Billbil-kun - Here's the name, the design of the new PlayStation console with lots of other new details.

FatKaz

Veteran
16 Jul 2022

Our information on the new PlayStation console​

Here we detail the information we have managed to get about the upcoming new PlayStation console.

1. Official name​

No surprises to have here, because we now have the certainty that the console will be called "PS5 Pro".

2. Design of the PS5 Pro​

We were able to obtain a visual from the front panel of the final packaging carton of the new console. This allowed us to get an idea about the final design of the PS5 Pro that has never leaked before. For copyright reasons, we will not be able to share this visual. However, you can see below a sketch designed by us that illustrates the design of the PS5 Pro.
Croquis illustrant le design final de la PS5 Pro.

Sketch illustrating the final design of the PS5 Pro (Image / Drawing: Dealabs)
Thus, it is possible to see a design very similar to that of the PS5 Slim. The same white color of the outer facade of the console will be found. 2 USB-C ports and the power button will also be present on the front of the console.

The first difference from our sketch is the presence of three black stripes in the middle of the exterior facades of the PS5 Pro. However, the type of exterior facade remains similar to that of the PS5 Slim. And we imagine that it is possible to reuse the spare facades designed for the PS5 Slim.

The other difference we can only see since the final visual of the PS5 Pro is its thickness. Indeed, the PS5 Pro appears slightly thicker than the PS5 Slim.

Image montrant la PS5 Slim avec une façade en coloris rouge (Volcanic Red).

The PS5 Pro shares many similarities with the PS5 Slim with arguably compatibility with the facades already present on the trade (Image: Sony Interactive Entertainment)

3. 3. Disc reader absent?​

Unfortunately, we are not yet sure about this. Indeed, the visual we have comes from a PS5 Pro without a disc player. However, and even if we think that will not be the case, we ignore the existence of a record player edition. Although it may be possible to put a disk drive (like the PS5 Slim).

It is thought to be a commercial choice of Sony, in order to launch this console on the market with a competitive price by reducing the cost of the presence (optional for some) of a record player.

4. Type of joystick included with the PS5 Pro​

Unfortunately, there will be no new features on this, and we will always have the same DualSense controller included with the PS5 Pro in white color (this is already included in the PS5 and the PS5 Slim).

5. Announcement date​

Although Sony's plans may change at any time, the PS5 Pro will be announced very soon. We anticipate that this announcement will be made in the first half of September 2024.

BillyZ

18 Jul 2024
Very similar to the current model so the disc drive will still be compatible and they're gonna sell it as digital only to make it seem cheaper than it actually is. But if that price is still 599 no one will care.

YeezyDude

17 Jun 2024
Denmark
The sooner, the better 😁
Well it looks like we're about 1-2 weeks away from its reveal... I think we've been waiting like 2 years for this at least... So I think this thing is out mid-November 2024 or a little bit later than that. Anyway... This should be good!

YeezyDude

17 Jun 2024
Denmark
Got 400 dollars in credit waiting for it.

And it uses the same plates as the slim so I’ll be buying new black plates also
Exactly I'll get some midnight black (Or well black if it's different than the PS5 ones) plates for it too... I wonder if the stand is included or not... If not well I think I'll get it anyway. And well as well as a 2 TB or 4 TB's NVME M.2 SSD... Man this is going to be a good day... Oh and a midnight black controller, headset and maybe some day if needed a charger for 2 PS5/PS5 Pro controllers if there's no huge difference. Yeah this is about to feel like 2021-2023 for me again! (y)