Black Myth: Wukong | Review Thread

What scores do you think Black Myth: Wukong will get?

• 50-59%

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 60-65%

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 66-69%

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • 70-74%

• 75-79%

• 80-84%

Votes: 8 34.8%
  • 85-89%

Votes: 9 39.1%
  • 90-94%

• 99-100%

Votes: 2 8.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
OP
OP
John Elden Ring

John Elden Ring

The Thread Maker
Content Creator
5 Jul 2022
United States
This’ll be like Stellar Blade where reviews are biased against it cuz of irrelevant “controversy”

The review is biased, she docks points because of sexist allegations:

K2JA71h.jpeg

ethomaz

Rebolation!
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Reviews are coming up

4VDHMhJ.png
Doesn't look to be controversial at all.

The main point of the review is that the game has a lot of issues and it is not polished at all.
And called it out last week if the story of no PS5 review code was true.

Review only PC codes will lead to that low scores.
The game probably has a lot of issues going by that review.

BTW this site give Stelar Blade 4.5/5 and most Sony exclusives got high praise too... so I don't see bias here yet.

quest4441

Veteran
27 Feb 2024
Wtf is dyeing your hair in alien colors, first it was blue and purple and now its friggin lime green. Man gaming really attracts the weirdos of society nowadays before it was fine when only nerds were the main consumers

ethomaz

Rebolation!
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
I would not trust that review. She was clearly biased because of the IGN fake sexism allegations, it was the second paragraph of the review
We will see if her points proves to be true or not but just quoting a "controversial" story over the game at the start of the reviews doesn't make it biased imo.
It just give points to tell readers what games they are talking about... it is well know journalist skill... first you introduce the subject with the it biggest awards or controversial stories to get attention.

If the game mechanics are really junky and the bosses not good enough like she said (she reviewed the PC version) then I agree with the score.
Remember good gameplay and bosses are part of what made souls game so appreciated.

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
We will see if her points proves to be true or not but just quoting a "controversial" story over the game at the start of the reviews doesn't make it biased imo.
It just give points to tell readers what games they are talking about... it is well know journalist skill... first you introduce the subject with the it biggest awards or controversial stories to get attention.

If the game mechanics are really junky and the bosses not good enough like she said (she reviewed the PC version) then I agree with the score.
Remember good gameplay and bosses are part of what made souls game so appreciated.
"Good gameplay", souls was nothing but janky, before Team Ninja came to me picture.

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
God is a Geek just blew out that trash review.

"Hands down, one of this year's best action games - Black Myth: Wukong is a flurry of sublime combat and expert boss design."

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
Another review:

"the game looks incredible, offers deep and engaging combat and a unique blend of mechanics is even more impressive"

• fire
Reactions: Bryank75

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
84 MC score after 30 reviews, it's too early but seems I wasn't too wrong with my prediction:
https://www.metacritic.com/game/black-myth-wukong/

I haven't seen enough, I don't know these devs and haven't read any impressions on it. Just saw a few trailers, so I can't make a proper prediction.

But for what I saw, I think it may deserve 85-89%, but anti-PS and and anti-China sentiment of some reviewers will drop it to 80-84% or so. Or who knows if even 75-79%.

I voted 80-84%.
A few things I missed were dumb woke nonsense and PC specific issues negatively affecting the score. Two of the three worst scores comes from Windows Central and Stevivor, as expected for a (temporal) PS console exclusive.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Bryank75