Capcom opens new Osaka support facility with 2 new mocap studios

Remij

Banned
10 Jul 2022
You draw all your conclusions from a 3% gap in a single region on the launch month? PC is pretty big in mainland Europe if compared to US, UK and Japan.
3% gap?

No...

PC = 44%
PS5 = 27%
Xbox = 16%
PS4 = 13%

That's more than 3%. PC is the single biggest platform for Souls games. Period.

And no... PC is plenty big in NA... and in NA Xbox competes more with Playstaion.

Remij

Banned
10 Jul 2022
No thanks. Like I said, @Yurinka has made a weird habit of making correlations of various Capcom business decisions as if to definitively say they aren't being acquired. HE has been making these topics about acquisitions by putting his own read into them, when there was never grounds to make the correlation in the first place. The internal logic being used to make said correlations, IMO, is flawed, and I've just pointed that out.

You seem to be really concerned with me simply pointing that out, and it's not my fault this just incidentally happens to involve Capcom. I didn't do that; the OP did. They have used these events to make a certain read regarding acquisitions leading one way (a way you likely agree with for your own reasons, and a way I wouldn't necessarily agree nor disagree with IF the reason it was being mentioned made any sense relative to the topic in terms of there being some direct correlation...which there hasn't been), and all I've done is used that same logical reasoning to make other inferences, and inverted that reasoning to say it could mean the opposite of their own conclusions.

There's no "dreaming" going on here, except maybe in how you want to frame my input into the topic. But that's 100% on you, not me.

Wow, a whopping 4%. Amazing.

And rather cute to try splitting PS5 & PS4 up, considering when the game came out PS5s were still having a lot of supply issues and most people were not wanting to play a new current-gen game on last-gen hardware, which would explain the PS4 ratio. In that scenario PC had the largest install base by far with (theoretically) the most capable means of playing the game hardware-wise.

The bigger story there is why the Xbox ratio was so low and yes that would have included XBO as well (even if XBO did not get its own specific SKU release, the game works on that platform and the physical copy could be installed on both Xbox Series and Xbox One platforms, funny you did not provide a ratio split between those in terms of likelihood of Xbox owners who purchased the game for XBS and those who purchased it to play on XBO).

lmfao that's a lot of words to cope about being in this thread dreaming of scenarios where Sony is acquiring Capcom and that this news might mean as much.

And no... much more than 4%. LOL don't blame me for your reading comprehension issues. I said the biggest singular platform. Cry somewhere else... because even if it was just 4%... you lose either way 🤷‍♂️

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
3% gap?

No...

PC = 44%
PS5 = 27%
Xbox = 16%
PS4 = 13%

That's more than 3%. PC is the single biggest platform for Souls games. Period.

And no... PC is plenty big in NA... and in NA Xbox competes more with Playstaion.
So in NA only the PS competes with Xbox but PC doesn't? Lmao... gtfo. Seems like you just can't deal with how big PlayStation still is to Japanese devs.

Good luck to Capcom or any other Japanese dev making PC their primary development platform. But hey, more free games for PC players until it all comes crashing down.

Remij

Banned
10 Jul 2022
So in NA only the PS competes with Xbox but not PC? Lmao... gtfo.
Console gamers game on console... they compete in a different way than either consoles do with PC. They compete more with each other in NA than they do directly with the PC... they don't typically take gamers away from PC. Which means that Elden Ring sales on console in NA are likely closer between Xbox and PS, than they are in Europe.. while PC remains strong.

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
Console gamers game on console... they compete in a different way than either consoles do with PC. They compete more with each other in NA than they do directly with the PC... they don't typically take gamers away from PC. Which means that Elden Ring sales on console in NA are likely closer between Xbox and PS, than they are in Europe.. while PC remains strong.
Xbox competes more directly with PC than anything else. Xbox is also bigger precisely in regions where PC wasn't as strong historically like the US.

Remij

Banned
10 Jul 2022
Xbox competes more directly with PC than anything else. Xbox is also bigger precisely in regions where PC wasn't as strong historically like the US.
No lmfao. Xbox is bigger in regions where Xbox's origins are.... :rolleyes:

Get over it. The battle between Xbox and PS in the US is a lot closer than it is elsewhere... Which means the ratio of console gamers who may have chosen the Xbox version of Elden Ring over the PS version in America might be more than the UK... while it's very unlikely that those gamers chose Xbox over PC.

It's very clear by the evidence.. that the PC version is far and away the most popular single platform. If you want to add PS5 and PS4 up together and still lose by 4%... go right ahead.

PC is THE platform for FROMSOFT games.

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
No lmfao. Xbox is bigger in regions where Xbox's origins are.... :rolleyes:

Get over it. The battle between Xbox and PS in the US is a lot closer than it is elsewhere... Which means the ratio of console gamers who may have chosen the Xbox version of Elden Ring over the PS version in America might be more than the UK.

It's very clear by the evidence.. that the PC version is far and away the most popular single platform. If you want to add PS5 and PS4 up together and still lose by 4%... go right ahead.

PC is THE platform for FROMSOFT games.
Why wouldn't you add PS4 and PS5 numbers?

PC is THE plataform for FromSoftware games? Then go play Demon's Souls and Bloodborne one it. Any FromSoftware fan has to also be a PlayStation owner at this point in time.

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
Because those aren't.... a singular platform.

It's the same reason why the source divided them up and reported them separately.
PC is a singular platform going back countless generations of hardware of all sorts but PlayStation 4 games don't count? You are fucking ridiculous. Your blind hatred for PlayStation is showing and you can't give credit where it's due, PlayStation is a big reason why these FromSoftware Souslike games even exist.

• fire
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
Because those aren't.... a singular platform.

It's the same reason why the source divided them up and reported them separately.

They're one platform... they both share the same store and network, I think maybe you're mixed up between generation of devices and platform...

A device can be of a different generation and still be part of the same platform.

Remij

Banned
10 Jul 2022
PC is a singular platform going back countless generations of hardware of all sorts but PlayStation 4 games don't count? You are fucking ridiculous.
Yes.. that's kind of the magic of the PC platform..........

Remij

Banned
10 Jul 2022
They're one platform... they both share the same store and network, I think maybe you're mixed up between generation of devices and platform...

A device can be of a different generation and still be part of the same platform.
A PS4 gamer can't play the PS5 version. They're different platforms.

24 Jun 2022
lmfao that's a lot of words to cope about being in this thread dreaming of scenarios where Sony is acquiring Capcom and that this news might mean as much.

Do you know how to actually read? Where am I going "Man, I HOPE Sony acquires Capcom and this mocap studio is TOTALLY a sign they are!!"? Nowhere, that's where. Again, you are intentionally ignoring the fact that Yurinka is the one who made this about acquisitions when they posited the studio as a "sign" that Sony isn't acquiring Capcom. The OP threw that correlation into the topic, and they've done it quite a few times the past few weeks, out of the blue.

So excuse me if questioning that logic is somehow in bad taste, and that operating on that same logic to show how one could read into it the opposite (or at least in a way to neutralize the takes he's been having) is somehow in any way equivalent to hoping & dreaming an acquisition happens. That may be YOUR fantasy, but it's not mine.

And no... much more than 4%. LOL don't blame me for your reading comprehension issues. I said the biggest singular platform. Cry somewhere else... because even if it was just 4%... you lose either way 🤷‍♂️

And here's where you fail: "PC" isn't really a unified platform, now is it? Storefront-wise, it could mean Steam, GOG, EGS, etc. GPU-wise, it could mean AMD or Nvidia or Intel. CPU-wise, it could mean AMD or Intel. "PC" is just a melting pot of many different hardware and (in the case of games) storefront providers.

If you wanted an HONEST comparison between PC and console, you'd do just that: combine all console sales and compare them against all PC sales. In the case of Elden Ring, that'd put consoles at 56%. Your "hardware vendors" are still just Sony and Microsoft, whereas on PC you have Nvidia, Intel, AMD. Or, you could go by storefronts. Console storefronts vs. PC storefronts, or a specific console storefront (i.e PlayStation) vs a specific PC storefront (i.e Steam).

That's if you wanted to do an actual fair, objective, honest breakdown of ER sales by platform, of course. Which you don't want to do, because you want to pretend PC is some homogenous unified platform not comprised of multiple storefronts and multiple CPU & GPU vendors and product lines combined together to create that 44% you want to boast so much about.

It gets even uglier if we get *really* specific and break it down by CPU & GPU type. All PS5s and Xboxes use the same CPU and GPU for example, but on PC, you've got people with any number of Intel Xe iGPUs, 4090s, 4080s, 5700 XTs, 7900 XTs, 1060s, i9s, i7s, etc. And you know if you broke the comparison down to those lines, even if it's 100% technically fair, PC percentages for ER sales would look absolutely abysmal. Because how many Steam users do you think bought Elden Ring to play on an i9 & 4080 setup? Versus PS5 or even PS4?

Yeah, exactly. Just take the L and hold it comfortably.

Remij

Banned
10 Jul 2022
Do you know how to actually read? Where am I going "Man, I HOPE Sony acquires Capcom and this mocap studio is TOTALLY a sign they are!!"? Nowhere, that's where. Again, you are intentionally ignoring the fact that Yurinka is the one who made this about acquisitions when they posited the studio as a "sign" that Sony isn't acquiring Capcom. The OP threw that correlation into the topic, and they've done it quite a few times the past few weeks, out of the blue.

So excuse me if questioning that logic is somehow in bad taste, and that operating on that same logic to show how one could read into it the opposite (or at least in a way to neutralize the takes he's been having) is somehow in any way equivalent to hoping & dreaming an acquisition happens. That may be YOUR fantasy, but it's not mine.

And here's where you fail: "PC" isn't really a unified platform, now is it? Storefront-wise, it could mean Steam, GOG, EGS, etc. GPU-wise, it could mean AMD or Nvidia or Intel. CPU-wise, it could mean AMD or Intel. "PC" is just a melting pot of many different hardware and (in the case of games) storefront providers.

If you wanted an HONEST comparison between PC and console, you'd do just that: combine all console sales and compare them against all PC sales. In the case of Elden Ring, that'd put consoles at 56%. Your "hardware vendors" are still just Sony and Microsoft, whereas on PC you have Nvidia, Intel, AMD. Or, you could go by storefronts. Console storefronts vs. PC storefronts, or a specific console storefront (i.e PlayStation) vs a specific PC storefront (i.e Steam).

That's if you wanted to do an actual fair, objective, honest breakdown of ER sales by platform, of course. Which you don't want to do, because you want to pretend PC is some homogenous unified platform not comprised of multiple storefronts and multiple CPU & GPU vendors and product lines combined together to create that 44% you want to boast so much about.

It gets even uglier if we get *really* specific and break it down by CPU & GPU type. All PS5s and Xboxes use the same CPU and GPU for example, but on PC, you've got people with any number of Intel Xe iGPUs, 4090s, 4080s, 5700 XTs, 7900 XTs, 1060s, i9s, i7s, etc. And you know if you broke the comparison down to those lines, even if it's 100% technically fair, PC percentages for ER sales would look absolutely abysmal. Because how many Steam users do you think bought Elden Ring to play on an i9 & 4080 setup? Versus PS5 or even PS4?

Yeah, exactly. Just take the L and hold it comfortably.
Yes it is.. because those all run on the same OS.

OMG you typed all that shit out to get completely obliterated in 1 sentence. Congrats! :LOL:

OP
OP
Yurinka

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
Well.... Fuck.

They don't need to sell after MonHunWorld and REmake money makers, and successful launch of the reach for the moon engine.

Sleepy Sony not pulling the trigger when they had better relationship, and Capcom were open to purchase offers, around about early PS4 UMVC3 port/SFV development time period.
Capcom has been improving their finantials year after year during the last 10 years in a row. Most of their main releases have been a great success. So their valuation kept skyrocketing in the last years too.

And when the valuation of the company is skyrocketing and the finantials are better than ever it's a dumb moment to sell.

@Yurinka has made a weird habit of making correlations of various Capcom business decisions as if to definitively say they aren't being acquired. HE has been making these topics about acquisitions by putting his own read into them, when there was never grounds to make the correlation in the first place. The internal logic being used to make said correlations, IMO, is flawed, and I've just pointed that out.
Explain me, if Capcom would be in talks to sell the company to Sony this or next year why would they give the SF movie rights to other company and why would they build their own mocaps (one of the biggest ones in Japan) instead of continue using the Sony ones?

Wouldn't it make more sense instead to use the Sony assets for that and use that as part of the acquisition?

PC is too big of a market for them now to ignore. If Sony acquired Capcom... it would likely be another Bungie situation, and I don't care one way or the other.
I'd bet that if Sony buys a publisher they will make the same Bungie/Mojang move: to keep them multiplatform but to block any exclusive for the rival consoles and game subs.

As reference Capcom achieved their goal of turning PC half of their revenue. It would be really stupid to buy Capcom to stop selling their games on rival consoles and PC when the majority of the Capcom game sales are made outside PS.

Sony or MS buy studios or publishers to grow and make money in more platforms, not to only increase a bit the sales of their consoles. Because most of the gaming money is made outside their consoles and it's way easier to grow in the other platforms because the growth of their consoles is pretty limited.

https://sea.ign.com/capcom/192120/news/half-of-capcoms-game-sales-come-from-pc

Last edited:
24 Jun 2022
Yes it is.. because those all run on the same OS.

OMG you typed all that shit out to get completely obliterated in 1 sentence. Congrats! :LOL:

Windows 7, 10, 11, and Linux (let alone the various Linux distros) are the same OS?

Imagine getting decimated with a rhetorical question of a reply. Sit down, son. You're done.

Remij

Banned
10 Jul 2022
Windows 7, 10, 11, and Linux (let alone the various Linux distros) are the same OS?

Imagine getting decimated with a rhetorical question of a reply. Sit down, son. You're done.
Yes, Windows 7, 10, 11 are all.... Windows. All of those can work on all the hardware configurations you listed...... that's what makes the PC one platform.. unlike PS4 and PS5.

And LOL you listed Linux... lmfao go ahead and take all the people who played on Linux away... it wont change the percentages even 1% :LOL:

OMFG you ACTUALLY thought you had something there... Obliterated again LOL :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:

ksdixon

Dixon Cider Ltd.
22 Jun 2022
Yes, Windows 7, 10, 11 are all.... Windows. All of those can work on all the hardware configurations you listed...... that's what makes the PC one platform.. unlike PS4 and PS5.
I believe the PS4 and PS5 both run off the same upgraded PStore backend, don't they? Your talking more like tech progress, where a PS4 can't play a PS5 game, but a PS5 could run PS4 games cause of unified PStore backend?

Remij

Banned
10 Jul 2022
I believe the PS4 and PS5 both run off the same upgraded PStore backend, don't they? Your talking more like tech progress, where a PS4 can't play a PS5 game, but a PS5 could run PS4 games cause of unified PStore backend?
The store has nothing to do with it. The PS5 can play a PS4 disc in the drive... The difference is you're buying 2 separate versions of the game on console.. because they are two different platforms. Elden Ring PS4 works on PS5... but not the other way around. On PC.. you're buying one version of the game, which works on the PC platform.. which constitutes all the different configs out there.

But again, even if I'm generous and let them combine PS4 and PS5... then they still lose by 4% lmao...

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz

And LOL you listed Linux... lmfao go ahead and take all the people who played on Linux away... it wont change the percentages even 1% :LOL:

OMFG you ACTUALLY thought you had something there... Obliterated again LOL :ROFLMAO:
So all Windows are Windows but all PlayStations are not PlayStation?

Man you are becoming the biggest joke in this forum 😂😂😂