Black Myth: Wukong | Review Thread

What scores do you think Black Myth: Wukong will get?

• 50-59%

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 60-65%

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 66-69%

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • 70-74%

• 75-79%

• 80-84%

Votes: 8 34.8%
  • 85-89%

Votes: 9 39.1%
  • 90-94%

• 99-100%

Votes: 2 8.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
While I think these topics have nothing to do with the game…

It is not good to send keys asking to not talk about them lol
It is like telling journalists to how to their work that can make some not “comfortable”.

To be fair their process to give review codes were not good at all.

They hey can do better in the next game… after all it is their first.
tales from your ass, again?

of course it is good idea, remember urinalist that their job is not virtue signalling but write about the game.

and yet, despite warnings, some manage to write still about feminism.

acting like other devs or pubs doesn't have even stricter rules about reviews, pathetic attempt to shit on devs.

Reactions: Would_you_kindly

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022

of course it is good idea, remember urinalist that their job is not virtue signalling but write about the game.

acting like other devs or pubs doesn't have even stricter rules about reviews, pathetic attempt to shit on devs.
Tbh they definitely should learn from this experience and not send codes to outlets that push political agendas. It would be similarly terrible if journalists were marking the game down for coming from a communist country. It's not relevant to the game and your primary job as a game reviewer is to give the audience a review of the product, not a diatribe about your personal political views.

Reactions: ethomaz

TrishaCat

Veteran
17 May 2024
Chinakeys were sent to journalists with a request not to mention certain topics, such as feminism or opinions about China. Other forbidden topics are words such as ‘quarantine’ or ‘isolation' or 'COVID-19.

Document
Cringe. And not the good kind of cringe. Weirdest way to make me not wanna play your game

• thinking_hard
Reactions: anonpuffs

quest4441

Veteran
27 Feb 2024
I don't know why the journalists are getting mad this game is coming from a country that is the glorious peak of communism which they are all for ushering in the states and the west. Don't tell me these dumbfucks are delusional to think that they will keep all the rights of the constitution under communism.

• haha
Reactions: Shmunter

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
I don't know why the journalists are getting mad this game is coming from a country that is the glorious peak of communism which they are all for ushering in the states and the west. Don't tell me these dumbfucks are delusional to think that they will keep all the rights of the constitution under communism.
We don't even have those rights under "democracy" given our current supreme court.

Reactions: Would_you_kindly

quest4441

Veteran
27 Feb 2024
We don't even have those rights under "democracy" given our current supreme court.
That is a whole different can of worms and frankly I prefer when the right/conservative side is in power at least then the majority doesn't have to cater to the minority and the economy is generally good. They talk about white privilege, maybe they should visit west virginia once in their life.

• thinking_hard
Reactions: anonpuffs

ethomaz

Rebolation!
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz

Nobody should have “rules” about reviews:..

If you can understand what others are talking just shut up.

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
That is a whole different can of worms and frankly I prefer when the right/conservative side is in power at least then the majority doesn't have to cater to the minority and the economy is generally good. They talk about white privilege, maybe they should visit west virginia once in their life.
You are brainwashed. This country has always, ALWAYS catered to the minority. And the minority they cater to is wealthy white guys (i.e. the top 1%)

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: FatKaz

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
Nobody should have “rules” about reviews:..

If you can understand what others are talking just shut up.
you are talking nonsense. everyone has rules of engagement. even your parents have rules of engagement with you, neighbours etc etc, especially in the business as in this case. all devs/pubs has rules. are you 3 years old? fucking hell. lowest IQ comment possible.

quest4441

Veteran
27 Feb 2024
You are brainwashed. This country has always, ALWAYS catered to the minority. And the minority they cater to is wealthy white guys (i.e. the top 1%)
Dude I have no skin in the game to be brainwashed, I work overseas and hardly come back stateside maybe 1-2 months for some meetings and the holidays. I have no plans to even stay in the states after I get my PR in the country I work.

TrishaCat

Veteran
17 May 2024
If I'm a reviewer streaming a game I'm gonna talk about whatever I want and if devs don't like it tough.
"Rules of engagement"
This is not a one on one conversation between two people this is a game being streamed and reviewed. A game dev telling someone to not talk about feminism only makes me think they have bad opinions about women and minorities. And also I don't like being told what I can and cannot say about a game. Talking about how a game depicts women for example is a perfectly reasonable thing to discuss.
This imo is the dev putting a rake in front of themselves and walking into it. If they said nothing at all it would've been all the better.

I hope you don't also defend Atlus requesting people not to stream late game story stuff for their games

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
If I'm a reviewer streaming a game I'm gonna talk about whatever I want and if devs don't like it tough.
i think that's fine if you are buying your own copy, but if they are providing a key to it, you need to stick to the rules they set regardless if you like it or not.

If you don't want to, don't accept the review copy.

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
i think that's fine if you are buying your own copy, but if they are providing a key to it, you need to stick to the rules they set regardless if you like it or not.

Blow Your Mind Wow GIF by Product Hunt

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
"Rules of engagement"
This is not a one on one conversation between two people this is a game being streamed and reviewed. A game dev telling someone to not talk about feminism only makes me think they have bad opinions about women and minorities. And also I don't like being told what I can and cannot say about a game. Talking about how a game depicts women for example is a perfectly reasonable thing to discuss.
This imo is the dev putting a rake in front of themselves and walking into it. If they said nothing at all it would've been all the better.

I hope you don't also defend Atlus requesting people not to stream late game story stuff for their games
What kind of entitled attitude is this? No one owes you a review copy and if you accept a code for review you need to abide by the terms they set. Otherwise buy your own copy at launch and you can talk about whatever you want.

TrishaCat

Veteran
17 May 2024

I think it's a dumb requirement but fair enough. It's a free game key from the dev so if you wanna take from them gotta play by their rules. Personally, if these were the rules placed on me I would simply not review it

Eggman

12 Apr 2023
The stuff about the reviews was all bullshit and being spread and propagated by Xbox shills as usual because they have targeted this game for the devs remarks about Xbox and skipping the platform

ethomaz

Rebolation!
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
What about plot points, late stages, spoilers?
But that is more about the reviewer values than about publisher/developer forcing reviewers.

A reviewer giving spoilers, key entry plots, etc will eventually be ignored or not have a job at all.

Etiquette and ethics are key values your build over your life… not something forced upon you.

But of course that is my opinion only.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
The stuff about the reviews was all bullshit and being spread and propagated by Xbox shills as usual because they have targeted this game for the devs remarks about Xbox and skipping the platform

Yeap…

Being fake makes sense because like I said before it should be ridiculous bad if happened.

They already did a bad job only giving PC codes 🤷‍♂️