billbil-kun: I'm still investigating about another of PlayStation's exclusives coming very soon at least to one 'specific' platform

Status
Not open for further replies.
24 Jun 2022
Other FF titles were released on Day 1 on PC/Xbox. It’s over a year old and completely irrelevant for PS at this point. Also, maybe more people should have bought the game on PS5 instead of just parading it on social media for console warring, and maybe it would have stayed exclusive. PlayStation securing a full year of exclusivity should be celebrated by PS fans, not condemned, after knowing sales were not good enough.

Buddy, more than 3.4 million people did buy the game on PS5, and that was within the first couple of weeks. 1+ year out and the number's probably closer to 5 million. So we can stop with the disingenuous take that nobody bought the game; it's no one's fault but SE's expecting 10 million at launch for a game that was already divisive among the core fandom.

Besides, if anything Xbox is not the platform that will give any substantial additive in sales; that platform would be Steam. But likely even more so than Steam, would be the Switch. Unfortunately the Switch is too weak to run the game and Switch 2 is still at least six months away from release.

The only way Xbox can be of significance for XVI is through a Game Pass deal which almost guarantees no Xbox version until early 2025; SE wouldn't want to cut the legs out from a B2P Steam & EGS release right at the arrival of those two. They're going to milk XVI's multiplatform rollout as best they can.

Reactions: Lersds

Entropi

Veteran
Icon Extra
22 Jan 2023
Buddy, more than 3.4 million people did buy the game on PS5, and that was within the first couple of weeks. 1+ year out and the number's probably closer to 5 million. So we can stop with the disingenuous take that nobody bought the game; it's no one's fault but SE's expecting 10 million at launch for a game that was already divisive among the core fandom.

Besides, if anything Xbox is not the platform that will give any substantial additive in sales; that platform would be Steam. But likely even more so than Steam, would be the Switch. Unfortunately the Switch is too weak to run the game and Switch 2 is still at least six months away from release.

The only way Xbox can be of significance for XVI is through a Game Pass deal which almost guarantees no Xbox version until early 2025; SE wouldn't want to cut the legs out from a B2P Steam & EGS release right at the arrival of those two. They're going to milk XVI's multiplatform rollout as best they can.

I’m taking a shot at the people who want all the exclusives and at the same time beat FFXVI like a piñata for no particular reason and didn't even bother to play it. It was always a good game. Maybe you weren’t here back then.

quest4441

Veteran
27 Feb 2024
I’m taking a shot at the people who want all the exclusives and at the same time beat FFXVI like a piñata for no particular reason and didn't even bother to play it. It was always a good game. Maybe you weren’t here back then.
I dont know about others but I support Square more than sony 1st party lol, I always get the collector's edition and the digital deluxe for their games

Reactions: Entropi

Entropi

Veteran
Icon Extra
22 Jan 2023
I dont know about others but I support Square more than sony 1st party lol, I always get the collector's edition and the digital deluxe for their games

I did the same. I got the physical collectors and the digital deluxe. I guess we’re not part of the problem. Still, FF XVI going to other platforms a year after launch is irrelevant for PS.

voke

Veteran
10 Jan 2023
View attachment 5516

note it's down to #85 in top sellers, and the playercount is trending down instead of staying steady. The launch momentum is gone and recent reviews are trending negative. The community has run out of patience for all the bugs and nerfs in the game.

Maybe you don't follow or play this game but I do, and I pay attention. The game is literally dying, and the devs are scrambling to save it. They even posted a "60 day turn-around plan" manifesto on reddit to try to placate the community, and they're doing a roadmap update on Thursday to lay out their plans.

Trust me, Arrowhead is not sitting around and basking in glory. They're in crisis mode right now.
I’d imagine they made hundreds of millions in profits, paying for the last 7 years of development and some. it’s not free to play, they already got paid from the sale and whatever they got in DLC. Crisis mode is quite an hyperbole. If the game doesn’t pan out maybe a year or two of gaas, they pivot to a new project.

TrishaCat

Veteran
17 May 2024
If it winds up being FFXVI Xbox this is the most nothingburger news in the history of gaming nothingburgers. Most FF games are on Xbox these days it's not surprising nor interesting if it's FFXVI.

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
Helldivers 2 is the classic case of a poor person suddenly winning a lottery and not knowing what to do with all that money and squandering it, The game should have seen a steady increase in more bat shit insane weapons and creatures to kill but instead all we got are nerfs and stupid useless/uncool armors
It was also the perfect game to have certain crossover events with other a PlayStation universes... Just absolutely wasted potential because they had a dumb CEO who was more fixated on winning Twitter brown nosing points from the online crowd who eventually turned on him anyways

Entropi

Veteran
Icon Extra
22 Jan 2023
It was also the perfect game to have certain crossover events with other a PlayStation universes... Just absolutely wasted potential because they had a dumb CEO who was more fixated on winning Twitter brown nosing points from the online crowd who eventually turned on him anyways

That guy is the antithesis of Mark Cerny. At least in my opinion.

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
Arrowhead is open to have crossover stuff in the future, but ones that would fit the setting and tone of the brand and universe.

Meaning, don't want to turn it into a Fortnite where they put anything, or like CoD where they put stuff that doesn't align with the brand at all as happens in CoD.

But they have a limited team and that were focused not only in releasing new stuff but also fixing stuff they needed to fix. And also on growing the team because with the success they had their scope for the future got bigger.

That guy is the antithesis of Mark Cerny. At least in my opinion.
Do you miss Knack 3? ;P

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
Arrowhead is open to have crossover stuff in the future, but ones that would fit the setting and tone of the brand and universe.

Meaning, don't want to turn it into a Fortnite where they put anything, or like CoD where they put stuff that doesn't align with the brand at all as happens in CoD.

But they have a limited team and that were focused not only in releasing new stuff but also fixing stuff they needed to fix. And also on growing the team because with the success they had their scope for the future got bigger.

Do you miss Knack 3? ;P
ArrowHead also said they wanted to ame Helldivers 2 the best GaaS of all time... The Ex CEO said a lot of shit but they're incompetent.. Soo words are just words

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
I'd say the FFVII remake trilogy and FXVI are timed console exclusives instead of permanent console exclusives.

ArrowHead also said they wanted to ame Helldivers 2 the best GaaS of all time... The Ex CEO said a lot of shit but they're incompetent.. Soo words are just words
All parents want -or believe- their child is the prettiest and smartest one. But well...

peter42O

Veteran
12 Jan 2024
Why would they do that?

Better question would be, "why wouldn't they?"

It's about money, it's about business. It's that simple.

Sony is already a third party publisher with multiple games going to PC and more coming. MLB The Show, Bungie's games and the Lego Horizon Adventure game being a combination of PC, Switch and Xbox. The only true difference is that Microsoft is going at a faster pace and the games they're releasing are bigger names and will port the even bigger names sooner rather than later.

As for Helldivers 2, Sony doesn't own the studio and what harm will be done by porting the game to Xbox? Absolutely none. Shit will still be the same as it is now. Sony and PlayStation will still be dominant and fanboys/extremists will still be bitching. lol

• haha
Reactions: arvfab and Dr. E99

Entropi

Veteran
Icon Extra
22 Jan 2023

It's about money, it's about business. It's that simple.

Sony is already a third party publisher with multiple games going to PC and more coming. MLB The Show, Bungie's games and the Lego Horizon Adventure game being a combination of PC, Switch and Xbox. The only true difference is that Microsoft is going at a faster pace and the games they're releasing are bigger names and will port the even bigger names sooner rather than later.

As for Helldivers 2, Sony doesn't own the studio and what harm will be done by porting the game to Xbox? Absolutely none. Shit will still be the same as it is now. Sony and PlayStation will still be dominant and fanboys/extremists will still be bitching. lol

Absolutely no harm on porting their most successful GaaS game ever to Xbox? Damage their brand by porting to Xbox in exchange for a few pennies? What are you guys smoking?

Understand that the MLB and Lego licenses are not owned by Sony and that Bungie’s deal was for them to remain independent. Sony owns the HD IP. So, what the reason to port HD to Xbox, again?

peter42O

Veteran
12 Jan 2024
Absolutely no harm on porting their most successful GaaS game ever to Xbox? Damage their brand by porting to Xbox in exchange for a few pennies? What are you guys smoking?

Understand that the MLB and Lego licenses are not owned by Sony and that Bungie’s deal was for them to remain independent. Sony owns the HD IP. So, what the reason to port HD to Xbox, again?

Vast majority of their sales for Helldivers 2 are on PC. Outside of the fanboys/extremist nutjobs, no one else is going to give a shit because first and foremost, they already have the game and have been playing it on their PlayStation 5 so it changes nothing. Those who haven't aren't going to all off a sudden jump in so they're of no concern.

It literally damages nothing. Just like with Xbox, it's all about console wars/list wars and fanboyism/extremism. A regular consumer/gamer which is like 90% of those who own the consoles if not more simply don't give two shits about any of this. They buy their favorite console and play everything that they want on it and even if games get ported to PC or Switch or Xbox, they're not going anywhere especially if the play online games like Helldivers 2 and have their friends on PlayStation because unless they ALL leave, none of them are going anywhere.

Dr. E99

1 Sep 2024

Why is there always this ridiculous assumption that porting a game = brand diminishment?

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
Why is there always this ridiculous assumption that porting a game = brand diminishment?
Because it is lmao

I’d imagine they made hundreds of millions in profits, paying for the last 7 years of development and some. it’s not free to play, they already got paid from the sale and whatever they got in DLC. Crisis mode is quite an hyperbole. If the game doesn’t pan out maybe a year or two of gaas, they pivot to a new project.
You know you can literally see for yourself right? This is all public info.

Among others

Reactions: arvfab

ToTTenTranz

Veteran
Icon Extra
4 Aug 2023

Because the Xbox is a dying platform, they'd spend money porting the game to two different consoles with different performance tiers and then the chances of recouping that money would be slim to none.
And the portion of Xbox owners that still haven't forgotten the console aren't buying titles, they're just subscribing to GamePass.

Status
Not open for further replies.