Breaking: Concord is shutting down on September 6, full refunds. (Update: Servers Now Closed)

balrogboy

21 Jun 2022
You were making up shit and I corrected you multiple times. You claimed Sony cancelled Factions...they did not.
okay so let me make you a little poem
Factions was cancelled.
Concord was not
That game would have been succesful
And this game was just shot.

Such an ironic fate
Not enough distribution
no one there at the release date
Now it faces execution.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
There are bots in the game, the lvl 1 players you see are all bots. People have posted screenshots on reddit, if there was a regular influx of new lvl 1 players they wouldn't have shut down the game
Lies.

Why create up bullshit even after the game is cancelled?

Reactions: The Icon

ethomaz

Rebolation!
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
I am not sure about the US servers but SEA and Oceania servers definitely have bots, my friend saw the same few names in all of his matches
What your friends saw are lvl 1 characters... I'm playing wit lvl 1 character even today... these ones I don't play.

quest4441

Veteran
27 Feb 2024
The one good thing is that at least someone with brains is actually the decision maker here, I called it last week that they need to shut this game down and slowly lay off people over the course of next year. They need a no nonsense gets shit done on time Project manager as head of the 1st party studios, someone like YoshiP. There should be no reason to allow cuckmann and his coven of snowflakes to sit on their asses releasing remasters and remakes

Dick Jones

Corporate Dick
Icon Extra
5 Jul 2022
It is whataboutism

The original post is about concord but you bring astrobot into this convo which is unrelated at all with this game
Okay I'll dumb it down for you.

Poster hates Concord because character models aren't sexy enough for him.

The same poster enters every thread about Concord posting how much he hates Concord and derailing those threads.

I made a comment that I hoped he will find a character in Astro Bot attractive or this board will have the same poster derail every Astro Bot thread wanting to cancel that game too.

It's not Whataboutism. It is mocking someone who gets off on being attractive to digital characters.

You could insert almost any game for Astro and the joke still hits (for everyone but you)

Dr. E99

1 Sep 2024
>people are claiming PC is the problem
The game wouldn't have been shut down if it was doing well on Playstation, it would've just dropped support on PC.
It being on PC didn't kill it; it's a live service clone of Overwatch released years after Overwatch itself lost its relevance, and breaking into the live service industry is a lot like gambling.
Live service games are forever games designed to keep people playing. The thing is, is that people who play these titles have already found existing live service games to fill that time, and people only have so much time and money on their hands.
Creating a live service game is like gambling because it's pretty much just luck if the game will take off or not. Helldivers 2 was an anomaly not the norm for what Sony can expect with such titles.

Plus the game just didn't look particularly good? Lot easier to get excited for "it's like starship troopers but as a game where you fight not only bugs but terminators" than "its like overwatch but with worse character designs"
Exactly this.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
About the 8 years in development...

bafkreiaxufzs2ymhbpp4lvpf3wmakshjctzo64o5gr2brrqp5ftiyk7pze@jpeg

Reactions: ApolloHelios

balrogboy

21 Jun 2022
I made a comment that I hoped he will find a character in Astro Bot attractive or this board will have the same poster derail every Astro Bot thread wanting to cancel that game too.
you know I think robots can be quite sexy....

Airbus

Veteran
Icon Extra
30 Jun 2022

It's not Whataboutism. It is mocking someone who gets off on being attractive to digital characters.

You could insert almost any game for Astro and the joke still hits (for everyone but you)
Exactly whataboutism

Ive checked that post

Dude doesnt mentioned anything about sexy looking character in that post

But you did

Along with bringing astrobot into this conversation

Reactions: Would_you_kindly

ethomaz

Rebolation!
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
There is no lie, there were bots in the game, you don't have a whole team of lvl 1's for multiple matches in a row for days at a time. Give it up bro I know its hard when destiny and concord both are in the dumpster :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
Again lies... just stop.
The maintenance to suppose add bots was today at 12pm (my timezone).

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
Sony, Sony killed factions.
or maybe even ND.
ND Killed factions. doesnt really matter for my point.
yet they went full steam ahead with a game that had 0 hype behind it.
As I remember ND/Druckmann publicly mentioned that ND decided themselves first to spinoff the Factions game mode of TLOU2 to turn it into a standalone game, and later to cancel because it was going to take way more resources than they originally planned, to the point that it wouldn't leave enough resources for their SP games.

ND, had to choose between the SP games and the GaaS, and decided to go non-GaaS SP games only.

Heads MUST roll
Make sure they will.

As in any other publisher/dev, they'll make a postmortem (in this particular case very good name) to spot what went right, what went wrong and take the needed actions to fix it.
  • If the market research team/head didn't anticipate that this was going to tank this hard before release listing and warning about the related reasons should be fired
  • If the CM head didn't properly report the negative feedback should be fired
  • If the marketing head in charge of their campaign or specially trailers didn't properly anticipate that people wasn't going to like it and didn't report the negative feedback properly should be fired
  • The producers (in charge of the game development side) and product managers (in charge of the marketing side), plus the editorial/catalog team members who did ignore all that feedback and didn't react to address it and solve it should be fired
  • Their entire DEI team should be fired and shut down, and also whoever is pushing to replace white heterosexual males as protagonists of the SIE games
  • If the creative director / game designers / writers / character designers made the characters that unappealing / uncharismatic / unattractive / ugly / boring / woke by themselves, without being forced by the ones above them or the people listed before, should be fired
The studio head and game director pretty likely must be fired too because of not anticipating and fixing this and being responsible having thrown pretty likely over 100M to the garbage bin.

The rest of the team should be ok because they seem to have done a great job and if the game tanked wasn't their fault or responsability. These remaining ones should be moved to nearby SIE teams (I assume Bungie, because it's the only one they have in the same city) in case they decide to shut down the studio.

Hermen and his team should take note and make sure that these same issues detected in the postmortem don't happen again in Death Stranding 2, Marathon, Fairgames, Horizon Online, Bend's new IP, SSM's new IP or the rest of their current and upcoming games.

Last edited:
  • brain
Reactions: The Icon