Can we stop acting or run with the narrative that PS is not a direct competitor to Nintendo Switch

RE4-Station

Resident Evil Guru
Content Creator
28 Jun 2022
It’s not even a Sony IP on the movie side. Sony just own the rights to it.

Honestly I am laughing at the reaction to this.

A LEGO game.
yep, this is starting to get to levels of crazy I see when people deny that the original RE4 is the best game of all time. Everybody knows the original RE4 is the greatest thing ever

• haha
Reactions: arvfab and Muddasar

toucandela

24 Sep 2022
mishmash.games
What would happen if Nintendo released a AAA capable console in November 2030? That would be 5 years after the Switch 2 and in the middle of the PS6 era.

VillaiN

Veteran
10 Feb 2023
Some of u need to get a life.

Unless sony start noticing fall in revenue, profits, ps subs, huge hardware decline th3y ll try to maximise profits. Literylly the, said aaa games ll be first on ps5 later pc. No xbox and no switch (majority games cant run on it)

Ps s almost 3x revenue of nintendo. Profits re rising and soon they ll surpass N. Not long ago this wasnt the case.

How do u know nintendo wont listen to shareholders and start porting their games? They cant hold same status forever.

What if switch 2 isnt that big success? Majority of people around me bought swutch for kids, some use it. Back than it was cool new stuff. Spoke with them, majority wont buy another stronger switch for 400 or more. Not any time soon.

Budgets re rising. Longer development cycles ll hit nintendo also. They literaly pushed release of S2 cause of development.

Just play games and enjoy life.

Reactions: Muddasar

Darth Vader

I find your lack of faith disturbing
Founder
20 Jun 2022
How do u know nintendo wont listen to shareholders and start porting their games? They cant hold same status forever.
Sony shareholders never asked for the porting of Playstation games. In the last business meeting, a Goldman Sachs representative even asked about PC cannibalisation, which received the biggest non-answer ever.

Reactions: Diah

Darth Vader

Founder
20 Jun 2022
One thing I'm just thinking here - Sony ports games to Switch and PC day one, but cannot release the game on PS4? What is the financial incentive of releasing a game on Switch and not on PS4? Half of their MAU is still on the old console, which means a potential market of around 50 to 60M consoles.

Is it to force people to move to the PS5? If so, why is it releasing on Switch? If the Switch release is a contractual matter due to Lego licensing, why is it not releasing on the PS4?

RE4-Station

Resident Evil Guru
Content Creator
28 Jun 2022
Some of u need to get a life.

Unless sony start noticing fall in revenue, profits, ps subs, huge hardware decline th3y ll try to maximise profits. Literylly the, said aaa games ll be first on ps5 later pc. No xbox and no switch (majority games cant run on it)

Ps s almost 3x revenue of nintendo. Profits re rising and soon they ll surpass N. Not long ago this wasnt the case.

What if switch 2 isnt that big success? Majority of people around me bought swutch for kids, some use it. Back than it was cool new stuff. Spoke with them, majority wont buy another stronger switch for 400 or more. Not any time soon.

Budgets re rising. Longer development cycles ll hit nintendo also. They literaly pushed release of S2 cause of development.

Just play games and enjoy life.
Horizon seems to be a cursed franchise.
First game comes out a week before BOTW and the frozen wilds DLC came out around the same time BOTW DLC came out.
Then Forbidden West comes out a week after Elden Ring after that game got delayed out of January. (How ever the burning shores DLC comes out around the same time the CMA blocked the activision deal originally so that is some good news.)
Now Lego Horizon comes out and looks freakin awesome to me but the two big talking points I see about the game right now are:
1. Why is this coming out on Switch?
and 2. Jokes about Aloy being fat because of that incel shit we saw with Forbidden West Pre release footage.
Why can't Horizon just have a normal hype cycle

Darth Vader

Founder
20 Jun 2022
Jokes about Aloy being fat because of that incel shit we saw with Forbidden West Pre release footage.
Why can't Horizon just have a normal hype cycle
Ignoring the obvious poor choice in release dates, it's pretty obvious that the Incel shit is never going to leave, so in that regard the franchise is cursed forever.

Batzy

Veteran
10 Jan 2024
One thing I'm just thinking here - Sony ports games to Switch and PC day one, but cannot release the game on PS4? What is the financial incentive of releasing a game on Switch and not on PS4? Half of their MAU is still on the old console, which means a potential market of around 50 to 60M consoles.

Is it to force people to move to the PS5? If so, why is it releasing on Switch? If the Switch release is a contractual matter due to Lego licensing, why is it not releasing on the PS4?
Maybe cause there is no new switch this year. And if there is, it will have the 3ds effect that it will sell poorly for 6 months because a switch is cheaper.

RE4-Station

Resident Evil Guru
Content Creator
28 Jun 2022
Ignoring the obvious poor choice in release dates, it's pretty obvious that the Incel shit is never going to leave, so in that regard the franchise is cursed forever.
to be fair originally Horzion was coming out about a month after Elden ring. Elden ring was January 21st, then got delayed to February 25th, 2022 which was exactly a week after Forbidden West. Also the day after the invasion of Ukraine started! Look what you did ELDEN RING!

• haha

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Yes they are all competition to each other. Anything else is just convincing yourselves. Theres a reason these guys didnt share barely anything to another Platform.
Seems like Nintendo and Valve are the only one who dont give a shit about other fanbases and believe there products has its value in its own Platform. Bringing fans to your own Platform is the goal.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Diah and JAHGamer

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
They actually cater to different markets.
Of course some parcel of it that is small maybe overlap.

But you have two markets…
Consoles: 150m+
Portables: 150m+

For more that Switch has an option to be plugged in TV it is still a portable that can output to TV.

It is more a complement to a console than a direct competitor.
Vita should be the last Switch competitor but we know what happened.

Most PS users due the lack of a portable option end buying a Switch as complement... sadly they don’t integrate between themselves :(

BroodCorp

Veteran
Icon Extra
28 May 2023
Seems more like a strategic move to put what is clearly a game intended for children on the child-prefered platform Switch.

There’s plenty crossover between LEGO fans and Nintendo players I’d imagine.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz

I just don't consider this Lego game a "big franchise game" but that's just me.

The first game sold over 20 million.
Combined with the second game they already crossed 30 million years ago.

I have no ideia why people believes it is not big.

You can count in your hands the number of game that sell over 20 million.

Darth Vader

Founder
20 Jun 2022
Maybe cause there is no new switch this year. And if there is, it will have the 3ds effect that it will sell poorly for 6 months because a switch is cheaper.
How does that excuse not having the game on PS4?

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Are you talking about CY or FY?

Nintendo already said Switch’s sucessor won’t launch this CY and I believe the earliest it could launch in this FY is February / March 2025.

If it miss this FY the Nintendo is fucked up.

Darth Vader

Founder
20 Jun 2022
Sony already moved from the cross-gen releases… they want you moving to PS5.

BTW people seems to forget but Swtich is still current gen.
The Switch is not current gen, it released back in 2017 with technology from like 2015. It's a last gen console through and through.

Also, if they want people moving to the PS5, why release the game on PC and the Switch day one?

Reactions: Johnic

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
The Switch is not current gen, it released back in 2017 with technology from like 2015. It's a last gen console through and through.

Also, if they want people moving to the PS5, why release the game on PC and the Switch day one?
It doesn’t matter the technology.
Switch is still current gen.

PS3 Gen (7th): Wii / DS
Last Gen (8th): Wii U / 3DS
This Gen (9th): Switch
Next Gen (10th): Switch’s Sucessor

If you want I can list all Nintendo hardware since 3rd generation.

You guys always try to forget Wii U and 3DS existed in 8th generation lol
BTW I can add the Nintendo portable if you wish.

Last edited:

Batzy

Veteran
10 Jan 2024
Are you talking about CY or FY?

Nintendo already said Switch’s sucessor won’t launch this CY and I believe the earliest it could launch in this FY is February / March 2025.

If it miss this FY the Nintendo is fucked up.
CY. I can't keep track when these companies do FY.
How does that excuse not having the game on PS4?
I was not talking about the PS4. Best guess is that is its not worth buying dev kits for the ps4 since it will need a ps4 and ps4 pro version. Probably why xbox is also not worked on.

Danja1187

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
yep, this is starting to get to levels of crazy I see when people deny that the original RE4 is the best game of all time. Everybody knows the original RE4 is the greatest thing ever
Most overrated game for sure.