Beyond3D closes down - owner cites toxic behaviour as most prominent reason

MScarpa

28 Jul 2022
Was a big fan back in the day. Met some great people. A lot of industry people used to be there. Don't know anymore.

Reactions: Gamernyc78

Plextorage

Veteran
26 Feb 2023
Well, if what you say is accurate, then it was toxic behaviour that killed the forum, the thing is that the toxic behaviour came from a mod that's an Xbox fanatic.

Haha, knew it. Xbox. Now REERA is next. Phil Spencer ass licker moderator Judge will fuck up everything. 😁

Alabtrosmyster

Veteran
26 Jun 2022
Damn I forgot all bout stadia lol and ouya
Hey Ouya was great! That little box even had a few exclusives (until the games got ported).

It was the switch of 2012 without the Nintendo games, a great little experiment that could not find its place.

KiryuRealty

Cambridge Dictionary High Priest of Grammar
28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.
Hey Ouya was great! That little box even had a few exclusives (until the games got ported).

It was the switch of 2012 without the Nintendo games, a great little experiment that could not find its place.
It might have helped them to have had better distribution. You couldn’t get one in Canada unless you imported it!

Reactions: Alabtrosmyster

Alabtrosmyster

Veteran
26 Jun 2022
It might have helped them to have had better distribution. You couldn’t get one in Canada unless you imported it!
I'm not going to say that their failure wasn't entirely their making. The console was underpowered, came with a bad controller (I had to use my PS3 controller).

But I still got some good time from it, the store had some really out there stuff on it, most games were free and it still has the best NES emulator that ever existed (iNES i think, the UI was just amazing).

It doesn't deserve the hate.

Entropi

Veteran
Icon Extra
22 Jan 2023
To be fair I never read anything about politics there in the tech areas.
So the mods at least were fast in remove these?

I don’t remember that place being too political back when I visited regularly. Someone else here said it was polittics, so it got me wondering if that was the reason it got extremely toxic.

KiryuRealty

Cambridge Dictionary High Priest of Grammar
28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.
I'm not going to say that their failure wasn't entirely their making. The console was underpowered, came with a bad controller (I had to use my PS3 controller).

But I still got some good time from it, the store had some really out there stuff on it, most games were free and it still has the best NES emulator that ever existed (iNES i think, the UI was just amazing).

It doesn't deserve the hate.
I wouldn’t know, as I never encountered one, nor anyone who had one!

ToTTenTranz

Veteran
Icon Extra
4 Aug 2023
Looks like the forum owner went to their discord channel to say he's in the process of rebooting and reinstalling the whole thing, and it should be back online in the next few days.

Apparently it was troll mod BRiT going rogue and trying to nuke the whole forum without speaking to anyone.

You say one thing and the opposite in the following sentence 🧠.
No, I didn't. Not in the context of the rest of my post.

B3D users weren't particularly toxic, i.e. more toxic than average internet goers.

Mismanagement (i.e. having a single troll mod running the place for years in a row) led to the whole thing becoming a fanboy echo-chamber, pro-Xbox + pro-Nvidia.
With this, many users left the forum.

KnittedKnight

Gaming Sage
Icon Extra
13 Jul 2022
When MS shills (Xbox by extension) and Nvidia shills get together. The PCMR disease ate the host. Simple as.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Looks like the forum owner went to their discord channel to say he's in the process of rebooting and reinstalling the whole thing, and it should be back online in the next few days.

Apparently it was troll mod BRiT going rogue and trying to nuke the whole forum without speaking to anyone.
Really?

That is why Owner has more power than mods... mods can only lock threads at best... not delete a whole forum.

@Bryank75 you have the power... not your mods... remember that... some admin tasks only you can do not others.
Mods can only be mods with lower permissions.

ToTTenTranz

Veteran
Icon Extra
4 Aug 2023
That is why Owner has more power than mods... mods can only lock threads at best... not delete a whole forum.

That's what he did, though. The dude banned everyone and locked all threads on a whim. How he managed to lock the admins out of everything is the big question mark.

• Informative
Reactions: ethomaz

Plextorage

Veteran
26 Feb 2023
Reactions: Gamernyc78
OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating