Can we talk about the lack of representation of playable straight women in games

Satoru

Limitless
Founder
20 Jun 2022
She was ugly, like I mean many female in western games nowadays are so ugly because some insecure ugly woman got offended by seeing so many pretty girls in games back in PS1-PS3 era 😂. And original Aloy face model actress actually pretty too, before they butchered her face in the game by making her fatter somehow just to meet ugly woman quota set by feminists 🤣. Thankfully, Japanese games still going strong with attractive and sexy girls, and one thumb up for Capcom too, because lately they modeled their female characters with real life models too, except they put an effort to keep them attractive, unlike western devs who bow down to feminist that hate pretty girls 🤣.

Found the special needs poster that probably can't approach woman because they find him repugnant.

Reactions: Would_you_kindly

ultimateFF

Veteran
29 Jun 2023
Found the special needs poster that probably can't approach woman because they find him repugnant.
Nah man, I'm always took sexy girls in games in a chill way, unlike insecure ugly womans who got offended easily everytime seeing sexy female in games 🤣. Like can y'all be chill for once, don't be like resetera people who got offended easily by the smallest thing 😂.

Reactions: Box

Satoru

Limitless
Founder
20 Jun 2022
Nah man, I'm always took sexy girls in games in a chill way, unlike insecure ugly womans who got offended easily everytime seeing sexy female in games 🤣. Like can y'all be chill for once, don't be like resetera people who got offended easily by the smallest thing 😂.

I'm a man, and you sound like either a 12 year old or an adult that can't get close to a woman because he's just repugnant. Grow the fuck up.

Satoru

Limitless
Founder
20 Jun 2022
Tell that to unstable insecure womans who got offended by the smallest thing like seeing sexy womans in games. Now that's type of person who can't get close to anyone 😂.

You must be meeting imaginary woman. Your incel friends are not of the female gender, dude.

Satoru

Limitless
Founder
20 Jun 2022
Then "womans" in resetera who complained about sexy female in video games, is actually not a woman at all? HAHAHAHA 😂 .

I don't frequent that place, so I can't answer that question. But I can guarantee you that I actually know and interact with woman in the real world, and I have yet to hear a complaint about some video game character being sexy or pretty. You should try leaving your incel group and meeting woman live, face to face. They don't bite, and they won't file for a restraining order unless you conduct yourself like an asshole.

ultimateFF

Veteran
29 Jun 2023
I don't frequent that place, so I can't answer that question. But I can guarantee you that I actually know and interact with woman in the real world, and I have yet to hear a complaint about some video game character being sexy or pretty. You should try leaving your incel group and meeting woman live, face to face. They don't bite, and they won't file for a restraining order unless you conduct yourself like an asshole.
Hard to ignore when those angry people complains, are responsible for making female faces in games become more ugly, for example Li Mei face in MK1 looked like grandma (lol 😂), but it happened to western games that I don't care about, so whatever 😜. Also, what is this incel whatever and meeting woman whatever you keep imagining about 🤣. You keep throwing all these confusing terms like calm your body man chill 😂.

flaccidsnake

Veteran
2 May 2023
Going on *Box*'s understanding of sexuality, literally every boy posting in this thread is asexual.

Satoru

Limitless
Founder
20 Jun 2022
Hard to ignore when those angry people complains, are responsible for making female faces in games become more ugly, for example Li Mei face in MK1 looked like grandma (lol 😂), but it happened to western games that I don't care about, so whatever 😜. Also, what is this incel whatever and meeting woman whatever you keep imagining about 🤣. You keep throwing all these confusing terms like calm your body man chill 😂.

You have to be 12 years old.

Kx11

Banned
7 Jan 2024
Katar
flickr.com
Probably Resident Evil is the last resort since Sony is on the hunt to switch everyone's sexual preference to non-straight like they did Aloy and soon enough Atreus will be outed as non-straight

• haha

shrike0fth0rns

Veteran
9 Dec 2022
It's 2023, and straight women are still totally unrepresented in AAA games. I can't think of a single non-created playable female main character who has a prominent canon male love interest in any major modern game.

I'm honestly really tired of people saying "She needs to focus on saving the world, there's no time for romance!" or "I'm glad that not every story has to have a romance subplot!" Meanwhile, nobody thinks it's weird that male protagonists like Drake or Geralt get multiple well-written partners in their games. Nobody bats an eye or cries "unrealistic!" when lesbian love blooms in The Last of Us.

Indeed this definitely is a thing in modern gaming. If a female character is a the main protagonist of any given game & the player has no choice in the matter, the odds are that she will be bi, lesbian, asexual/ambiguous, etc. Very rarely will she be depicted as explicitly straight. This is something I have definitely noticed myself over the past decade. It's not an accident either. I believe there is a combination of factors for why developers do this & I have my theories. If i try to list every female protagonist ever I'll be here all day listing characters so I'm just going to stick with examples of recent memory that I recall.

○Life is Strange series (Each female protagonist is bi)

○Metroid - Samus Aran is Asexual

○Final Fantasy 13 - Lightning is Asexual

○Tom Raider (Lara is 100% asexual/ambiguous Comic book spin off writer openly expressed intention to make Lara a lesbian )

○Horizon Zero Dawn - Alloy (is a lesbian)

○Last Of Us - Elle the face of the series has been established as a lesbian

○Control - Jesse Faden is asexual/ambiguous

○Overwatch - Tracer = poster girl of the game & was announced to be a lesbian

○The Walking Dead- Clementine was made bisexual in her final game apparence

○Dishonored 2 - Emily is asexual/ambiguous or bi depending on who you ask

○Bayonetta - Ambiguous Flirtatious, sexually expressive personality but no specific interest in anyone

○Gears of War - Kait Diaz - Ambiguous relationship with JD in

○GOW 4 that was made less ambiguously platonic in

○GOW 5 when she became the main protagonist.

○Mirror's Edge - Faith Conners- Asexual/Ambiguous- Romantic & sexual inclinations never come up

○Forspoken - Frey is Asexual and possibly lesbian

This is definitely an established and not just people's imagination. The only question is why this is.
🙄! With zero evidence gray is a lesbian. U wanna play a dating sims or just good games? You want to watch the lead female character you play with make out with some dudes or have sex with dudes in cut scenes? Do you want to potentially date these female characters? I’m not sure what the goal is here. How does the sexuality go a video game character change your life in anyway?

shrike0fth0rns

Veteran
9 Dec 2022
The point is the player is supposed to be their love interest. That’s why they speak to themselves, it’s like they’re confiding in us. No one wants to see a female character get with another man, that’s kind of like getting cucked. I know this might sound a little crazy but it’s the true rationale behind these development choices. That’s why if they do end up in a relationship, it’s with another woman, since that doesn’t feel like you’re getting cucked as much.
And it’s why men get into relationships more often, most gamers aren’t gay so seeing Nate with Elena just makes us happy.

Also Emily from Dishonored 2 is straight, in the beginning of the game you can find love letters/ diary submissions about her boyfriend.
I prefer my female characters to be lesbians actually or just have platonic relationships with the males in the game or if they do get involved with a guy I don’t want to see them making out or having sex. A nice chaste kiss or handshake or pat on the back is fine.

JAHGamer

Veteran
8 May 2023
I prefer my female characters to be lesbians actually or just have platonic relationships with the males in the game or if they do get involved with a guy I don’t want to see them making out or having sex. A nice chaste kiss or handshake or pat on the back is fine.
Same here, most male gamers do. I do NOT wanna see my girl Lara Croft or Samus laid up with another man 😳 It'd feel like they're cheating on me.

....Why was this old thread bumped?? 😂

OP
OP
Box

Box

May contain Snake
6 Apr 2023
🙄! With zero evidence gray is a lesbian. U wanna play a dating sims or just good games? You want to watch the lead female character you play with make out with some dudes or have sex with dudes in cut scenes? Do you want to potentially date these female characters? I’m not sure what the goal is here. How does the sexuality go a video game character change your life in anyway?

I like Romance in my stories, it adds depth to a character. Do you want everyone to only play as asexual celibate heroes?

Old Gamer

Veteran
5 Aug 2022
I see a bunch of "asexual" in OP list.

Why is it a problem if there is no expression of sexuality in those games?

Do you specifically want female protagonists to be straight and slutty? 🤷‍♂️

PS: IIRC, Aloy can be role-played to having a male or female love interest. The female romance option was just introduced and advertised later.

JAHGamer

Veteran
8 May 2023
I like Romance in my stories, it adds depth to a character. Do you want everyone to only play as asexual celibate heroes?
Yes! But only if it's a female character, idgaf about males, romance as a man is great, Witcher, Cyberpunk, Persona, Baldur's Gate 3, Eternights all did romance amazingly.

But female protagonists should only be with me 😎. When I was playing as Aloy, I would always keep Erend and Avad in the friendzone 😂 I swiftly declined all their annoying advances.