Billbil-kun - Here's the name, the design of the new PlayStation console with lots of other new details.

YeezyDude

17 Jun 2024
Denmark
Oh he removed the tweet.

It was a meme of cerny behind colt eastwood.

It read "bite the pillow I'm going in dry"
Ahh okay lol... I thought somebody leaked a real-life picture of the PS5 Pro box... Which might happen before it's officially revealed. But the wait won't be long though so yeah the next 1-3 weeks should be very interesting indeed! 👀

Papacheeks

Old Guard
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Very similar to the current model so the disc drive will still be compatible and they're gonna sell it as digital only to make it seem cheaper than it actually is. But if that price is still 599 no one will care.

I think a lot of PC, tech people will care when they show what it can do compared to equivalent PC. Also Microsoft literally launched a $599 series X that literally just has more storage.

PS5PRO supposedly has more storage on top of larger gpu, higher memory bandwidth, AI upscaler cpu, and will have PSSR.

If they show it off correctly I think you will see a higher adoption than PS4PRO. Specially if they show off titles like Monster Hunter wilds, GTA6 on it. I think we see a reel of older titles running native 4K auto like demons souls remake and such.

Think we see a couple surprise remaster titles and look at this event.

BroodCorp

Veteran
Icon Extra
28 May 2023
I wonder what game(s) they’ll use to sell people on this whenever it’s revealed. Future-proofing is fine, but seeing that immediate upgrade on current market games is always nice.

Papacheeks

Old Guard
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
I wonder what game(s) they’ll use to sell people on this whenever it’s revealed. Future-proofing is fine, but seeing that immediate upgrade on current market games is always nice.

Honestly I think we are overdue for a #2 trailer from Rockstar. ANd I think we see some first party stuff from Studios who have been quiet. I think we see some stuff for street fighter 6, Monster hunter wilds, update for one of the final fantasy titles.

I think we see something from Bluepoint.

Neversummer

Veteran
27 Jun 2023
Yeah I'm thinking $599 for digital and $650 for disc
$600 to $650 for them to port there games to PC. Prior to the price increase I would’ve said $600 but I can see $650 for the base w a disc drive optional purchase for $50.

The PC port & PS5 pro videos are going to be insane. Essentially dampening anything the PS5 pro will do unless cerny has some sort of secret sauce.

“PC port of SM2 runs better then PS5 pro” “best place to play PS games even after the PS5 pro is PC” these are definitely the headlines will see w a few asking why spend $600-$700 for a machine that won’t outclass PC nor does PS has true permanent exclusive to make that hardware truly shine in the market. Without true permanent exclusive to make hardware stick out in the market & shine people will be saying the same thing “PS5 no games” “$650 to not even compare to a PC” “why spend $600-$700 on a hardware that has no true exclusive & ports there games 1 year later” people are investing in platforms & storefronts for the long turn & more & more people will ask this question as PS diminish there own ecosystem

Entropi

Veteran
Icon Extra
22 Jan 2023
These people are going to sell it for 699-750 Just watch

But why? It's the same company that was mindful of releasing a very affordable, or even cheap, $399 and $499 PS5 back in 2020. I'd say $599 is as high as they would go, if even that.

Reactions: YeezyDude

quest4441

Veteran
27 Feb 2024
But why? It's the same company that was mindful of releasing a very affordable, or even cheap, $399 and $499 PS5 back in 2020. I'd say $599 is as high as they would go, if even that.
Because the silicon prices have increased, TSMC had revised their prices by 10% upwards. Sony is not the same company it was 5-6 years ago, they are not going to eat the costs and hope to gain profits in the long run based on the strength of their products and softwares. Short term profits is the name of the game with current Sony, everything has to do with their messed up software pipelines so they are scrambling looking for pennies and dimes with their pc ports etc..

Papacheeks

Old Guard
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
As long as its within the $600-ish range I'm in knowing the power uplift. I think compared to PS4PRO this is going to surprise a lot of people.

Can't wait to see how this hardware will make Digital Foundry look like clowns.

You wait, this is going to make them look dumb.

Entropi

Veteran
Icon Extra
22 Jan 2023
As long as its within the $600-ish range I'm in knowing the power uplift. I think compared to PS4PRO this is going to surprise a lot of people.

They’ll just move the goalpost to whatever suits them.

voke

Veteran
10 Jan 2023

They gonna downplay PSSR