Baldur's Gate III | Review Thread

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
The game is good but I'm worried the industry will shower it with awards and everything else will be forgotten. The fanboys will go crazy and attack everyone like they did with Elden Ring.

GOW and Horizon FW took a lot of potshots just because they were released the same year.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
The game is good but I'm worried the industry will shower it with awards and everything else will be forgotten. The fanboys will go crazy and attack everyone like they did with Elden Ring.

GOW and Horizon FW took a lot of potshots just because they were released the same year.
Not sure… nobody forgot Baldur Gate or Badur Gate II yet even decades after release.

historia

Veteran
29 Jun 2023
I still think Zelda gonna win the TGS award, journolists love Zelda, especially the Switch open worlds one

Remember_Spinal

Ah, my back!
23 Jun 2022

The alternative is we get another boring Game Awards where the biggest games predicted last year just walk away with all the awards. Everyone was set on it being a battle of Zelda and Starfield and now it looks like a new entry entirely can steal the shine, which would be dope to me and it would in turn boost PS5 sales.

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023

GoW Ragnarok was a bit disappointing looking back, definitely not nearly as impactfull as the 2018 game.

While Elden Ring ain't my favorite FromSoftware game it had a huge industry impact and was a bigger change to their formula than Ragnarok was compared to the 2018 game.

Darth Vader

I find your lack of faith disturbing
Founder
20 Jun 2022
GoW Ragnarok was a bit disappointing looking back, definitely not nearly as impactfull as the 2018 game.

While Elden Ring ain't my favorite FromSoftware game it had a huge industry impact and was a bigger change to their formula than Ragnarok was compared to the 2018 game.

Come On Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

ethomaz

Rebolation!
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Is that even a controversial take? 2018 game was a lot fresher and more focused.

Ragnarok has it's moments but it sort of fizzles out.
Itis not controversial at all... 2018 impact was much bigger than Ragnarok that feels more of the same.
That doesn't mean that people can't love it btw.

But for some it will feel like a big disapointment... I shared that disapointment playing it day one.

Plus it was the first time I saw Santa Monica not pushing the new hardware... instead they choose to matain the same engine made for PS4.

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
fizzles out? the ending is incredible, and it has a generous post-credits epilogue
I definitely disagree. It's a good game but the ending was disappointing to me, felt rushed as if they were in a hurry to move on from Nordic mythology or even the GoW IP.

Reactions: ethomaz

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
it's like an 80 hour game
And? Even more reason why the ending felt rushed and small compared to the size of the gaming.

I think the ending it what gives the impression that the game is less than the sum of it's part.

More ambitious boss battles were also sorely missed, their take on giants didn't work very well. FFXVI showed how that is done.

Reactions: ethomaz

ethomaz

Rebolation!
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
fizzles out? the ending is incredible, and it has a generous post-credits epilogue
The ending had barely a sequel of events... the bosses was just low level effort (Thor and Odin).
It was a widespreaded issue with the final part of the game... everybody called out how Thor and Odin battle sequence was an anti-climax when it should be the highest point of the game 🤷‍♂️

The ending sequences of Ragnarok should be no less than Epic.

I definitely disagree. It's a good game but the ending was disappointing to me, felt rushed as if they were in a hurry to move on from Nordic mythology or even the GoW IP.
They missed a lot of potential there... it was really one of the anti-climax in the game.

Reactions: Nhomnhom

FatKaz

Veteran
16 Jul 2022
Discussion on kinda funny about baldurs gate 3.

Destin desperately wants MS to get it into the xbox ecosystem. Why would larian put such a successful game on pc gamepass/xcloud?

Last edited: