billbil_kun: Horizon Forbidden West will soon be available on PC

Evilms

Graph Master
21 Jun 2022
horizon-forbidden-west-hfw.gif

Systemshock2023

Veteran
8 May 2023
I enjoyed HZD so let's see what this one is all about. I didn't expect it so soon. Would have thought ghosts or Demons souls would release first.

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
I'm so curious to see how this will sell on PC. It's gonna be such a shock to Playstation when it bombs

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
Excellent move from Playstation. Hopefully the next one is day and date.
It was released in February 2022, and the Sony games ported are normally released on around PC 2+ years after the original PS release.

So yes, I think it's likely it could be released on PC in December 2023-March 2024 if they decide to port it to PC, unless they prefer to push it back to release it around the same time than a movie/tv show adaptation.

Sony won't release their games day and date on PC other than some GaaS titles as exception. In fact, many won't be released on PC at all.

I'm so curious to see how this will sell on PC. It's gonna be such a shock to Playstation when it bombs
20.000 sales with 75% off and reviews talking about porting Demon Souls incoming 🤑🤑🤑
As a reference, the first Horizon sold until now around aprox. 2.5M copies on Steam and has 87.6% positive user reviews (91% for the recent ones).

Last edited:

flaccidsnake

Veteran
2 May 2023
It was released in February 2022, and the Sony games ported are normally released on around PC 2+ years after the original PS release.

So yes, I think it's likely it could be released on PC in December 2023-March 2024 if they decide to port it to PC, unless they prefer to push it back to release it around the same time than a movie/tv show adaptation.

Sony won't release their games day and date on PC other than some GaaS titles as exception. In fact, many won't be released on PC at all.
Playstation is still figuring out the division of labor wrt PC development. Once they're properly spun up, there will be no good reason to delay perfectly good PC ports.

• haha
Reactions: Ezekiel

Bodycount611

Veteran
1 Jul 2022
Playstation is still figuring out the division of labor wrt PC development. Once they're properly spun up, there will be no good reason to delay perfectly good PC ports.
selling consoles is a pretty good reason.

no one wants to see PlayStation games on PC day 1 besides jealous PC port beggars and Xbox owners who want to see PS5 devalued to the same extent as their xbox series.

PC gamers deserve nothing.

FatKaz

Veteran
16 Jul 2022
Yes there will be a good reason to delay.

I'll let you figure it out.

flaccidsnake

Veteran
2 May 2023
selling consoles is a pretty good reason.

no one wants to see PlayStation games on PC day 1 besides jealous PC port beggars and Xbox owners who want to see PS5 devalued to the same extent as their xbox series.

PC gamers deserve nothing.
You got it backwards friend. No one cares about over-protective system warriors. AAA game development has eclipsed hardware at this point, and Playstation is eager for access to new markets.

JAHGamer

Banned
8 May 2023
Always in a hurry to release the game on PC and cut the legs on PS5 just so it can flop like Ratchet, Returnal and Sackboy.

It makes no business sense.
Yeah, HZD sold 19m in 2 years as a ps4 exclusive. They put HFW on Ps Plus in less than a year after only 8m sales, and soon PC where it’ll sell terribly, be played for free, and further devalue the 3rd game. Sony is literally moving backwards.