Callisto Protocol | Review Thread

D

Deleted member 13

@VFX_Veteran, it's time to trade in your pc for that defacto gaming console experiance.

Second best does not have to be an option anymore, ps5s are in stock.

The Last Of Us Headbang GIF by PlayStation
Thanks for your suggestion - BUT - no thanks. ;)

rofif

...owns a 3080...why?
24 Jun 2022
Wow, what a disappointment.

night sinking GIF
Really? Some technical issues should not be that big of a deal.
Or is the game just bad bad?
From the reviews, it looks exactly like what I would want it to be. I am tired of open world games so this is good.

Anyway - I will get to it today

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
From the reviews, it looks exactly like what I would want it to be. I am tired of open world games so this is good.

I think the bit I read about the same boss being repeated 4 times in a row is not exactly what I would call good.

As for the technical issues, it's a complete and utter disaster on PC and xbox, I write books and I don't believe in trying to sell a story half complete or failing to get the product to be proofread for example.

It's shoddy workmen's ship and not acceptable, we should not accept it as gamers, no matter what team or piece of silicon we support.

Reactions: ethomaz

KiryuRealty

Cambridge Dictionary High Priest of Grammar
28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.
I think the bit I read about the same boss being repeated 4 times in a row is not exactly what I would call good.

As for the technical issues, it's a complete and utter disaster on PC and xbox, I write books and I don't believe in trying to sell a story half complete or failing to get the product to be proofread for example.

It's shoddy workmen's ship and not acceptable, we should not accept it as gamers, no matter what team or piece of silicon we support.
If the workmen need a ship, they definitely shouldn’t be forced into a shoddy one!

They need one built with quality workmanship!

• party
Reactions: Sircaw
D

Deleted member 13

I'm not getting it based on the combat mechanics I've heard. Holding down block automatically makes you dodge with every swing of the enemy? No thanks.

rofif

...owns a 3080...why?
24 Jun 2022
I'm not getting it based on the combat mechanics I've heard. Holding down block automatically makes you dodge with every swing of the enemy? No thanks.
I've played it yesterday. Block damages you.
You have to move left or right (hold stick left or right) and alternate to dodge incoming attacks.
Combat is not too great so far but it's different at least.

You should get it for graphics if anything. game is great looking

Oogabooga

16 Jul 2022
It's a decent game. I enjoyed it. Jacob is cool 😎 the visuals are great. The only bad thing about it is the stealth. The audio design is one of the best I have ever heard. I would rate it 6.5/10.

Nym

Did you like my Glasses, Snake?
21 Jun 2022
It wasn't a legitimate question I was being an asshole and bagging him for being a writer and writing "workman's ship". But I appreciate the several sincere replies I received regarding this. I'm not a huge fan of soyance fiction these days.

P

peter42O

After sleeping on it, I reinstalled The Callisto Protocol and must admit that one feature that I love on Xbox is the free cloud saves. That saved me from having to play through the entire game again. My save was three or so hours away from completion. I literally just finished the game a few minutes ago and the credits are rolling now. Below is my review that I have spoiler tagged. Doesn't reveal plot points or anything like that and is more based on the negatives I had with the combat and gameplay. With the negatives I had, I did enjoy the middle section immensely and do hope for a sequel and that Striking Distance learns from their mistakes and improves upon them.

Overall, it's the visuals and audio that carry the game in my opinion. Story and characters kept me interested but it's nothing special. Combat/gameplay is the weakest aspect of the game, at least for me. Even on easy, the difficulty spikes were bad especially near the end, the dodge mechanic is horrible, takes literally 5+ seconds to heal yourself using a health injector, boss fights were disappointing especially since they repeat and don't change until the very end. The camera is worse than the dodging mechanic because it's just way too fucking close at all times and when fighting the bosses, trying to run which your character barely does (I mean seriously, I can walk faster in reality) and trying to get a good field of view is just a pain the ass.

Below are my ratings for each category and overall rating. I have spoiler tagged this as well because you can obviously see what were the strengths and weaknesses. If you clicked on the spoiler tag above, then you're fine.

Graphics - 10/10 (superb)
Audio - 8.5/10 (great)
Gameplay/Combat - 6.5/10 (above average)
Story/Characters - 7.0/10 (good)
Overall - 8.0/10 (great)

Next Up: Season Ten for The Division 2 and next week, Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII Reunion.

P

peter42O

Wait, if you delete a game from the Xbox it deletes the local save?

No. I uninstalled everything by selecting the uninstall all option. It was 100% on me. Got mad at the game and uninstalled it all. But had a goodnight sleep and reinstalled it today and completed it. I still have it installed and will keep it there just in case I decide to play the story expansion.

Reactions: Satoru and Bryank75

Satoru

Limitless
Founder
20 Jun 2022
No. I uninstalled everything by selecting the uninstall all option. It was 100% on me. Got mad at the game and uninstalled it all. But had a goodnight sleep and reinstalled it today and completed it. I still have it installed and will keep it there just in case I decide to play the story expansion.

Fuckin hell you had me scared for a second thinking the XSX doesn't save locally.

Dr Bass

The doctor is in
Founder
20 Jun 2022
Fuckin hell you had me scared for a second thinking the XSX doesn't save locally.
Saving is one of the things Xbox does really well.

I remember playing rdr1 on 360 then revisiting it like six years later on x1x. The old saved synced from the cloud immediately and it picked up like I had been playing it yesterday.

It might not sound like much but it was nice given it was a BC game on a different console. That’s really how it should work everywhere.

Reactions: Satoru