BOMBA: After 3 days of sales, Hellblade 2 is already out of the top 50 on Steam (#54). CCU lower than Hellblade 1.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Polyh3dron

Veteran
31 Jan 2024
Starfield sucks, but it still sold a ton of copies on Steam.
Still a mere fraction of the amount of people who played it on PC.

A game's availability on Game Pass means a ton of people who would otherwise buy a game on Steam to play it have it available to them for no extra cost thanks to their Game Pass subscription.

Do you really mean to say that this wouldn't have a significant impact on Steam sales?

OP
OP
Gods&Monsters

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
Still a mere fraction of the amount of people who played it on PC.

A game's availability on Game Pass means a ton of people who would otherwise buy a game on Steam to play it have it available to them for no extra cost thanks to their Game Pass subscription.

Do you really mean to say that this wouldn't have a significant impact on Steam sales?
You talk as if this game pass thing is new. Bitch we have the receipts here with all the data. What about the PS ports that are years old and on PS+ and still beat Senua's ass? GOT is still number 4 after Steamdeck btw.

iN8NDkM.png

Plextorage

Veteran
26 Feb 2023
HELLBOMBA: After 7 years of development, the sequel of Hellbimbo was finally released this week and it was a resounding failure. The game is already out of the Top 50 on Steam before the first weekend even starts (#54) 😬

View attachment 5141

The CCU of 3,982 on the first day will be the peak. Hellblade 1 had a peak of 5,653 and it was released as an indie with no marketing budget....7 years ago 😬

Of course, this was all predicted by myself before release but I was laughed at by our resident xbot @Infinity .

View attachment 5142
Nene Leakes GIF

What's next for Ninja Theory? Are we getting a port or this is the end for them? Please vote.

quest4441

Veteran
27 Feb 2024
Motherfucking xbots and microsoft, this emotional blackmail of buy games otherwise studios will shut down is pathetic. How in the world have we come to it being okay for a game dev to make flop games and justify their continued existence

klomzi

8 Mar 2024
Nahh, the review rate varies by game. With a popular game like hades a lot of people will want to voice their opinion. For example we know that helldivers 2 has a bit over 12 million copies sold across pc and console, with pc being around 60% of that. So that's ~7-8m on pc. Yet it has 850k reviews on steam.

850k due to review bombing, before that it had like 160k reviews.

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
Im gonna check, must be a webarchive thing somewhere, at least it was nowhere near 850k like you stated in your post.
you can go to the steam page and filter the results, there was around 320k total reviews before the review bombing started, and then there were another 300+k during the review bombing period.

*edit* actually if you include non-steam buyers it already had 400k

actually.jpg

klomzi

8 Mar 2024
you can go to the steam page and filter the results, there was around 320k total reviews before the review bombing started, and then there were another 300+k during the review bombing period.

*edit* actually if you include non-steam buyers it already had 400k

View attachment 5150

Thanks, so Helldivers 2 is a bit of an outlier.

So I estimate Hades is around 6-9 million copies sold.

Bodycount611

Veteran
1 Jul 2022

Trophies are already in the game, only a matter of time now. I'm betting sooner rather than later now (maybe 6 months max) as they'll not want to make the same mistake as hifi rush.

The sales have been catastrophic. Every day they wait to port it, the less return they'll get on PS5.

• fire
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

Killer_Sakoman

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
I can see the "take that Xbots" point of view, but I'm actually sad for NT. They had found their "place" as indie devs and probably hoped to continue that way just with the huge financial backing of MS when they decided to sell to them.

I doubt they had any idea that their game would be put as the "highlight" of the Xbox lineup and that it would launch as Gamepass fodder when they decided to sell.

Hopefully MS will let them go instead of just closing them down.
Microsoft is shit but 7 years is too much for such a game with the developer working on well developed 3rd party engine. This could have been a 10 to 12 hour game with much better focus on gameplay, story pacing and combat. NT is now considered a non efficient developer. Publishers and investors won't give them a chance.

Sorry to say this, but I expect them to be shutdown.

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
Microsoft is shit but 7 years is too much for such a game with the developer working on well developed 3rd party engine. This could have been a 10 to 12 hour game with much better focus on gameplay, story pacing and combat. NT is now considered a non efficient developer. Publishers and investors won't give them a chance.

Sorry to say this, but I expect them to be shutdown.
take them out of their misery.
5h game with 3h cutscenes out of those 5h. also 1h running around lighting up fireplaces. sorry, but this m$ studios with huge backing capabilities.
Indie devs working in the basement makes better and bigger games.

Status
Not open for further replies.