[Best place to Play] Sony games to get FSR 3.1 support on PC

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023

large

All these games are from PlayStation Studios™ and the games launching today were developed by Sucker Punch Productions, Guerrilla, and Insomniac Games, with the PC versions by Nixxes Software. God of War Ragnarök is from Santa Monica Studio, with the PC version by Jetpack Interactive. We anticipate more games will support FSR 3.1 soon, so stay tuned for updates

You have to love how Sony keeps supporting and patching PC versions when they failed miserably to do so for many games when PS4 Pro and PS5 were released, what a joke.

SuperPotato

1 Mar 2024
You have to love how Sony keeps supporting and patching PC versions when they failed miserably to do so for many games when PS4 Pro and PS5 were released, what a joke.

What do you want them to patch tho? All of these games have a native PS5 version already. There's nothing new to add until the PS5 Pro is out.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Ezekiel
OP
OP
Nhomnhom

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
What do you want them to patch tho? All of these games have a native PS5 version already. There's nothing new to add until the PS5 Pro is out.
Bloodborne and all other games that never got a PS4 Pro or PS5 patch. They never had this same energy they do now of supporting PC games with new features even years after release for PlayStation.

To me it's pretty obvious Sony treats PC players much better than they ever threated PlayStation owners.

SuperPotato

1 Mar 2024
Bloodborne and all other games that never got a PS4 Pro or PS5 patch. They never had this same energy they do now of supporting PC games with new features even years after release for PlayStation.

To me it's pretty obvious Sony treats PC players much better than they ever threated PlayStation owners.

Those 6 specific games got post launch content and patches with new modes after their initial release and long before the PC versions were out, so 🤷‍♂️

Again, there's nothing new to add here until the PS5 Pro is out. You can't just slap a new GPU on a base PS5 and get FSR3.1 support.

Last edited:
  • brain

SuperPotato

1 Mar 2024
So what? They can only support games that are on PC now?

What do you expect them to add on a base PS5 now?

GOT and GOW got expansions and performance modes post launch
Horizon 2 got an expansion post launch
Ratchet got a couple of performance modes post launch.

• brain

Neversummer

Veteran
27 Jun 2023

large

All these games are from PlayStation Studios™ and the games launching today were developed by Sucker Punch Productions, Guerrilla, and Insomniac Games, with the PC versions by Nixxes Software. God of War Ragnarök is from Santa Monica Studio, with the PC version by Jetpack Interactive. We anticipate more games will support FSR 3.1 soon, so stay tuned for updates

PC is the future of PS no doubt. PS already putting more effort & focus on PC aswell as PS studios now working simultaneously w PC so that the game design can translate & be ported to PC faster.

Steamdeck is the new PS soon w Steamdeck 2 & Steamdeck 3 you will have a console w a wider library of games + 2 of the platform holders first party game + steam & pc exclusive. Steam already gets default PC exclusive so they will continue to seek growth & overpower PS simply by having a better platform w a better storefront + similar specs & lower price entry + save more money in the long run compared to investing in a PS console to play PS games on that PS console.

Nintendo well Nintendo will be fine if they continue to have permanent exclusive games to its platform & continue to release 5-10 Nintendo games per year much more then PS & similar if not more then Xbox+Zenimax+ABK.

SuperPotato

1 Mar 2024
PC is the future of PS no doubt. PS already putting more effort & focus on PC aswell as PS studios now working simultaneously w PC so that the game design can translate & be ported to PC faster.

Steamdeck is the new PS soon w Steamdeck 2 & Steamdeck 3 you will have a console w a wider library of games + 2 of the platform holders first party game + steam & pc exclusive. Steam already gets default PC exclusive so they will continue to seek growth & overpower PS simply by having a better platform w a better storefront + similar specs & lower price entry + save more money in the long run compared to investing in a PS console to play PS games on that PS console.

Nintendo well Nintendo will be fine if they continue to have permanent exclusive games to its platform & continue to release 5-10 Nintendo games per year much more then PS & similar if not more then Xbox+Zenimax+ABK.

You guys completely ignore the fact that all of these games already got post launch patches and content on PS5.

You'd have a point if Sony added content to the PC ports and ignored the console versions but that's not the case here.

PC gets some slopply seconds and it's a huge issue, lol.

Last edited:

JAHGamer

Veteran
8 May 2023
I made these comments months ago and it gets truer by the day 😂 it also applies for AMD as well. Every Nvidia and AMD event and all of their marketing material always has PlayStation 1st party games as the main focus. Every PC YouTuber that does benchmarking videos has every PlayStation port in there and only a few non PS 1st party games 🤣

Everyone sees the immense value of Sony's 1st party games except for Sony. And they traded away exclusivity of these titles for PENNIES!!! What a truly braindead organization.

The only positive benefit of PC ports so far has been in providing PC YouTubers with high quality games to benchmark and enabling Nvidia to finally showcase the full potential of ray tracing in their presentations instead of relying on tech demos and ugly games.
Sony's own games are always used as marketing for Nvidia to sell their own hardware, Nvidia sees more value in PS 1st party than Sony does.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Neversummer

JAHGamer

Veteran
8 May 2023
You guys completely ignore the fact that all of these games already got post launch patches and content on PS5.

You'd have a point if Sony added content to the PC ports and ignored the console versions but that's not the case here.

PC gets some slopply seconds and it's a huge issue, lol.
Lol...as soon as new PC tech releases, their on it ASAP, literally within a week or less. Sometimes before it's even officially released because AMD/Nvidia want to use PS games to market said new features. Meanwhile PS console owners have to wait 10 months to 4 years for a simple patches. HZD 60fps patch with nothing else took almost a year, when the PC port got a full port with all the bells and whistles years prior. TLOU2 took a 4 full years to finally get PS5 features implemented and that's only because a PC port is around the corner, Days Gone also took months and is just a 60fps patch with nothing else. No increased foliage, draw distance, textures, etc. I can go on. Just cuz you're ok with being a 2nd class citizen, doesn't mean others are.

JAHGamer

Veteran
8 May 2023
Idgi, why are you mad? These games don't use FSR on console so 3.1 support would do nothing.
see my response to superpotato... they struggle to do the bare minimum for people who paid $400+ to play their games but bend over backwards for those that have no investment with them and don't even make up 1% of their revenue. PS fans literally had to beg devs for months on twitter for 60fps patches for a bunch of games while PC gamers never have to wait at all.

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
see my response to superpotato... they struggle to do the bare minimum for people who paid $400+ to play their games but bend over backwards for those that have no investment with them and don't even make up 1% of their revenue. PS fans literally had to beg devs for months on twitter for 60fps patches for a bunch of games while PC gamers never have to wait at all.
Um, but the in house upscaling is way better than FSR already?

SuperPotato

1 Mar 2024
Lol...as soon as new PC tech releases, their on it ASAP, literally within a week or less. Sometimes before it's even officially released because AMD/Nvidia want to use PS games to market said new features. Meanwhile PS console owners have to wait 10 months to 4 years for a simple patches. HZD 60fps patch with nothing else took almost a year, when the PC port got a full port with all the bells and whistles years prior. TLOU2 took a 4 full years to finally get PS5 features implemented and that's only because a PC port is around the corner, Days Gone also took months and is just a 60fps patch with nothing else. No increased foliage, draw distance, textures, etc. I can go on. Just cuz you're ok with being a 2nd class citizen, doesn't mean others are.

PC users had to wait 2-5 years to even get these games to begin with. By the time Ghost of Tsushima launched on PC, the PS5 version already had all the performance modes and the expansion. Same with every other game. If you want new performance modes on console, you'll have to wait for the PS5 Pro.

Don't know about you but i'd rather wait for the patches than having to wait for the PC ports.

SuperPotato

1 Mar 2024

PC users had to wait for the games to even come out.

Neversummer

Veteran
27 Jun 2023
I made these comments months ago and it gets truer by the day 😂 it also applies for AMD as well. Every Nvidia and AMD event and all of their marketing material always has PlayStation 1st party games as the main focus. Every PC YouTuber that does benchmarking videos has every PlayStation port in there and only a few non PS 1st party games 🤣

Everyone sees the immense value of Sony's 1st party games except for Sony. And they traded away exclusivity of these titles for PENNIES!!! What a truly braindead organization.
Yuh it’s pretty embarrassing. No worries when Nintendo reveals the Switch 2 & it’s as powerful + more 3rd party support there will be a shift & Switch 3 will be as powerful as a PS5 the power gap will get smaller & smaller especially as both Nintendo & Steam introduces ai + cloud into there hardware aswell as Xbox/MS & PS. Power difference will be smaller & less notable & it will eventually comeback to the exclusive true permanent exclusive games (content/ip) that makes a consumer buy 1 device vs another aswell on which platform has the widest supported 3rd party support. See Nintendo is smart they acquire a port studio not to port Nintendo games to competitors platform but instead to bring more 3rd party that are either exclusive & would become exclusive on another platform & not available on Nintendo console. Fully expect more 3rd party to come to Nintendo day 1 & 3rd party in general that would port there games after 6 month to 1 year to now take 3-4 month instead.

Same will happen to Steamdeck 2 & Steamdeck 3 the lines between power will get blur & it will ultimately come to exclusive permanent games just like how it is w Netflix & Disney+ while Paramount & MAX who have time exclusive content are significantly at a disadvantage.

I can see Meta/Quest, Apple, Nvidia, Google make a hybrid handheld w 3rd party support aswell as I can see all of these companies consolidate the gaming industry like MS to secure future exclusive content/ip for when they expand into gaming/cross media. We heard rumors of Disney wanting to buy EA & Amazon/Comcast buy Take 2 which isn’t surprising aswell as Saudi Arabia who said they wanted to buy a gaming publisher in 2022 & NetEase/Tencent investing in Ubisoft & Kadokawa. It all comes back to exclusive games true permanent exclusive games for the platform that builds its storefront/platform up that are the only thing that can differentiate yourself from another competitor. I think hybrid handhelds will be the new streaming platform fight where all of these companies have a hybrid handheld & consolidate the gaming industry & use these ip to make exclusive permanent exclusive singleplayer games w these ip while multiplayer/live service release across all of these devices similar to the streaming platform thoe in the gaming side it will be a little more flexible due to games & cross media being consumed differently & cross media being cheaper it can be lockdown w less blowback compared to games. But even that ai + cloud will cut a massive amount of games mostly AAA singleplayer games budget

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: JAHGamer

JAHGamer

Veteran
8 May 2023
Um, but the in house upscaling is way better than FSR already?
PC users had to wait 2-5 years to even get these games to begin with. By the time Ghost of Tsushima launched on PC, the PS5 version already had all the performance modes and the expansion. Same with every other game. If you want new performance modes on console, you'll have to wait for the PS5 Pro.

Don't know about you but i'd rather wait for the patches than having to wait for the PC ports.
PC users had to wait for the games to even come out.
You guys are moving the goalpost… the discussion is about post launch support, not general availability.

Game sells 15-20m on PS4 - Forced to wait months or years for simple patches even when the tech is readily available. (And sometimes pay a $10 tax)

Game sells 2m on PC - constant patches and updates literally the second new tech is available. (And never pay extra)

I don’t see how you can argue that this isn’t an issue, unless you like getting screwed over.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Neversummer

SuperPotato

1 Mar 2024
You guys are moving the goalpost… the discussion is about post launch support, not general availability.

Game sells 15-20m on PS4 - Forced to wait months or years for simple patches even when the tech is readily available. (And sometimes pay a $10 tax)

Game sells 2m on PC - constant patches and updates literally the second new tech is available. (And never pay extra)

I don’t see how you can argue that this isn’t an issue, unless you like getting screwed over.

And it's always the same 2-3 guys around here who make a huge fuss about every single Playstation related topic.

Btw. PC gamers just need more patches since there's a 50:50 chance that their games will run like crap at launch ;)

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022

I really dgaf, I played the games at launch and they were of excellent quality. What am I going to do with support for a game if it's not extra content? Why should I care about pc getting some better upscaling when the upscaling was trash to begin with?