Best Buy Exiting the Physical Media Biz (not games) in 2024 (Online & In-Store) & Walmart has begun removing physical games. Selling for 3 cents.

On Demand

Veteran
Icon Extra
30 Jul 2022
Looking around the net variety is the only source. The got the info from BestBuy themselves presumably.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gamernyc78

Hezekiah

Veteran
23 Jul 2022
If they release at around the same time as PS at around the same price their console will offer similar performance. Unless someone has some secret sauce that allows them to do better things for cheaper.

Mind you, the series X has become quite cheap... So go figure, I don't see them adding a third SKU soon.
I imagine there will be a ~18 month gap, so a mid 2026 release.

There will be a power gap, but Xbox has announced a ton of games that won't be out for years for Series S and X so they will forced to support them, and third-parties will obviously be supporting PS5 (and PS5 Pro) for years to come.

Entropi

Veteran
Icon Extra
22 Jan 2023
Is this guy reliable?

I wouldn’t be surprised since the majority of Xbox’s are the S and Xbox doesn’t even have physical releases of their own first party games

I didn’t know this. Walmart should discontinue their hardware too.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: JAHGamer

Shadow2027

15 Dec 2023
I mean look at xbox themselves. They are barely putting any of their own games on disc. Redfall was a lat second thing, no hifi rush physical, no physical for their smaller titles like grounded or pentiment. And removing yourself from retail will further make consumers forget about your product let alone retails will focus much more on selling and recommending PS/NINTENDO to customers

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
Wtf? Sega isn't doing physical copies of yakuza and p3r in japan?? Are the fucking stupid or what

Etifilio

Slyper
27 Jun 2023
they stopped manufacturing physical games here in Brazil in early 2023, leaving a lot of people that purchased Series X consoles w/ a 4K Blu Ray drives with a clown face, Brazil is like Xbox 3rd biggest market, they'll drop physical games this gen, BEFORE the gen ends, mark my words.

Reactions: Would_you_kindly

Etifilio

Slyper
27 Jun 2023
Sony and Nintendo have BIG physical sales here in Brazil, Xbox also had for multiplatform games that are not on gamepass, they're trying to force people to go digital/cloud only, once they achieve this, they'll have full control over ownership

Reactions: Bryank75

Etifilio

Slyper
27 Jun 2023
Wtf? Sega isn't doing physical copies of yakuza and p3r in japan?? Are the fucking stupid or what
xbox marketing contract must be preventing them from doing physical copies, they're trying to BRUTE FORCE people to go full digital/cloud and SEGA is falling for it

KiryuRealty

Cambridge Dictionary High Priest of Grammar
28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.
xbox marketing contract must be preventing them from doing physical copies, they're trying to BRUTE FORCE people to go full digital/cloud and SEGA is falling for it
Brute Force was a TERRIBLE game. One of the worst Xbox first-party games of that generation.