Beyond3D closes down - owner cites toxic behaviour as most prominent reason

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022

It's been a hell of a ride. It has reached a stopping point for many reasons, a small part also related to lack of resources to properly maintain. The most prominent reason being the toxic behavior exhibited by so many, where the behavior has not changed in the least and actually gotten worse over the past year.

I do appreciate everyone who has ever put so much into the site, with their time, effort, devotion, and passion over the years. It wouldn't have been possible without them.

Beyond3D is now closed.

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022

It's been a hell of a ride. It has reached a stopping point for many reasons, a small part also related to lack of resources to properly maintain. The most prominent reason being the toxic behavior exhibited by so many, where the behavior has not changed in the least and actually gotten worse over the past year.

I do appreciate everyone who has ever put so much into the site, with their time, effort, devotion, and passion over the years. It wouldn't have been possible without them.

Beyond3D is now closed.
didn't VFX belong to that site

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: KiryuRealty

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
Anyone can give me a brief history of the place and any notable things about the site?

I am not very familiar with them.

Reactions: Gamernyc78

Darth Vader

I find your lack of faith disturbing
Founder
20 Jun 2022
Anyone can give me a brief history of the place and any notable things about the site?

They were basically "the place" for technical discussion, not just gaming related but also overall tech industry.

Xbots started taking over since this generation started, and the place became very toxic.

That's the TLDR

Hezekiah

Veteran
23 Jul 2022

Had some very technical threads, and they would delve into console architecture in a lot of depth. Also had an ongoing NPD thread to discuss sales.

It was a bit American-centric to me when I visited in the PS3/360 era, though that was the peak of Xbox popularity.

Maybe that type of forum is a bit antiquated nowadays.

Alabtrosmyster

Veteran
26 Jun 2022
Had some very technical threads, and they would delve into console architecture in a lot of depth. Also had an ongoing NPD thread to discuss sales.

It was a bit American-centric to me when I visited in the PS3/360 era, though that was the peak of Xbox popularity.

Maybe that type of forum is a bit antiquated nowadays.
Hard technical information is harder to find, sales numbers are mostly hidden information these days... So on amd so forth.

This is a world of shills and PR bots, if you let them in your forum they will do their best to take over or ruin all conversation on it. This is not like a paid person or AI bot has the choice to change their mind or back down when they fail.

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Hard technical information is harder to find, sales numbers are mostly hidden information these days... So on amd so forth.

This is a world of shills and PR bots, if you let them in your forum they will do their best to take over or ruin all conversation on it. This is not like a paid person or AI bot has the choice to change their mind or back down when they fail.
Yeah some ppl enter forums to sow discord and argumentative discussion. With the end goal of ruining everything. We must remain vigilant.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Entropi

Entropi

Veteran
Icon Extra
22 Jan 2023
I haven't been to that place since the PS3/360 and early PS4/Xbox One. It was a terrible place then, and I can only imagine how bad it must have become for it to be shut down now.

Reactions: Gamernyc78

Entropi

Veteran
Icon Extra
22 Jan 2023
Forum was so cool to browse pre console launches for the rumors and speculation.

Unfortunately a bunch of Xbox nutters PlayStation haters really flooded the forum and it went to shit.

Xbox is such a toxic brand. I don't understand why people lose their minds like being on crack or something, since the product is so mediocre.

Darth Vader

I find your lack of faith disturbing
Founder
20 Jun 2022
Xbox is such a toxic brand. I don't understand why people lose their minds like being on crack or something, since the product is so mediocre.
Not sure if you've noticed, but the bigger American brands all suffer from these kind of toxic fanboys. Apple, Microsoft, Google, Tesla, all have rabid supporters that will defend those companies even if they literally shit on their plate.

• Informative
Reactions: Entropi

Alabtrosmyster

Veteran
26 Jun 2022
Not sure if you've noticed, but the bigger American brands all suffer from these kind of toxic fanboys. Apple, Microsoft, Google, Tesla, all have rabid supporters that will defend those companies even if they literally shit on their plate.
I wish that was new, but some Amiga and Atari ST fans still waging their war!

Mind you, the Genesis and SNES wars are not over and both are made by american companies.

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
Haven't really seen many google fanboys