Black Myth: Wukong' is delayed on Xbox for 'optimizations' — says Microsoft

samoth

6 Jun 2024
It's funny to think that there are people who believe that the Series S has no problems running this game at a stable 30 fps and that it's the fault of Sony's money that it doesn't come out on Xbox, you can't cope harder.

Old Gamer

Veteran
Founder
5 Aug 2022
If I were them, I would go and sign a marketing deal with Sony, then publicly announce that I did it because this P.O.S. was running around spewing crap.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: 2spooky5me

Evilnemesis8

Veteran
19 Dec 2023
There is very likely no deal in place. This is a prioritization of resources.

The most important version of this game is going to be the PC version, followed by the PS5 version and a VERY VERY distant third with Xbox. Heck, I suspect that in this particular case, the PS5 version is going to be a distant 2nd.

Most wishlisted game on Steam by far and looking at the last few weeks, and it is being pre-ordered at a ridiculous rate in China compared to the rest of the world. If the game continues on the current trajectory it is on and is not a technical disaster at launch, it's going to be one of the best selling games of the year. Almost entirely off the back of the Chinese market.

• Informative
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

saltyashell

11 Feb 2024
More Xbox PR spin from Jez "I never claimed to be a journalist" Corden

Also, the PC spec requirements list 16GB of RAM as a minimum. It must be running like a slide show on the Series S
Michael Jordan Lol GIF

Entropi

Veteran
Icon Extra
22 Jan 2023
Those evil, deceptive Sony executives are giving away Xbox controllers and PC graphic cards to hide the massive money-hat deals and keep Xbox gamers from playing the game.

reziel

Veteran
12 Jun 2023
T
There is very likely no deal in place. This is a prioritization of resources.

The most important version of this game is going to be the PC version, followed by the PS5 version and a VERY VERY distant third with Xbox. Heck, I suspect that in this particular case, the PS5 version is going to be a distant 2nd.

Most wishlisted game on Steam by far and looking at the last few weeks, and it is being pre-ordered at a ridiculous rate in China compared to the rest of the world. If the game continues on the current trajectory it is on and is not a technical disaster at launch, it's going to be one of the best selling games of the year. Almost entirely off the back of the Chinese market.
There isnt a deal in place Game Science already stated that the delay for Xbox is because of the consoles they have to work with. Plus if the exclusive deal was a thing Playstation would be marketing it every chance they get. This is just Microsoft stirring the pot because they're being left behind again just like with Baldurs Gate 3 and this is their reach around attempt to try and gather support to nudge the devs to delay the game in all platforms so they won't lose money.

2spooky5me

12 May 2024
A lot of these Bots don't even give an EFF about this game.
Before it was known what platforms it would be on, they were throwing around so many bigoted comments, just because the game is made in the Far East.

And never let down the fact Alannah Pearce and her simps were also trying to get this game cancelled.
Xbox does NOT deserve this game, just like any Square Enix/Capcom made game (also, never let down their "J*P C**P" BS).

JAHGamer

Veteran
8 May 2023
"Wants to know what the optimization issues are" LOL

It's the console, that's the issue.
Yep, he is acting so oblivious. He tried to start this exact same witch hunt against Baldur's Gate 3, but they're a much more established and responsive team and quickly squashed his lies.

This is GameScience's first game, all they're focused on is launching the game. They probably don't know or care about what clowns like this have to say.

GQmxcMVXQAAx11R