.

It bothers me so much when people decide the GOTY before the year even begins.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
If the industry knows whats good for it they will make it this years Elden Ring so we get more of this and don’t just throw another bone to zelda for being more zelda, which is good but let a new studio and game get shine.

It bothers me so much when people decide the GOTY before the year even begins.
Imagine a turn-based game winning most GOTY.

Haters will go crazy 🔥

Reactions: Remember_Spinal