Breaking Rumor. Make your Bets

Danja1187

Veteran
10 Mar 2023
sony Visual Arts worked on that, and the game flopped didnt it only get 100 players on Steam?
Visual Arts started the Remake and it wasn't going well plus Hermem said they were mismanaging the budget, so Naughty Dog took the project in-house so they could protect their IP's quality control.

The Remake sold extremely well on PS5.

Arc

5 Sep 2023
Only to announce a merger with Microsoft and Bobby as the New CEO of Sony
james franco GIF

Reactions: Diah

Danja1187

Veteran
10 Mar 2023
A person who is in charge of the company that is taking forever to make a game has no responsibility. That’s not how it works.
Him being one of the President's when the game started has nothing to do with anything? Neil has never worked on a multiplayer game at Naughty Dog lol... Not even the original Factions lol.

All we know is Bungie probably deemed their MTX not predatory enough and sent the game into development hell.

Allow Neil to showcase his next game before we call for him to lose his Job.

historia

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Jun 2023
I think it is MM merging with Firesprite. Co-creator of MM also leaving studio.

Danja1187

Veteran
10 Mar 2023
So for 4 years working on this game, with NOTHING to show for it?

We really need Jason Rubin and Andy Gavin back
Why do we need them back? Lol.
Naughty Dog would be an even bigger shell of themselves if those guys came back to run things. Stop being so unserious, I ask of you 🤣

Thunderstorm__

31 May 2023
Him being one of the President's when the game started has nothing to do with anything? Neil has never worked on a multiplayer game at Naughty Dog lol... Not even the original Factions lol.

All we know is Bungie probably deemed their MTX not predatory enough and sent the game into development hell.

Allow Neil to showcase his next game before we call for him to lose his Job.
He is supposed to manage the company, why is the company’s poor performance not related to his vision or direction?

Reactions: Box

Danja1187

Veteran
10 Mar 2023
Cmon guys, not every thread needs to be derailed into Niel Druckmann hate...
Man... It's weird AF! As if Sony is gonna get rid of the guy who is helping with Season 2 of TLOU or currently making The Last of Us part 3.

Allow him to fail before asking for his head. After all, he's not Hermen Hulst who has sent Playstation Studios into development hell 🌚

historia

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Jun 2023
Man... It's weird AF! As if Sony is gonna get rid of the guy who is helping with Season 2 of TLOU or currently making The Last of Us part 3.

Allow him to fail before asking for his head. After all, he's not Hermen Hulst who has sent Playstation Studios into development hell 🌚
If the guy want to get into Hollywood, let him be in it.

Box

May contain Snake
6 Apr 2023

Put him in charge of the show and Sony Media as a director, he clearly wants to work on movies/shows instead of games anyways.

Everyone gets what they want

DForce

Icon Extra
24 Jun 2022
Cmon guys, not every thread needs to be derailed into Niel Druckmann hate...
It's over on GAF, too.

What's interesting is that one of the mods is hoping that it's related to Naughty Dog, too.

This also answers my question as to why mods give far more leeway to anti-Neil\Naughty Dog members on GAF. I have seen members insult people countless times without any consequences. They're so quick to kick people out of threads or delete their comments if someone tries to argue against another member's view point.

historia

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Jun 2023
It's over on GAF, too.

What's interesting is that one of the mods is hoping that it's related to Naughty Dog, too.

This also answers my question as to why mods give far more leeway to anti-Neil\Naughty Dog members on GAF. I have seen members insult people countless times without any consequences. They're so quick to kick people out of threads or delete their comments if someone tries to argue against another member's view point.
Because they are tentpole PS studio and they haven't showed anything new this gen?

I don't cars about mods on internet forums, all mods on those big forums are power-tripping cunts

But people questions ND for a reason

Danja1187

Veteran
10 Mar 2023
We know exactly why a subset of gamers hate Neil and it has nothing to do with them not releasing anything in 3 years. This started with Nadine / Anita with Uncharted 4 and reached fever pitch with TLOU 2.

DForce

Icon Extra
24 Jun 2022
Because they are tentpole PS studio and they haven't showed anything new this gen?

I don't cars about mods on internet forums, all mods on those big forums are power-tripping cunts

But people questions ND for a reason
Their latest project was put on ice, which is planned to be revealed earlier this year.

But let's not pretend that other studios are showing a lot of games when they're not.

Took more than 4 years to release GoW:R and HFW. Bend Studio hasn't revealed a new game and neither has Sucker Punch.

• brain
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

historia

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Jun 2023
Their latest project was put on ice, which is planned to be revealed earlier this year.

But let's not pretend that other studios are showing a lot of games when they're not.

Took more than 4 years to release GoW:R and HFW. Bend Studio hasn't revealed a new game and neither has Sucker Punch.
I think it is more important they going back to Uncharted mindless fun rather than TLOU. Like we have enough of it.

Box

May contain Snake
6 Apr 2023
His video was leaked

It's layoffs related.

It's a major name individual that has a "team", but it doesn't seem like a giant layoff or a studio closure. Jaffe focuses on this individual and mentions their "team" but there's no indication of size or what he means by that.

Jaffe goes on about "their PlayStation pedigree" and "everything they've done for PlayStation

It's not about Jim Ryan, as in news that he was booted rather than willing retirement.

He says he doesn't know if this person leaving is connected to Jim Ryan leaving as in that whoever takes Jim's spot is pushing that team

Box

May contain Snake
6 Apr 2023
We know exactly why a subset of gamers hate Neil and it has nothing to do with them not releasing anything in 3 years. This started with Nadine / Anita with Uncharted 4 and reached fever pitch with TLOU 2.

Druckmann sitting on his hands for years on end while he pursues his own creative projects outside of games could have attracted some ire, along with his reputation for taking credit for stuff he shouldn't have over the years.

Druckmann essentially scrubbing Bruce Straley from having any credit for The Last of Us infuriates me. Bruce did so much for that game and it's narrative, and him getting no credit is certainly alarming. Sony letting Neil go would be wonderful karma in that sense, but I just can't imagine it'd happen. Neil might be an egomaniac, but most creatives are and it's not like his past few projects have been complete bombs. I don't see Sony doing anything to Neil and his team unless some story about Neil being a rapist breaks, and I don't think Jaffe would be all that bummed if that's what was happening. It's gotta be someone else.

I work in a government department where career progression is very slow, so people stab each other in the back to get any crumb of higher duties at any given time. Minor emotional weaknesses for like a day get reported by people with a desire for ascension, and used against a person for years on end as a reason to keep them down. So I've come to hate this kind of person with a passion and I've learned to identify them when I see them. I don't think it's Druckmann, as much as I'd like it to be, because corporations like to protect people like that.