Best Buy Exiting the Physical Media Biz (not games) in 2024 (Online & In-Store) & Walmart has begun removing physical games. Selling for 3 cents.

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
Sony and Nintendo have BIG physical sales here in Brazil, Xbox also had for multiplatform games that are not on gamepass, they're trying to force people to go digital/cloud only, once they achieve this, they'll have full control over ownership

I love the feeling of getting into any store here in Brazil and having the impression that Xbox doesn't exist.

No physical media just means no presence on stores, retailers stop giving a shit about trying to move your consoles, you alienate a sizable part of your audience and you get all this negative momentum.

JAHGamer

Banned
8 May 2023
Wtf? Sega isn't doing physical copies of yakuza and p3r in japan?? Are the fucking stupid or what
Where did you see this?

Edit - I looked it up and there is a physical release for both Yakuza 8 and P3R in Japan. Sega isn't that dumb

Yakuza - 龍が如く8
P3R - ペルソナ3リーロド

Last edited:

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
I buy physically for most games. I only buy digital if its only available that way, on an extreme discount or the game is out of print.

I would love to see more people follow your lead.

I've found some great deals soon after launch for some big releases last year. People underestimate retail and how competitive they can be.

KiryuRealty

Cambridge Dictionary High Priest of Grammar
28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.
I would love to see more people follow your lead.

I've found some great deals soon after launch for some big releases last year. People underestimate retail and how competitive they can be.
As long as game discs are just dongles that make it a hassle to change games, fuck physical.

Granted, here in Canada there is no competition on game pricing, since few retailers still even sell games, so you get very limited selection, no sales short of games hitting the bargain bin, and high prices.

Impulse

21 Apr 2023
Wtf? Sega isn't doing physical copies of yakuza and p3r in japan?? Are the fucking stupid or what
It's just for the Xbox versions, but it's odd because they are going with Xbox as the primary marketing partner for them.

Not having a retail presence to accompany your prime marketing moves is a dumb as fuck move imo but we'll wait and see.

27 Jun 2023
United kingdom
they stopped manufacturing physical games here in Brazil in early 2023, leaving a lot of people that purchased Series X consoles w/ a 4K Blu Ray drives with a clown face, Brazil is like Xbox 3rd biggest market, they'll drop physical games this gen, BEFORE the gen ends, mark my words.
All they do when they do physical disks is put a license file on it anyway you still have to download the entire game 🤣

Zzero

Major Tom
9 Jan 2023
Looking around the net variety is the only source. The got the info from BestBuy themselves presumably.
Variety is Hollywood's paper of record. You can generally trust anything they publish, as long as you can mentally correct stuff like political biases.

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022

Keep those physicals, although it's Japan and we know they love their physical games ppl in general still have a thirst for physical!

Last edited:
Reactions: JAHGamer
OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
$5 less than brand new at GameStop was always a major rip-off for used games.

The only things priced better were usually things nobody wanted anyway.
Tht was Gamestop and I always said fuck them! ebay and other places is a gold mine for used purchases. We already know how Gamestop gave it up.

Game is gamestop in Europe? I thiught it was a diff company.