[Bloomberg] Rockstar to announce GTA VI this week

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
I wouldn't be surprised if Sony locked it as a PS5 exclusive for 12 months.

PC development is a no go at launch, the green base won't buy games, 2 SKUs development over there.

Jim Ryan last surprise before he left.

How much it would cost, probably 100-150M.

Also Sony didn't project 25M next year to for no reason
There is absolutely 0 chance Sony gets a 12 month exclusive. Even 3 months is not gonna happen. The most that's going to happen is marketing rights and maybe like a week of early access/beta, or some in game stuff

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
no ......they actually want to make money
The industry is ready to lose everything to make Xbox happen. Look who we're dealing with here:

Say1nMan

Veteran
28 Jul 2023
If there's a trailer at the Game Awards that will be a huge get for Geoff. Rockstar never cared about E3 so them showing a trailer for GTA at Game Awards would be something cause Rockstar has always been about showing their stuff off on their own time.

Say1nMan

Veteran
28 Jul 2023
There is absolutely 0 chance Sony gets a 12 month exclusive. Even 3 months is not gonna happen. The most that's going to happen is marketing rights and maybe like a week of early access/beta, or some in game stuff
Sony can smell that GTA 6 PS5 bundle coming. Lol.

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
The industry is ready to lose everything to make Xbox happen. Look who we're dealing with here:

That's dumb. Strauss Zelnick already on record saying gamepass doesn't work for AAA so of course he's going to support Microsoft destroying a big AAA publisher, it's going to open a lot of lanes and cash for b2p titles when gamepass demolishes everything ABK has built up over the better part of 2 decades

JAHGamer

Veteran
8 May 2023

That's dumb. Strauss Zelnick already on record saying gamepass doesn't work for AAA so of course he's going to support Microsoft destroying a big AAA publisher, it's going to open a lot of lanes and cash for b2p titles when gamepass demolishes everything ABK has built up over the better part of 2 decades
Exactly, making a quick comment in support of Xbox is not the same as betting your own livelihood on Xbox.

Last edited:

historia

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Jun 2023
Wanna make a bet?

• fire
Reactions: The Icon

Playstation Sucka

8 Jan 2023
Wanna make a bet?
You think Sony wants to let MS cry as a victim again this will only help MS in the long term this isn't happening
also you said 100-150 million for exclusivity my guy it's probably going to be a billion that's just peanuts for gta 6 when it will generate a billion within 2 days

Last edited:

Zzero

Major Tom
9 Jan 2023
did we really need an announcement of an announcement ? This takes away the hype of the announcement itself
Its not that, its a leak. Unless you meant the announcement not having a trailer for nearly a month.

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
Profile pic of what?

3 months yea. Less go
Ok so length of profile pic bet = length of exclusivity? If it's 3 months I'll have it up for 3 months, if it's 12 months I'll put it up for a year. I'll do you a solid and make it 3 months for you if there's no exclusivity at all.
You can pick what you want me to change my profile pic to as long as it won't get me banned lol. I'll pick something suitable as well.

OP
OP
Remember_Spinal

Remember_Spinal

Ah, my back!
23 Jun 2022
Wanna make a bet?

Its like watching a car wreck about to happen

Fox Tv Popcorn GIF by The Four

• haha
Reactions: Bryank75

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
You think Sony wants to let MS cry as a victim again this will only help MS in the long term this isn't happening
also you said 100-150 million for exclusivity my guy it's probably going to be a billion that's just peanuts for gta 6 when it will generate a billion within 2 days
You have to take into account the player base. There would be like 23M xbox, maybe 5M would buy it first year. So 5M at 70. 500M + Marketing rights for a whole year would be a steal for T2.