billbil-kun: I'm still investigating about another of PlayStation's exclusives coming very soon at least to one 'specific' platform

Status
Not open for further replies.

Entropi

Veteran
Icon Extra
22 Jan 2023
Another PC port so people have even less reasons to own a PS5. They never learn even after this massive bomb today. Speedrunning to irrelevancy.

Phil and Don Mattick didn't do this much damage to their brand.

Other FF titles were released on Day 1 on PC/Xbox. It’s over a year old and completely irrelevant for PS at this point. Also, maybe more people should have bought the game on PS5 instead of just parading it on social media for console warring, and maybe it would have stayed exclusive. PlayStation securing a full year of exclusivity should be celebrated by PS fans, not condemned, after knowing sales were not good enough.

SuperPotato

1 Mar 2024

Animated GIF

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
Xbox was always trash. They went from garbage to rotten.

Playstation was the top brand in gaming, now it's the most mismanaged. It's a huge fall from grace compared to that dump Phil made.

MS don't even hesitate to shit on Sony publicly, even if they need their customers to stay profitable. That's how low they are treated by the industry. It's controversy after controversy.

There's zero respect for them.

Reactions: Puff

Plextorage

Veteran
26 Feb 2023

Playstation was the top brand in gaming, now it's the most mismanaged. It's a huge fall from grace compared to that dump Phil made.

MS don't even hesitate to shit on Sony publicly, even if they need their customers to stay profitable. That's how low they are treated by the industry. It's controversy after controversy.

So, stop playing on PS then. Get a PC.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: SuperPotato

SuperPotato

1 Mar 2024

The internet has been against Sony since the PS3 era. Nothing new.

Yet, their consoles, peripherals and games still keep selling.

• sad
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

MiyazakiLovesKojima

Another PC port so people have even less reasons to own a PS5. They never learn even after this massive bomb today. Speedrunning to irrelevancy.

For SIE's sake there better not be another 1P port happening. At least not anytime soon. They just had a fiasco with Concord, and they don't need port news to come out to deflate Astro Bot's launch.

Truth is there's a large number of PlayStation console enthusiasts who are probably not in the best of spirits, and optics around the brand outside of sales figures aren't great. SIE need to take back control of the narrative and their own optics, and start showing through action their console audience isn't an afterthought or trail run when it comes to 1P software support.

Else the ending to this story isn't going to turn out very well, to put it mildly.
If it's anything important getting ported, PlayStation fans need to rise up and hunt these sellouts out of the company, it's overdue.

They're running it all into the ground.
Come on, guys! Let's Stay Positive for Sony Entertainment!

Let's all sing together the cringe-inducing theme song of Astro Bot, coming to PC very soon!

I am Astro Bot!

Astro Bot!

I am Astro Bot!

Astro Bot!

(Come on, lads! Sing louder 📢)

I AM ASTRO BOT! 😭

ASTRO BOT! 😫

I AM ASTRO BOT! 🤢

ASTRO BOT! 🤮

quest4441

Veteran
27 Feb 2024
If they port a single game to xbox, they will forever lose me as a customer. No way in hell do I want to play games with those losers, I stopped buying any game from a studio that microsoft bought.

ToTTenTranz

Veteran
Icon Extra
4 Aug 2023
Game is not dying lmfao.
It is. I think this week's peak players are the lowest it's ever been, and it's been on a steady decline for months. The last major update really did a number on the player base.
Though if they do what they claim to be doing on the next patch, I bet it'll come up pretty fast.

Going with Helldivers 2 going on Xbox Series X/S
Why would they do that?

quest4441

Veteran
27 Feb 2024
It is. I think this week's peak players are the lowest it's ever been, and it's been on a steady decline for months. The last major update really did a number on the player base.
Though if they do what they claim to be doing on the next patch, I bet it'll come up pretty fast.
Helldivers 2 is the classic case of a poor person suddenly winning a lottery and not knowing what to do with all that money and squandering it, The game should have seen a steady increase in more bat shit insane weapons and creatures to kill but instead all we got are nerfs and stupid useless/uncool armors

Impulse

21 Apr 2023
yeah it is, but they are going to turn it around and it'll be good again. Just will take 4-6 months imo
It's literally not.

Other games would kill to have 30000 ccu on Steam alone (PS numbers are not public).

The game already sold over 12 million, it's a roaring financial success already.

On Demand

Veteran
Icon Extra
30 Jul 2022
It’s probably HD2 on Xbox.

Current Sony is that damn dumb to do that.

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
It's literally not.

Other games would kill to have 30000 ccu on Steam alone (PS numbers are not public).

The game already sold over 12 million, it's a roaring financial success already.
hd2sep.jpg

note it's down to #85 in top sellers, and the playercount is trending down instead of staying steady. The launch momentum is gone and recent reviews are trending negative. The community has run out of patience for all the bugs and nerfs in the game.

Maybe you don't follow or play this game but I do, and I pay attention. The game is literally dying, and the devs are scrambling to save it. They even posted a "60 day turn-around plan" manifesto on reddit to try to placate the community, and they're doing a roadmap update on Thursday to lay out their plans.

Trust me, Arrowhead is not sitting around and basking in glory. They're in crisis mode right now.

Impulse

21 Apr 2023
View attachment 5516

note it's down to #85 in top sellers, and the playercount is trending down instead of staying steady. The launch momentum is gone and recent reviews are trending negative. The community has run out of patience for all the bugs and nerfs in the game.

Maybe you don't follow or play this game but I do, and I pay attention. The game is literally dying, and the devs are scrambling to save it. They even posted a "60 day turn-around plan" manifesto on reddit to try to placate the community, and they're doing a roadmap update on Thursday to lay out their plans.

Trust me, Arrowhead is not sitting around and basking in glory. They're in crisis mode right now.
They're not basking in glory because they want more money, not because they are in a hole. Each one of those copies came with at least $40 attached to it. They sold 12m of those already.

This isn't The Finals where you get 200k ccu 1st day on Steam alone, then come out of it with a financial disappointment because you weren't able to monetize that massive audience when you had it.

Also this entire conversation doesn't cover PS CCUs, which could be anything (certainly not zero).

I don't blame you though, this industry is completely opaque with numbers and it drives a lot of very bad quality discussions about the industry and it's health.

Like compare this to the film industry, you can check and see if a film is profitable or not with a simple Google search. You can check Drake's latest track play numbers on Spotify with a glance at the app, meanwhile we are trying to somehow recreate the entire industry's figures from mat piscatella and Chris dring tweets.

Utterly pathetic state of affairs if you ask me.

Status
Not open for further replies.