Callisto Protocol | Review Thread

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
Skill Up: I do not recommend.

Just one long corridor basically. Threadbare story, no puzzles, no exploration, combat doesn't work, isn't scary, just jump scares.

One boss, one miniboss recycled four times.

Runs terribly on PC. Lots of stuttering. 14 FPS on Steam Deck on low settings 😄. Other reviewers are saying it runs really well on PS5.

Amazing graphics though!
xbot isn't recommending game :) he plenty of times recommended garbage, like Halo through..

KiryuRealty

Cambridge Dictionary High Priest of Grammar
28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.
The middling reviews along with the absurd DLC paygates just reinforced my decision to wait until the complete edition goes $20 or less on PSN. And since I’m in the economic hellhole that is Canada, that is gonna be a while, thanks to the gouging we take on prices compared to the States!

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
Wow, what a disappointment.

night sinking GIF

Hezekiah

Veteran
23 Jul 2022
xbot isn't recommending game :) he plenty of times recommended garbage, like Halo through..
Is he an Xbot? I've always liked his reviews because they're very detailed, but I only watch a relatively small fraction of them.

With Halo the Campaign was above average - the game was just rushed and clearly didn't deserve 10s, and the multiplayer was (is) a mess.

Satoru

Limitless
Founder
20 Jun 2022
Runs awful on PC, best console version is PS5. Xbox Series X is missing ray traced reflections .Quality mode on Series X not only misses ray tracing reflections but also performs worse FPS wise at the same target resolution. Contrary to Plague Tale Requiem, no excuses around console power, but rather mentions of notifying the developer of these issues.

• Informative
Reactions: Sircaw

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
Runs awful on PC, best console version is PS5. Xbox Series X is missing ray traced reflections .Quality mode on Series X not only misses ray tracing reflections but also performs worse FPS wise at the same target resolution. Contrary to Plague Tale Requiem, no excuses around console power, but rather mentions of notifying the developer of these issues.

No other way to say this, its a bit of a shocker, looks like it could have done with another 6 months of development and polishing time. (At least)
sad panda GIF

Dr Bass

The doctor is in
Founder
20 Jun 2022

The very concept that DF has to "notify the developers" of the issues is so insanely arrogant ...

The developers know exactly what the situation is on every platform. 🤣

KiryuRealty

28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.
The very concept that DF has to "notify the developers" of the issues is so insanely arrogant ...

DF are self-important twats to an extreme degree that mere humans can't achieve.

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
Is he an Xbot? I've always liked his reviews because they're very detailed, but I only watch a relatively small fraction of them.

With Halo the Campaign was above average - the game was just rushed and clearly didn't deserve 10s, and the multiplayer was (is) a mess.

Not in any form. If anything he’s a Playstation fan so this is kinda the opposite of the nonsense you’d normally hear. Nor did he give some glowing review of infinite. Fake news. All of it.

SkillUp is usually in line with how I’d perceive some games. Only bigger reviewer I think is worth a damn.

Reactions: Hezekiah

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022

if fans would do that - it's harassment. when DF does it - it's profesionism 😂

in my book, DF is even worse by a mile. fucking m$ employees

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: KiryuRealty

KiryuRealty

28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.
Not in any form. If anything he’s a Playstation fan so this is kinda the opposite of the nonsense you’d normally hear. Nor did he give some glowing review of infinite. Fake news. All of it.

SkillUp is usually in line with how I’d perceive some games. Only bigger reviewer I think is worth a damn.
Thank you for illustrating the concept of confirmation bias!

“The only valid reviewer is the one who has the same opinions I do!”

P

peter42O

This. And ACG is worth watching too.

P

peter42O

Anyway, currently playing Callisto Protocol. Three hours in thus far. It's very linear and straight forward. Visuals, atmosphere and immersion is excellent and the audio is great. Story/characters are okay at this point. Enjoying the combat/gameplay but I am playing on minimum security (easy) so not having the issues that Skill Up or others have had. Playing on Series X. No technical issues except for falling through a platform as I was walking off an elevator that shouldn't have happened. Second time, no issue.

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022

so you are playing Evil West? :D

P

peter42O

so you are playing Evil West? :D

I dropped that game after Chapter 10. With that said, I do like Skill Up but reviewers are no different than us. It's just another opinion. Not everyone is going to like what you like just like you won't like what everyone else likes. Skill Up does do good in depth reviews. Sometimes I agree and sometimes I disagree like I do with every reviewer regarding every game.

Everyone should try to find the reviewer/site that lines up with what they individually prefer. I watch a lot of reviews for games that im 50/50 on and a few for the games im 100% on just to make sure that there's nothing in the game that im not into gameplay/combat wise. GamingBolt is still my preferred site for reviews and have been since Xbox 360/PlayStation 3 era because they normally line up with my own opinions after I complete the respective game. Rating wise, if they score a game an 8 for example, im no more than a point difference in either direction 80% of the time. Every 8 out of 10 games, GamingBolt lines up with my own personal opinion. No other site or youtuber comes close. :)

Shmunter

Veteran
22 Jul 2022
Man devs really don’t give a flying duck about pc. Solid performance on ps5 with higher end rendering is admirable. Shows what can be done when tapping into the hardware.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Umar