billbil-kun: I'm still investigating about another of PlayStation's exclusives coming very soon at least to one 'specific' platform

Status
Not open for further replies.
24 Jun 2022
For SIE's sake there better not be another 1P port happening. At least not anytime soon. They just had a fiasco with Concord, and they don't need port news to come out to deflate Astro Bot's launch.

Truth is there's a large number of PlayStation console enthusiasts who are probably not in the best of spirits, and optics around the brand outside of sales figures aren't great. SIE need to take back control of the narrative and their own optics, and start showing through action their console audience isn't an afterthought or trail run when it comes to 1P software support.

Else the ending to this story isn't going to turn out very well, to put it mildly.

24 Jun 2022
If it's anything important getting ported, PlayStation fans need to rise up and hunt these sellouts out of the company, it's overdue.

They're running it all into the ground.

Well thinking about it, @Ezekiel is prob right that it might be FF XVI for Xbox, which is whatever. Nothing to do with SIE.

But if it's yet another 1P title (likely either GT7 or Demon's Souls remake, going by the Nvidia leak), yeah, it's just going to throttle morale among a chunk of the console core enthusiasts, distract from Astro Bot and even likely drive down demand for a PS5 Pro among that segment (who would otherwise be the main ones buying it Day 1).

Another PC port so people have even less reasons to own a PS5. They never learn even after this massive bomb today. Speedrunning to irrelevancy.

Phil and Don Mattick didn't do this much damage to their brand.

We don't know what it is yet. We don't even know if this is true; billbil-kun has been wrong about PS stuff plenty of times before, though nowhere on the level of embarrassment as our friend Paul Tassi (actually very few have been exposed being at his level of BS, aside maybe Dusk Golem with those RE Village rumors back in 2021).

OP
OP
Puff

Puff

Veteran
10 Jan 2023
Another PC port so people have even less reasons to own a PS5. They never learn even after this massive bomb today. Speedrunning to irrelevancy.

Phil and Don Mattick didn't do this much damage to their brand.

For SIE's sake there better not be another 1P port happening. At least not anytime soon. They just had a fiasco with Concord, and they don't need port news to come out to deflate Astro Bot's launch.

Truth is there's a large number of PlayStation console enthusiasts who are probably not in the best of spirits, and optics around the brand outside of sales figures aren't great. SIE need to take back control of the narrative and their own optics, and start showing through action their console audience isn't an afterthought or trail run when it comes to 1P software support.

Else the ending to this story isn't going to turn out very well, to put it mildly.

People are speculating a potential Helldivers 2 Xbox port

Neversummer

Veteran
27 Jun 2023
Astrobot? I mean they were already talking about a pc port even before the PS5 release
Lmao. PS announcing more things for PC & Nintendo while there platform is in complete flames & lacking exclusive games the 1 singleplayer first party/sony own ip per year needs to change & should’ve change in 2020 to a minimum of 5+ first party games w a mix of AAA & AA (singleplayer games)

Reactions: arvfab

Neversummer

Veteran
27 Jun 2023
People are speculating a potential Helldivers 2 Xbox port
If that happens Sony & PS leadership needs to put a gun in there mouth & pull the trigger. Genuinely that would be gross & kill any momentum/hype for PS live service & PS exclusive in the future not to mention further make PS5 & PS5 pro a questionable purchase hell PS6 is looking to be the first PS console that I don’t buy with me moving more to PC/Steamdeck & Nintendo because it’s clear PS isn’t a platform or storefront I should be investing to in the long run.

Xbox is in a death spiral as Xbox gamers no longer buy games on Xbox because they don’t even know of the console/storefront will be supported in the future & MS completely cage in to steam & just makes the steam storefront the default gaming storefront in PC & in the long run potential the default platform & storefront in gaming in general with really only Nintendo having the other option solely because they have permanent exclusive so there platform/storefront is completely safe

peter42O

Veteran
12 Jan 2024
Going with Helldivers 2 going on Xbox Series X/S. I wouldn't be shocked to see it get announced at The Game Awards and release in February 2025 on the one year anniversary in order to get a big boost for the game. I also wouldn't be shocked if Media Molecule's next game is fully multi-platform because it seems like it's a live service multi-player game according to Zuby Tech on Twitter so if that's true, after wasting a decade on Dreams and it bombing, I definitely see PC day one but wouldn't be shocked to see Sony release it on Xbox and/or Switch in order to really make up what they lost over the last decade with Media Molecule.

Say1nMan

Veteran
28 Jul 2023
Isn't Billbil known mainly for digging up Final Fantasy stuff? If so it would most likely be FF16 coming to Xbox which really ain't saying much.

Reactions: Killer_Sakoman

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
Going with Helldivers 2 going on Xbox Series X/S. I wouldn't be shocked to see it get announced at The Game Awards and release in February 2025 on the one year anniversary in order to get a big boost for the game. I also wouldn't be shocked if Media Molecule's next game is fully multi-platform because it seems like it's a live service multi-player game according to Zuby Tech on Twitter so if that's true, after wasting a decade on Dreams and it bombing, I definitely see PC day one but wouldn't be shocked to see Sony release it on Xbox and/or Switch in order to really make up what they lost over the last decade with Media Molecule.
not happening

24 Jun 2022
Going with Helldivers 2 going on Xbox Series X/S. I wouldn't be shocked to see it get announced at The Game Awards and release in February 2025 on the one year anniversary in order to get a big boost for the game.

In what world is Xbox going to be a "big boost" for Helldivers 2? At best it'd make for a big soundbite and yet another round of interviews with Phil Spencer puffing his chest and yapping on end about getting something done with some theatrical prose, but that's it. B2P sales aren't going to explode just because the game ends up on Xbox (if that ever happens).

The only other option would be it going to Xbox via Game Pass, but if that happens, SIE can and should prepare for hell to break out from PlayStation customers, especially if they for whatever reason decided to also not put it into PS+ to feature-match. There aren't that many ways to torpedo goodwill among their enthusiast console owners but a HD2 Game Pass deal would be a hell of a self-destruct button for SIE to push if I ever saw one.

I also wouldn't be shocked if Media Molecule's next game is fully multi-platform because it seems like it's a live service multi-player game according to Zuby Tech on Twitter so if that's true, after wasting a decade on Dreams and it bombing, I definitely see PC day one but wouldn't be shocked to see Sony release it on Xbox and/or Switch in order to really make up what they lost over the last decade with Media Molecule.

I think you're just reaching or hopeful wishing here. Dream's problem wasn't in being exclusive, it was in taking 7 years to release from initial showing to 2020, and lost a lot of the hype along the way due to the endless number of delays. Also: releasing at the tail end of PS4 just as PS5 was coming out. It was a repeat of GT6 but several magnitudes worst.

A MM game, provided it's in the spirit of Dreams or LBP, in theory would be a decent fit for Nintendo & PC (and mobile) if talking multiplatform strategy. But given the current situation with SIE's 1P on PS5 when it comes to exclusivity permanence (or better to say, glaring lack thereof in most cases now), it's probably not a good thing to do unless SIE build up a good number of persistent exclusives for PS5 again first.

Even then, does it really need to be a Day 1? I'd say no; leverage Nintendo, PC & mobile for initiating bursts into the game's profile, especially if it's more a cooperative team-based game vs. competitive title. Xbox (at least as-is) would be a last-choice option, if ever even selected. It's simply not a priority in even a gradual staggered multiplatform strategy (and again that's assuming it'd need more than PS anyway, which there's a chance it wouldn't).

Etifilio

Slyper
27 Jun 2023
what i've been saying for months here? they'll go full Nintendo Switch 2 with ports for their games... LEGO Horizon Adventures was just one of the many coming

peter42O

Veteran
12 Jan 2024
In what world is Xbox going to be a "big boost" for Helldivers 2? At best it'd make for a big soundbite and yet another round of interviews with Phil Spencer puffing his chest and yapping on end about getting something done with some theatrical prose, but that's it. B2P sales aren't going to explode just because the game ends up on Xbox (if that ever happens).

The only other option would be it going to Xbox via Game Pass, but if that happens, SIE can and should prepare for hell to break out from PlayStation customers, especially if they for whatever reason decided to also not put it into PS+ to feature-match. There aren't that many ways to torpedo goodwill among their enthusiast console owners but a HD2 Game Pass deal would be a hell of a self-destruct button for SIE to push if I ever saw one.

Reason why Helldivers 2 would get a big boost on Xbox is because of the type of game that it is. Xbox is known for two things since it started - online multi-player/co-op games and shooters. Granted, Helldivers 2 is a third person shooter instead of a first person shooter but it would be huge. It's also a co-op PvE game which makes it different from all the other PvP games out there. Also, Arrowhead is an independent development studio not owned by Sony and Sony just doesn't know how to manage live service games. They have no fucking clue. Before Arrowhead did anything, Sony fucked up the game by requiring a PSN account in regions where PSN doesn't even exist. Like, WTF? They're literally trying to sabotage and kill the game despite it being massive at the start. I know Arrowhead has done stupid shit since then but that whole PSN thing started it. No Game Pass. $40, digital only which makes sense because digital is bigger on Xbox than it is on PlayStation. Would also have cross-play.

I think you're just reaching or hopeful wishing here. Dream's problem wasn't in being exclusive, it was in taking 7 years to release from initial showing to 2020, and lost a lot of the hype along the way due to the endless number of delays. Also: releasing at the tail end of PS4 just as PS5 was coming out. It was a repeat of GT6 but several magnitudes worst.

A MM game, provided it's in the spirit of Dreams or LBP, in theory would be a decent fit for Nintendo & PC (and mobile) if talking multiplatform strategy. But given the current situation with SIE's 1P on PS5 when it comes to exclusivity permanence (or better to say, glaring lack thereof in most cases now), it's probably not a good thing to do unless SIE build up a good number of persistent exclusives for PS5 again first.

Even then, does it really need to be a Day 1? I'd say no; leverage Nintendo, PC & mobile for initiating bursts into the game's profile, especially if it's more a cooperative team-based game vs. competitive title. Xbox (at least as-is) would be a last-choice option, if ever even selected. It's simply not a priority in even a gradual staggered multiplatform strategy (and again that's assuming it'd need more than PS anyway, which there's a chance it wouldn't).

No hopeful wishing here because I don't give two shits about Media Molecule and they could be shut down tomorrow and I wouldn't care whatsoever. I agree with them taking forever to develop the game but it SHOULD have been on PC day one. It's a fucking creation game. What does PC do better than everyone else? MODDING. If that isn't a perfect combination and one that probably would have made the game a success and live much longer than it did, I don't know what would be.

If their next game is a live service game and I have no clue if it is or not but if it is, being multi-platform makes the most sense. First, vast majority of gamers/consumers aren't going to buy a PlayStation 5 for it anyway so it being exclusive doesn't matter, second, if it's a kids game like the Lego Horizon game, it will do pretty good numbers on Nintendo and third, the one aspect of games that do great on Xbox regardless of what anyone wants to believe or spout bullshit about is live service games. Granted, this applies to both Xbox and PlayStation as the top 20 sellers are always free to play or live service games but first party wise, Microsoft is by far and away the most successful in this regard and that's before including Bethesda and ABK.

Seriously, who comes close? EA has one hit with Apex, Epic has Fortnite and yeah, there's others but what single publisher has multiple live service games with huge user install base and player counts? There aren't any. Point is that when it comes to Xbox, people love their shooters, love their co-op/multi-player games and love their live service games. That's why I believe Helldivers 2 and Media Molecule's game if it's a live service game would release on Xbox and be multi-platform respectively.

And most of all, in the grand scheme of things, it's not a God of War or Last of Us or whatever so it's really not going to change anything except making Sony more revenue and in turn profit.

• haha
Reactions: arvfab
Status
Not open for further replies.