Capcom opens new Osaka support facility with 2 new mocap studios

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
In the past they already had one mocap studio where they recorded the mocap of -at least part of- games like Street Fighter V, but some games like Resident Evil Village were recorded on Sony's Santa Monica studio, or others like RE Remake or Street Fighter 6 were captured at Beyond Capture Studios (previously known as Mimic), a studio from Vancouver who worked on Howgats Legacy, Horizon Forbidden West, Spider-Man: Miles Morales, Forza Horizon 5, MK11, MKX or NBA 2K 22 to name a few.

With 2,603.82m² and 150 cameras and being able to capture up to 10 actors at the same time, it will be one of the largests mocap studios in Japan.

230407a.png

230407b.png

230407c.png

230407d.png

P.S.: Now Capcom will depend less on Sony for mocap. I see this as maybe another potential hint that they don't plan to sell Capcom to Sony.

ksdixon

Dixon Cider Ltd.
22 Jun 2022
Well.... Fuck.

They don't need to sell after MonHunWorld and REmake money makers, and successful launch of the reach for the moon engine.

Sleepy Sony not pulling the trigger when they had better relationship, and Capcom were open to purchase offers, around about early PS4 UMVC3 port/SFV development time period.

Remij

Banned
10 Jul 2022
Well.... Fuck.

They don't need to sell after MonHunWorld and REmake money makers, and successful launch of the reach for the moon engine.

Sleepy Sony not pulling the trigger when they had better relationship, and Capcom were open to purchase offers, around about early PS4 UMVC3 port/SFV development time period.
Capcom have already stated that PC is essentially their primary platform these days. While big games might sell a bit more on Playstation, Capcom sells more on PC each year.. and that's because Capcom stipulates PC versions of console exclusive titles, which means they essentially get all the games.

What I'm saying, is that Capcom has expertly played both sides, and in doing so, PC has become too significant of a market for them, which pulls away the need for them to align to any side.

• sad
Reactions: ksdixon

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
Capcom have already stated that PC is essentially their primary platform these days. While big games might sell a bit more on Playstation, Capcom sells more on PC each year.. and that's because Capcom stipulates PC versions of console exclusive titles, which means they essentially get all the games.

What I'm saying, is that Capcom has expertly played both sides, and in doing so, PC has become too significant of a market for them, which pulls away the need for them to align to any side.
Pirates always win, they even get the Swtich games. Betting it all on PC is a big mistake for any big publisher of console games, that's how you end up producing something like Exoprimal.

Remij

Banned
10 Jul 2022
Pirates always win, they even get the Swtich games. Betting it all on PC is a big mistake for any big publisher of console games, that's how you end up producing something like Exoprimal.

It's very simple... if a developer treats the PC version and community with respect.. they buy the games. Look at FROMSOFT and the Souls games... Souls games sell best on PC... despite the fact that people could just as easily pirate them.

Capcom has been fostering their PC market for a while now.. and it's paying dividends. Same goes for FROMSOFT... and the same will happen for Sony if they smarten the fuck up and release quality products.

nongkris

Veteran
14 Feb 2023
Shame they've just become an Resident Evil/Monster Hunter publisher. I'd love a next gen zombie sim like Dead Rising or a Dragon's Dogma on the RE engine.

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
It's very simple... if a developer treats the PC version and community with respect.. they buy the games. Look at FROMSOFT and the Souls games... Souls games sell best on PC... despite the fact that people could just as easily pirate them.

Capcom has been fostering their PC market for a while now.. and it's paying dividends. Same goes for FROMSOFT... and the same will happen for Sony if they smarten the fuck up and release quality products.
Bullshit. Souls games have a strong online component and people still pirate them anyway.

CDPR is sort of the exception, but it's not like their games don't get massivelly pirated as well.

Denuvo is likely what made Capcom and other publisher so comfortable with PC and that goes against all the false narrative that it's about treating PC players well.

Next you are going to tell me that people playing on Yuzu are actually dumoing their own ROMs. :ROFLMAO:

Sony released Sackboy with no Denuvo and there were far more people seeding the torrents for the game than people playing it on Steam

Last edited:
  • brain
Reactions: Gods&Monsters
24 Jun 2022
OP salivating at the thought of Microsoft buying Capcom so they can compete with Sony mocap studios.

That's kinda what it seems like low-key, doesn't it? He's been doing it a lot lately, like with the Capcom x Legendary Pictures thing but then forget Sony replaced Warner Bros for film distribution of Legendary Pictures movies for multiple years last year.

For all we know, Sony might've partially or heavily funded Capcom for this motion studio, but that thought isn't even so much as entertained. I mean that Yurinka is so quick to draw these conclusions to say Sony isn't acquiring Capcom...they could just as easily invest in them with stuff like this without the correlation needing to be "they're buying them!".

Pretty weird.

Same could've been said of Zenimax and yet they sold to Microsoft. Heck, same could've been said of Obsidian especially of the past 5-7 years...still acquired by Microsoft.

Your internal logic for this as a means of wanting to dismiss an acquisition of Capcom by Sony is quite flawed. What, are you scared Sony will suddenly pull away PC ports of Capcom games if they acquired them? Because that seems to be the #1 reason for these pre-emptive Sony/Capcom (or really, any Sony acquisition of a publisher who even partly supports PC) acquisition talks comes from.

Last edited:

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
That's kinda what it seems like low-key, doesn't it? He's been doing it a lot lately, like with the Capcom x Legendary Pictures thing but then forget Sony replaced Warner Bros for film distribution of Legendary Pictures movies for multiple years last year.

For all we know, Sony might've partially or heavily funded Capcom for this motion studio, but that thought isn't even so much as entertained. I mean that Yurinka is so quick to draw these conclusions to say Sony isn't acquiring Capcom...they could just as easily invest in them with stuff like this without the correlation needing to be "they're buying them!".

Pretty weird.
Shit, knowing Sony if they were ever going to have a big presence developing games in Japan they would start with a mocap studio like this.

Remij

Banned
10 Jul 2022
Bullshit. Souls games have a strong online component and people still pirate them anyway.

CDPR is sort of the exception, but it's not like their games don't get massivelly pirated as well.

Denuvo is likely what made Capcom and other publisher so comfortable with PC and that goes against all the false narrative that it's about treating PC players well.

Next you are going to tell me that people playing on Yuzu are actually dumoing their own ROMs. :ROFLMAO:

Sony released Sackboy with no Denuvo and there were far more people seeding the torrents for the game than people playing it on Steam
Souls games sell better on PC than they do on PS... despite all this pirating. 🤷‍♂️

Sony has a long way to go before gaining the trust of PC gamers. When you release shit like TLOU P1, people will pirate it out of spite. Sackboy also had issues with shader compilation stuttering until they fixed it with a patch.

Sony has a long way to go before they get the trust of PC gamers like Capcom and FROMSOFT have..

• thinking_hard
Reactions: Nhomnhom

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
Souls games sell better on PC than they do on PS... despite all this pirating. 🤷‍♂️

Sony has a long way to go before gaining the trust of PC gamers. When you release shit like TLOU P1, people will pirate it out of spite. Sackboy also had issues with shader compilation stuttering until they fixed it with a patch.

Sony has a long way to go before they get the trust of PC gamers like Capcom and FROMSOFT have..
Where are you getting the sales splits from FromSoftware games? I would like to see it.

Even TW3 made more money of PlayStation it would be surprising for me if FromSoftware games were selling better on PC given that they had multiple PlayStation exclusives over the years.

People will pirate because they can, stop with the BS, we are not fools here.

I play on PC but I hate how disingenuous most PC gamers are, I see right through them and their excuses, they remind me of Xbox players and their lack of accountability.

Remij

Banned
10 Jul 2022
Your internal logic for this as a means of wanting to dismiss an acquisition of Capcom by Sony is quite flawed. What, are you scared Sony will suddenly pull away PC ports of Capcom games if they acquired them? Because that seems to be the #1 reason for these pre-emptive Sony/Capcom (or really, any Sony acquisition of a publisher who even partly supports PC) acquisition talks comes from.
Huh? lmfao you're drawing a lot of conclusions based off nothing.

I don't care what Capcom does... I'm not scared in the slightest about them going to Sony and their games being removed from PC.. because that would greatly diminish Capcom's value to Sony as a whole. PC is too big of a market for them now to ignore. If Sony acquired Capcom... it would likely be another Bungie situation, and I don't care one way or the other.

This thread is built around the suspicion that this information might mean that Sony isn't acquiring Capcom... so it seems to me like PS fanboys are the ones who are scared and upset at what this might mean more than me... lmfao maybe look at yourselves. You're basically in here hoping and praying that Sony is funding this and that it's a misinterpretation :LOL:

24 Jun 2022
Where are you getting the sales splits from FromSoftware games? I would like to see it.

Remji really doesn't back up any of their claims with data. Also selling a copy of Dark Souls 3 on Steam could mean any number of things in terms of the actual price the game is selling at, meaning less for From Software (well, really Bandai Namco) per copy vs on PlayStation or even Xbox, considering how quickly games drop in price on Steam and how often they go on sale there (including as parts of bundles).

Also has it ever occurred to Remji that maybe Sony doesn't care about PC gamers to as large a degree as Capcom or FromSoft? At least not at the moment, anyway? After all they have their main customers (console owners) to satisfy above all else. Last I checked Capcom and FromSoft don't make their own consoles.

Huh? lmfao you're drawing a lot of conclusions based off nothing.

Not with your posting history 😉

I don't care what Capcom does... I'm not scared in the slightest about them going to Sony and their games being removed from PC.. because that would greatly diminish Capcom's value to Sony as a whole. PC is too big of a market for them now to ignore. If Sony acquired Capcom... it would likely be another Bungie situation, and I don't care one way or the other.

Well you doth protest too much for someone who claims they don't care what happens.

This thread is built around the suspicion that this information means that Sony isn't acquiring Capcom... so it seems to me like PS fanboys are the ones who are scared and upset at what this might mean more than me... lmfao maybe look at yourselves. You're basically hoping and praying that Sony is funding this :LOL:

No, the thread's built on the news Capcom's started up their own mocap studio. The reason it turned into a supposition that Sony isn't acquiring Capcom is because @Yurinka weirdly inferred this move meant that Capcom wasn't being acquired by Sony, when again, this has no bearing or implication on an acquisition one way or the other. And he did the same thing with the Capcom x Legendary Pictures thread, too, drawing a correlation where there was none.

Simply correcting him on the error of that erroneous correlation isn't the desperation you want to paint it as. All I suggested is that he could have chosen to read into the news another way, given that Capcom have used Sony's own mocap facilities in the past, that the possibility's just as likely Sony may have helped fund this new mocap studio as it is that the mocap studio being started could mean Capcom isn't being acquired by Sony.

Yet Yurinka chose to only read into it one way. Me bringing up the other possibility was just showing the other side of that coin. You need to take off the goggles.

Last edited:
  • brain
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

Remij

Banned
10 Jul 2022

Even TW3 made more money of PlayStation it would be surprising for me if FromSoftware games were selling better on PC given that they had multiple PlayStation exclusives over the years.

I play on PC but I hate how disingenuous most PC gamers are, I see right through them and their excuses, they remind me of Xbox players and their lack of accountability.
You can easily figure out that PC is the largest selling single platform for Souls games using the information that is out there. Sony's PS4 and PS5 get cobbled together.. and when you look at each platform separately, PC sells more than all of them.

And well, Capcom have outright released a press release stating as much about the PC. 🤷‍♂️

Remij

Banned
10 Jul 2022
Remji really doesn't back up any of their claims with data. Also selling a copy of Dark Souls 3 on Steam could mean any number of things in terms of the actual price the game is selling at, meaning less for From Software (well, really Bandai Namco) per copy vs on PlayStation or even Xbox, considering how quickly games drop in price on Steam and how often they go on sale there (including as parts of bundles).

Also has it ever occurred to Remji that maybe Sony doesn't care about PC gamers to as large a degree as Capcom or FromSoft? At least not at the moment, anyway? After all they have their main customers (console owners) to satisfy above all else. Last I checked Capcom and FromSoft don't make their own consoles.
The only thing that is occurring to me.. is that you are in this thread WORRIED that this news means Capcom might not be selling to Sony.. and are literally dreaming up ways in which this information might actually be interpreted as the opposite.

Maybe look at yourself for once.

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
You can easily figure out that PC is the largest selling single platform for Souls games using the information that is out there. Sony's PS4 and PS5 get cobbled together.. and when you look at each platform separately, PC sells more than all of them.
Where are you looking at those numbers? As far as I know all we have are very loose estimates about how well ER sold on PC.

All I know is that as sons as devs get involved with PC they double down on GaaS, most likely because online is the natural answer to getting your game pirated nonstop.

Remij

Banned
10 Jul 2022
Where are you looking at those numbers? As far as I know all we have are very loose estimates about how well ER sold on PC.

The FromSoftware game sold best on PC, representing 44% of total sales. Then it's PS5 with 27%, then Xbox (16%) and finally PS4 (13%).

And you're completely kidding yourself if you don't think those numbers represent other regions of the world as well.

24 Jun 2022
The only thing that is occurring to me.. is that you are in this thread WORRIED that this news means Capcom might not be selling to Sony.. and are literally dreaming up ways in which this information might actually be interpreted as the opposite.

Maybe look at yourself for once.

No thanks. Like I said, @Yurinka has made a weird habit of making correlations of various Capcom business decisions as if to definitively say they aren't being acquired. HE has been making these topics about acquisitions by putting his own read into them, when there was never grounds to make the correlation in the first place. The internal logic being used to make said correlations, IMO, is flawed, and I've just pointed that out.

You seem to be really concerned with me simply pointing that out, and it's not my fault this just incidentally happens to involve Capcom. I didn't do that; the OP did. They have used these events to make a certain read regarding acquisitions leading one way (a way you likely agree with for your own reasons, and a way I wouldn't necessarily agree nor disagree with IF the reason it was being mentioned made any sense relative to the topic in terms of there being some direct correlation...which there hasn't been), and all I've done is used that same logical reasoning to make other inferences, and inverted that reasoning to say it could mean the opposite of their own conclusions.

There's no "dreaming" going on here, except maybe in how you want to frame my input into the topic. But that's 100% on you, not me.

And you're completely kidding yourself if you don't think those numbers represent other regions of the world as well.

Wow, a whopping 4%. Amazing.

And rather cute to try splitting PS5 & PS4 up, considering when the game came out PS5s were still having a lot of supply issues and most people were not wanting to play a new current-gen game on last-gen hardware, which would explain the PS4 ratio. In that scenario PC had the largest install base by far with (theoretically) the most capable means of playing the game hardware-wise.

The bigger story there is why the Xbox ratio was so low and yes that would have included XBO as well (even if XBO did not get its own specific SKU release, the game works on that platform and the physical copy could be installed on both Xbox Series and Xbox One platforms, funny you did not provide a ratio split between those in terms of likelihood of Xbox owners who purchased the game for XBS and those who purchased it to play on XBO).

Last edited:

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023

You draw all your conclusions from a 4% gap in the sales chart of a single region on the launch month? PC is pretty big in mainland Europe if compared to NA, UK and Japan, so no, it's not representative of the world wide sales.