Black Myth: Wukong Preview |OT| Release Date Trailer | Confront Destiny on August 20, 2024. |UP| Supposedly runs at 1440p/60 fps on PS5.

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
I think the game is really damn good, but the narrative around it hasn't been as glowing as a GOTY usually is due to PS5 haters complaints about exclusivity. In that sense I think this year is pretty wide open compared to the past few years with BG3 and Elden Ring.
God of War R was better than elden ring in all aspects, except build variety, just because it isn't that type of game.

Petekilla

Veteran
16 Jun 2023
For me i would like to see a platformer game win this year ( Astrobot)
Me too. But platformers in gaming now are treated like the toys of gaming. They’re fun, but they don’t take them too seriously when it comes to winning GOTY. Mario Odyssey got a 97 Meta, yet HZD got more GOTY publications. The reason why It Takes Two won GOTY in 2021 was because it was a very weak year.

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
Me too. But platformers in gaming now are treated like the toys of gaming. They’re fun, but they don’t take them too seriously when it comes to winning GOTY. Mario Odyssey got a 97 Meta, yet HZD got more GOTY publications. The reason why It Takes Two won GOTY in 2021 was because it was a very weak year.
It Takes Two is really that good.

• haha
Reactions: PlacidusaX

PlacidusaX

Veteran
24 Oct 2022
If Wu Kong won 2024 GOTY its gona be the third time in recent years a soulsborne game won GOTY after Sekiro and Elden Ring

As much as i I like this genre i hope other game wins this year
Demon's Souls won GOTY.
This game doesn't have a chance.

Reactions: Airbus

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
What other contenders are there for GOTY?

FF7remake
Astrobot?

Dragons Dogma 2 failed to keep up the hype the media put on in.

Basically 2 PS5 exclusives so expect absolute hell from media to get another title
as GOTY

YeezyDude

17 Jun 2024
Denmark
What is the PS5 Pro did 2K at 120fps?
Hmm that depends on the game... But I could see it been able to achieve that if PSSR is been used on the game running in 2K @ 120 FPS but I don't think most or even all open world games might be able to do that on the PS5 Pro... But maybe the PS6 once it's out though 🤷‍♂️

• Informative
Reactions: KvallyX

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022

FF7remake
Astrobot?

Basically 2 PS5 exclusives so expect absolute hell from media to get another title
as GOTY
Yakuza? Unicorn Overlord?

26 Nov 2023

FF7remake
Astrobot?

as GOTY

Infinite Wealth and Balatro will likely be contenders.

Reactions: Kokoloko

John Elden Ring

The Thread Maker
Content Creator
5 Jul 2022
United States
5anLCOo.png

Remedy just released new info about upcoming projects:
  • Codename Condor (Control multiplayer spin-off)
    • Full production since March of this year
    • Now focusing on creating multiple maps and types of missions
    • Currently playtesting both internally and externally (in limited capacity)
  • Max Payne remakes
    • Entered full production in Q2
    • Current goal is to have the game in an early functional state from beginning to end
  • Control 2
    • Entered production readiness phase in Q2, the final one before full production
    • Important milestone achieved in Q2: created a build showcasing important features in playable form
    • The production is currently scaling up
    • Remedy is also talking to potential partners but still hasn't decided if they'll self-publish or find a publisher for Control 2 and Condor
  • Alan Wake 2
    • Recouped most of the costs but still not fully
    • Currently working on the second expansion The Lake House