Bungie lays off 17% of their workforce (155 employees moving to SIE)

ksdixon

Dixon Cider Ltd.
22 Jun 2022
This is bullshit. Why couldn't ND have done this for TLOU Online?

ethomaz

Rebolation!
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
With over 200 employees getting out you will see a lot of stories so I left one here.
Not saying anything about it... people that got fired are sad and even angered and so they will blurt out on social networks... that is normal.

• haha
Reactions: Zzero and Luffy123

John Elden Ring

The Thread Maker
Content Creator
5 Jul 2022
United States
GT1S0X9XcAAYrWS

• haha
Reactions: Yurinka

reziel

Banned
12 Jun 2023
Ooh maybe this means ww can look forward to a Halo return but under a new I.P identity.

I wouldn't trust anything the Washington post says. Besides what did they expect after being willing to sell to a big company. Jobs won't ve kept if you're not meeting at the very least their minimum requirements. This is the downside of that.

Last edited:

Cool hand luke

Veteran
14 Feb 2023
I imagine how anybody can believe a big acquisition not having restructuring and layoffs.
That is a big part of the merge.

I'm more surprised that took Sony that many years to start doing the merge.
It wasn't going to result in layoffs or restructuring if they continued operating as a profitable entity.

Reactions: Would_you_kindly
OP
OP
voke

voke

Veteran
10 Jan 2023
Sony deal didn't result in this. As per their own employees, Sony had nothing to do with this. It's all Bungie management. Except, they didn't fire the biggest morons there, the upper management.
People forget Bungie signed the deal with the request of full control. 2 years and some moths later... they failed. Sony will do better with this talent 100%. Bungie always seemed like a company that was horrible with budgeting and being overambitious.

Reactions: Would_you_kindly

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
This actually pretty cool.

More than likely Bungie will be the online driven, multiplatform studio. This is an offshoot built from Bungie built for the purpose of a single incubated product. More than likely not online focused.

Which leads me to believe they the doomer angle of Sony taking over isn’t accurate at all.

What’s also interesting that in a way Bungie sorta divested a piece of itself and its workforce to internal PlayStation, in addition to intergration to reduce redundancies wherever possible. I believe this in addition to the layoffs was necessary to the avoid this rumored Sony take over. So in essence, they gave Sony something they were sitting on for PlayStation exclusive.

It all sounds a bit ridiculous because Sony owns Bungie but we dont know the previous or current state what their deal even is.

(Just saw the grub post )

Last edited:
Reactions: Kokoloko

Johnic

Veteran
24 Mar 2023
Outer Heaven
People forget Bungie signed the deal with the request of full control. 2 years and some moths later... they failed. Sony will do better with this talent 100%. Bungie always seemed like a company that was horrible with budgeting and being overambitious.
They just need to get rid of management and get one of their own people there.

Zzero

Major Tom
9 Jan 2023
Axe grinders crying about CEO pay. Lol. Its a tough industry and one you all signed up for knowing its bad reputation.

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
Please combine both threads btw. It’s one and the same discussion to avoid redundancies, k thanks .

Reactions: Kokoloko

2spooky5me

Veteran
12 May 2024
Please don't elevate "Pirat_Nation".
That guy is an absolute grifter, and political/social drama pusher. Karim Jovian levels of scumbaggery.

Anyways, I wonder how many journalists will (conveniently) ignore Liana Ruppert's tweet, and blame PS for everything (including the layoffs before the acquisition)? SMH