Black Myth: Wukong |OT|

voke

Veteran
10 Jan 2023
black-myth-wukong-video-shx1t.png

Just wanted to make a thread for anyone else who is playing it as well. I like the game a whole lot, just beat
Black Bear Guai

Entropi

Veteran
Icon Extra
22 Jan 2023
I had a chance to play it last night and killed the wandering wight at the beginning of the game, but I couldn't pick up the loot because I’m under-leveled. Am I screwed for a platinum run?

Reactions: Bryank75

Doncortez77

Veteran
8 Jan 2023
Thanks for making the OT.
I'm playing, too, and I'm surprised it took this long to get an OT here. I guess it's more entertaining to talk about gaming and complain about it here than actually playing the games. Let's hope this thread is followed up with discussions about the game itself and does not get buried to the 2nd or 3rd page because it's not a typical doom and gloom, political, or complain-about gaming thread.

I wish this game had taken advantage of the dual sense features because the combat would have felt so much better with the feedback. It's a fun game so far, even though I feel the rock minions in the 2nd chapter are annoying when they bunch up on you.

I just beat the Tiger Boss in Chapter 2 and got a new ability

• Heart
Reactions: voke
OP
OP
voke

voke

Veteran
10 Jan 2023
I had a chance to play it last night and killed the wandering wight at the beginning of the game, but I couldn't pick up the loot because I’m under-leveled. Am I screwed for a platinum run?
Is the loot gone after you leave the area? That dude fucked me up for like 30 minutes lol.

Thanks for making the OT.
I'm playing, too, and I'm surprised it took this long to get an OT here. I guess it's more entertaining to talk about gaming and complain about it here than actually playing the games. Let's hope this thread is followed up with discussions about the game itself and does not get buried to the 2nd or 3rd page because it's not a typical doom and gloom, political, or complain-about gaming thread.

I wish this game had taken advantage of the dual sense features because the combat would have felt so much better with the feedback. It's a fun game so far, even though I feel the rock minions in the 2nd chapter are annoying when they bunch up on you.

I just beat the Tiger Boss in Chapter 2 and got a new ability
Yeah I've been waiting myself lol. I agree I think it's very fun, it's definitely it's own thing, the no guarding reminds me of Bloodborne but the combat feel feels like a slower Team Ninja game (especially the transformations, right out of Nioh 2) . I think I have a good grasp on the combo system/stance switching alongside the mana abilities, I can see it coming together gorgeously by the end. Wandering Wight summon has been carrying so far!

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Entropi

FatKaz

Veteran
16 Jul 2022
How is the side content between bosses?

Is it just fighting random enemies and smaller bosses?

Is there any story/lore to discover inbetween?

Reactions: Entropi

Doncortez77

Veteran
8 Jan 2023
Is the loot gone after you leave the area? That dude fucked me up for like 30 minutes lol.

Yeah I've been waiting myself lol. I agree I think it's very fun, it's definitely it's own thing, the no guarding reminds me of Bloodborne but the combat feel feels like a slower Team Ninja game. I think I have a good grasp on the combo system/stance switching alongside the mana abilities, I can see it coming together gorgeously by the end. Wandering Wight summon has been carrying so far!
Speaking of slow, the sprint seems like a light jog in this game instead of actually running unless a faster-speed sprint is unlocked later on. Also, the 2nd chapter is a little annoying, with the bow snipers on top of the building and the lack of range ablities to take them out. With some of the minor annoyances aside, I'm enjoying it so far, and I look forward to unlocking some more abilities later on, especially one from the beginning.

The one ability where you have multiple clones of yourself fighting - so far, that's not unlocked yet in Chapter 2

Last edited:
  • they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Entropi and voke

quest4441

Veteran
27 Feb 2024

There is a story with great cutscenes, there are npc's you do quests for. You can make pills for stats, find different armors. There are great lore indexes to read if you are into that. The have these stop motion hand drawn animation cutscenes too, there are secret areas with bosses to look for. I am still in chapter 2 and have already played for about 10 hrs, there is so much to find if you dont just rush though the straight path.

OP
OP
voke

voke

Veteran
10 Jan 2023
There is a story with great cutscenes, there are npc's you do quests for. You can make pills for stats, find different armors. There are great lore indexes to read if you are into that. The have these stop motion hand drawn animation cutscenes too, there are secret areas with bosses to look for. I am still in chapter 2 and have already played for about 10 hrs, there is so much to find if you dont just rush though the straight path.
I was blown away by the hand drawn animation after chapter 1... that was a highlight for me.

Reactions: quest4441

Doncortez77

Veteran
8 Jan 2023

so far, I'm in chapter 2, and there aren't a lot of side quests. There is a few that you stumble along while exploring but not that many that I found so far. This game isn't a boss rush mode; you will fight random enemies on the map that you can level up to get stronger and eventually defeat the boss and mini-bosses in the area.

The lore is based on the Monkey King, or Sun Wukong from the Chinese Novel Journey to the West. Its not telling lore like it does in Elden ring where you reading things that you picked up, its being told in the story.

Reactions: FatKaz

quest4441

Veteran
27 Feb 2024
On steam its easier to keep track for the achievements as there are 81, dont know why its reduced on PS

KvallyX

Veteran
Icon Extra
13 Nov 2023
Your Mom
There seems to be a lot of confusion about whether the game is difficult or not. Some say it's super easy, and some say it's difficult. Some say you can make it easy by leveling your character?

So by that, do you mean I would need to find a way to keep killing the easy enemies in chapter 1 over and over and over and over and over to build up my character, then beating the boss will be a breeze?

And as I have said before, I can't GIT GUD, but the game looks appealing.

• brain
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

quest4441

Veteran
27 Feb 2024
There seems to be a lot of confusion about whether the game is difficult or not. Some say it's super easy, and some say it's difficult. Some say you can make it easy by leveling your character?

So by that, do you mean I would need to find a way to keep killing the easy enemies in chapter 1 over and over and over and over and over to build up my character, then beating the boss will be a breeze?

And as I have said before, I can't GIT GUD, but the game looks appealing.
Except for the final chapter 1 boss every other mini boss and boss is easy in chapter 1. Most bosses are easy but some are skill checks so you have to go get transformations that counter said boss, you can also weaken the final boss of each chapter doing the secret areas of the level. So yeah its not as hard as elden ring/soulslikes but also not very easy that you can breeze through it

• Informative
  • fire
Reactions: KvallyX and Entropi

KvallyX

Veteran
Icon Extra
13 Nov 2023
Your Mom
Except for the final chapter 1 boss every other mini boss and boss is easy in chapter 1. Most bosses are easy but some are skill checks so you have to go get transformations that counter said boss, you can also weaken the final boss of each chapter doing the secret areas of the level. So yeah its not as hard as elden ring/soulslikes but also not very easy that you can breeze through it
So there are things I can do before hand to make the boss challenges much easier, if I am reading that correctly. Thank you.

quest4441

Veteran
27 Feb 2024
So there are things I can do before hand to make the boss challenges much easier, if I am reading that correctly. Thank you.
Yes for example the big white wolf shown in trailers - lingxuzi is weak to fire so if you have the red tides (fire wolf) monster transformation it makes the fight much much easier

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
read in a lot of places, that this game kinda like old God Of War games.. sounds pretty good.