[Bloomberg] Rockstar to announce GTA VI this week

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
Cool, will be good to see what they have in store...

Will be able to make some preliminary judgement on the direction they're going.

Danja1187

Veteran
10 Mar 2023
Just want that darn trailer so bad. I can't wait to return back to Vice City. The most anticipated Game of all time, they must be feeling the pressure.

historia

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Jun 2023
If they have the opportunity to lock it down for a year or two, it would be stupid not to and a great time to push sales into overdrive.
I wouldn't be surprised if Sony locked it as a PS5 exclusive for 12 months.

PC development is a no go at launch, the green base won't buy games, 2 SKUs development over there.

Jim Ryan last surprise before he left.

How much it would cost, probably 100-150M.

Also Sony didn't project 25M next year to for no reason

Danja1187

Veteran
10 Mar 2023
Will be interesting to see if they release it on pc day 1, if not its gonna sell a lot of ps5’s
Assuming PS5 has marketing, Sony will definitely make sure it is treated like an Exclusive the way they did Destiny. A lot of casuals will go for a console over PC.

Let's just hope they do bundles, face plates, controllers all that stuff. Dominate everywhere with ads and they're good. Definitely has potential to give them one of their biggest sales months ever.

Danja1187

Veteran
10 Mar 2023

PC development is a no go at launch, the green base won't buy games, 2 SKUs development over there.

It's nice to want expensive things but this will never happen. The game will sell millions on Xbox first week too.

historia

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Jun 2023
How much though.

2 millions is 140 million USD
1-1.5millions is 70-100 million USD.

If sale is 4-1 in favor of Sony, which we have seen, Sony could moneyhat it easily.

Also RDR1 remastered didn't skip the platform for no reason. Not worth the effort imo.

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
It's nice to want expensive things but this will never happen. The game will sell millions on Xbox first week too.

How much it would cost, probably 100-150M.

Also Sony didn't project 25M next year to for no reason

Only thing I would differ on, is that I think it would cost much more and I also don't expect such a big move from Jimbo... not after so many disappointments with him.

But if it or something like it happened, It would be a great surprise and at least improve the perception I have of him as he leaves.

Reactions: Diah

historia

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Jun 2023
Only thing I would differ on, is that I think it would cost much more and I also don't expect such a big move from Jimbo... not after so many disappointments with him.

But if it or something like it happened, It would be a great surprise and at least improve the perception I have of him as he leaves.
circa PS Showcase 2020.

Reactions: Bryank75