Black Myth: Wukong has broken all time concurrent player number record for a single-player game on Steam (EDIT: Currently 2nd most played)

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
Asian games keep winning

Hopefully bullshit games are fucking done with after this.

Elden ring, ZZZ, black myth wukong. Astrobot killing shit like Concord. The money people are blind if they don't see where the market actually is.

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
Wow, that's incredible. I wonder how it's doing on PlayStation. Especially since it's the only console to have it....

Puff

Veteran
10 Jan 2023
9Yl1m3R.jpeg

PC-Gaming is really becoming more & more mainstream. Good Job Sony!

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Bryank75

quest4441

Veteran
27 Feb 2024
Wow, that's incredible. I wonder how it's doing on PlayStation. Especially since it's the only console to have it....
Its doing pretty well all things considered, its no 5 on US PSN overall list for the last couple of days. I think the hype, fomo will help it overall. Will it do college football/cod numbers in the west? Fuck no but then again it is no1 in every steam region that is tracked so who knows. But this is incredible to see, I think we will see a 300-400K peak even during europe/US peak hours which would again be mindboggling.

• fire

CrackmanNL

4 Apr 2024
Why the worry with PC version doing well? 1,4 million CCU happy for the devs! Despite all the politricks and unhinged adverse towards China, the devs delivered on their promise, no scamming BS like Cyberpunk! It's running well on PS5 from the vids I've seen, with 3 modes. If one of the biggest game of the year was not on the platform I would understand the sentiment.

This actually shows Sony has been doing the right thing going into China for dev talent and trying to establish a console space over there.
I'll be waiting on the physical version and by then probably play it on the Pro.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Entropi

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
Ummm… first of all. Crazy and unexpected.

I think Chinese gamers showed up for this one. Probably a historic moment tbh. Very cool to see.

Hezekiah

Veteran
23 Jul 2022
Amazing. Funny how many people were quick to write it off as vaporware even recently.

ToTTenTranz

Veteran
Icon Extra
4 Aug 2023
I think Chinese gamers showed up for this one.

This sounds like the most likely to me as well.

Regardless, congrats to the studio. It looks like a great game that I hope to get the time to play one day.
Though probably only after I upgrade my GPU, some years down the road.

Vertigo

26 Jun 2022
Ifs definitely some cultural celebration and a big, if not historic moment for Chinese gaming. Wukong has broken into AAA huge in mainstream gaming.

It’ll grow much bigger than this. This will lead to crazy hype that will make the rest of the world bite.

Sorta a Godzilla Minus One moment in the gaming sector where western devs just got embarrassed big time.

Sony’s partnerships with the Asian gaming sector has won them the next 20 years of console wars.

Vertigo

26 Jun 2022
At worst, it's a moment of learning for all the western devs going for the hero shooter gold fever. Or rather the second moment of learning in recent history.

Eh. You want different kinds of games. If Sony had released another third person action game vs Wukong would that be better?

It’s always nice to have something very different available. Like I wasn’t interested in Spider-Man 2; but there was Baldur’s Gate, Armored Core or Granblue as (once) niche alternatives.

Who owns Game Science? It seems tencent may have funded this etc… looking into now — so I can buy $5k worth of shares today 🤣

Reactions: The Icon