BOMBA: After 3 days of sales, Hellblade 2 is already out of the top 50 on Steam (#54). CCU lower than Hellblade 1.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
HELLBOMBA: After 7 years of development, the sequel of Hellbimbo was finally released this week and it was a resounding failure. The game is already out of the Top 50 on Steam before the first weekend even starts (#54) 😬

Screenshot_20240525_043124_Samsung Internet.jpg

The CCU of 3,982 on the first day will be the peak. Hellblade 1 had a peak of 5,653 and it was released as an indie with no marketing budget....7 years ago 😬

Of course, this was all predicted by myself before release but I was laughed at by our resident xbot @Infinity .

Screenshot_20240525_043630_DuckDuckGo.jpg
Nene Leakes GIF

What's next for Ninja Theory? Are we getting a port or this is the end for them? Please vote.

Shadow2027

15 Dec 2023
Its still just crazy the amount of hyping this got from xbox and community. They acted as this game was going to like a Last of Us and be generational (although that seems like every game now from xbox). But was supposed to be like 20-30 open world or something only for 5 hr experience

• fire
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

arvfab

Oldest Guard
23 Jun 2022
I can see the "take that Xbots" point of view, but I'm actually sad for NT. They had found their "place" as indie devs and probably hoped to continue that way just with the huge financial backing of MS when they decided to sell to them.

I doubt they had any idea that their game would be put as the "highlight" of the Xbox lineup and that it would launch as Gamepass fodder when they decided to sell.

Hopefully MS will let them go instead of just closing them down.

Last edited:

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
Gamepass killing sales but it seems like those same devs need sales to stay in business. Internal studios even…

Phil Spencer is responsible for these studio shutdowns. Even the gamepass handout isn’t enough because as of the dev thread we had earlier … they still need sales on actual gaming platforms with paying customers and not relying on gaming welfare programs.

I don’t know how much longer they can even try with gamepass. Honestly, the day one stuff needs to be shutdown asap.

klomzi

8 Mar 2024
You ignorance is not my problem, look it up, there are plenty of recent examples.

All examples Im seeing is how well software is selling on PC, like CapCom games. Otherwise, there's very little platform split out there from devs and pubs.

Also, if SP games was bombing on PC, I would assume companies would drop releasing on PC, instead they are pushing for it.

Like how Square just made a very big deal of Kingdom Hearts coming to Steam.

Status
Not open for further replies.