Best Buy Exiting the Physical Media Biz (not games) in 2024 (Online & In-Store) & Walmart has begun removing physical games. Selling for 3 cents.

D

Deleted member 223

As a Switch fan I find the opposite to be true. Small publishers that cater to the hardcore crowd splurge on full-sized cards when necessary while big publishers like Ubisoft, Embracer, BandaiNamco and Take 2 do not and often require the big white "fuck you" full game download required warning across the case's front. Including for "easy" shit like 360 ports and compilations.
You may be right and I have that relationship wrong, in this case in practice instead of what a rational theory would suggest. Cause no theory ever gets in the way of big corps reeling a slow, and big middle finger into a consumers ass -- all about fattening the bottom-line, one cent at a time.

• haha
Reactions: Gamernyc78
OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
You may be right and I have that relationship wrong in practice instead of theory. Cause no theory ever gets in the way of big corps reeling a slow, and big middle finger into a consumers ass. All about fattening the bottomline, one cent at a time.
"finger into a consumers ass"

You freak! 😂💦

• haha
Reactions: Deleted member 223

historia

Veteran
29 Jun 2023
"finger into a consumers ass"

You freak! 😂💦
mountain GIF

KiryuRealty

Cambridge Dictionary High Priest of Grammar
28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.
Last time I went into a Best Buy, the game section was a six foot wide rack for all three consoles, so here in Canada, they have pretty much already left the physical space for games.

Their movie section wasn’t much better.

Dabaus

Veteran
28 Jun 2022

I said when Sony spiked the price of the digital slim but kept the price of the disc one the same that they probably are pushing the disc version to stay in retailers good graces. If Xbox goes all digital wouldn’t be surprised if GameStop and other retailers drop the brand completely.

Banana

10 Jan 2023
Could Sony continue with a physical option? What do you think will happen in their case?

I'd love them to have something like Nintendo but the size of games on PS might make that impossible. But wouldn't it help with loading?
Lmao. N64 had it right.

Say1nMan

Veteran
28 Jul 2023
Most of the big supermarkets where I lived have shrink their DVD/Blu-ray/4K severely within a short period of years. Best Buy following suit is no surprise. I guess Amazon will be the go to place now for this stuff for those that still crave physical movies.

Reactions: Gamernyc78
OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Most of the big supermarkets where I lived have shrink their DVD/Blu-ray/4K severely within a short period of years. Best Buy following suit is no surprise. I guess Amazon will be the go to place now for this stuff for those that still crave physical movies.
At least bestbuy will still sell games.

KiryuRealty

Cambridge Dictionary High Priest of Grammar
28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.
At least bestbuy will still sell games.
Not with the barren shelves in most of their stores lately.

Last time I was in a Best Buy, there were literally about a dozen games on the shelves in the tiny section left for games.

Not a dozen titles, mind you, but a dozen units across a handful of titles.

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Not with the barren shelves in most of their stores lately.

Last time I was in a Best Buy, there were literally about a dozen games on the shelves in the tiny section left for games.

Not a dozen titles, mind you, but a dozen units across a handful of titles.
I rarely go to stores nowadays I'm talking about online. Between them and target they have good deals at times.

Zzero

Major Tom
9 Jan 2023
Is he misinterpreting that article to say that Best Buy is done with physical games? Because I am pretty sure it isn't.

Big if true that Walmart ditches Xbox physical. I know their physical sales are dismal but surely pleb trash like Madden and CoD still moves enough units to stay on the shelf, right? Shit like Switch shovelware can make it so I would be shocked if they don't keep at least one rack of best sellers for Xbox.

Snes nes

Banned
4 Aug 2023
They already trimmed down the gaming section at my local Walmart. Really would miss going to the store to get a video game But we’re headed that way.

Reactions: Diah and toadsage44