Black Myth: Wukong |OT|

Alabtrosmyster

Veteran
26 Jun 2022
I found this review, the game seems pretty good, I may give it a try.
God of War 3 was my favorite along with God of War Ghost of Sparta on PSP.
I agree for GoW 3, but I prefer the PS2 games over the PSP ones :p

I wish the next instalment is less heavy in the controls, replaying 1 to 3 made me feel how games made to be fun can be "fun".

OP
OP
voke

voke

Veteran
10 Jan 2023
I’m in chapter 3 now… very fun game but I do think out of the new AAA Asian devs(Lies of P, Stellar Blade), this is the weakest one. The art style in this game is gorgeous but I think Stellar Blade is graphically superior. So far feeling a mild 7-8, but I still have ways to go.

My issues really are about the gameplay… it just feels a bit unintuitive at times, despite looking amazing.

KvallyX

Veteran
Icon Extra
13 Nov 2023
Your Mom
I watched this on Twitch yesterday for a bit at work. It truly does look a bit too difficult for me. I watched this guy fight a boss multiple times. Even one time the guy had like 80% health left, and he had the boss to half way, then all of a sudden the boss did some crazy ass pummeling to him and the guy playing died instantly. Started ALL over again.
The boss was a rock/boulder like thing, that stood up after he went over and touched him, reminded me a bit of Korg from MCU

Reactions: rofif and Bryank75
OP
OP
voke

voke

Veteran
10 Jan 2023
I watched this on Twitch yesterday for a bit at work. It truly does look a bit too difficult for me. I watched this guy fight a boss multiple times. Even one time the guy had like 80% health left, and he had the boss to half way, then all of a sudden the boss did some crazy ass pummeling to him and the guy playing died instantly. Started ALL over again.
The boss was a rock/boulder like thing, that stood up after he went over and touched him, reminded me a bit of Korg from MCU
Yeah it's a soulslike thru and thru, only comparison I can make to GoW its the power fantasy aspect.

Reactions: KvallyX

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
someone building a map.

maybe something missing, still can be helpful. first 3 chapters almost done.
ENG made
article

in chinese, all chapters.

Last edited:

rofif

...owns a 3080...why?
24 Jun 2022
So legit good or just Chinese players increasing numbers?
I know ps5 version is supposedly trash but so people said about dragons dogma 2 and I played it just fine on ps5.
This seems more like a pc game tho

quest4441

Veteran
27 Feb 2024
I know ps5 version is supposedly trash but so people said about dragons dogma 2 and I played it just fine on ps5.
Looks better on and plays better on PC, which is to be expected, RT on with all the bells and whistles of UE 5 make this a looker certainly. It has some input delay on PS 5 on performance mode due to frame generation, took me some time to adjust. Hope they patch and improve the 40 fps mode

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
I just finished chapter 2. Honestly was not expecting this to contend for my GotY this year, but I'm getting the feeling it's going to be, if not the frontrunner, at least in the top 2-3. I actually expected FF7R to be far and away but Wukong is really making a case so far. That stop motion cutscene at the end of ch2 was really fun. I have no idea what the reviewers were smoking because this is clearly at least a 9.5/10. (*edit* playing on PC, idk how the ps5 version is)

rofif

...owns a 3080...why?
24 Jun 2022
Looks better on and plays better on PC, which is to be expected, RT on with all the bells and whistles of UE 5 make this a looker certainly. It has some input delay on PS 5 on performance mode due to frame generation, took me some time to adjust. Hope they patch and improve the 40 fps mode
Why is there no normal 30fps mode without any fsr crap it’s crazy. Incompetent devs.
Also doing 60 from 30 is exactly what you don’t do with frame gen. It’s to be used at 100+ fps

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
Supposedly... Digital Foundry are honest, they aren't spreading FUD, believe it 😂

• fire
Reactions: Alabtrosmyster

Entropi

Veteran
Icon Extra
22 Jan 2023

The PS5 version is trash? Really? My copy must be defective because it runs fine.

Reactions: rofif and voke

Alabtrosmyster

Veteran
26 Jun 2022
I got the Steam version (on CDkeys it's cheaper and the Canadian taxes aren't added to it, so I saved about 30%)... anyway, I think this is just Chinese players, the controls are stiff, there is something wrong with the camera movement (it accelerates strangely).

I will play it some more to see if I get used to it, but I am not impressed by the gameplay at all.

If I had bought it directly from Steam I would have refunded it.

Reactions: rofif

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
man I must stop watching df.
Nx gamer, moores law podcast and nick930 are all better.
I mean... gotta give DF a credit where it's due but their stuff is often omitting some important stuff and focusing on some bs
watch NXGaming review of the game.

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
I am watching right now.
He is much less harsh on ps5 version and mentions stutters on pc much more.
DF seems oddly PC apologetic in comparison
It's Alex battaglia, hilariously he used to be on a 2080 ti or some shit until last year, so he was extra salty because the PS5 wasn't too much worse than his gpu